Wolfenstein the New Order

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wolfenstein: The New Order

It's really far down there now, but there was one.

Getting it on PS4 personally - and note for people getting the PS4 version, if you're plus it's actually discounted for preorders if you've got plus. ($54 I think?)

Vaclav

Heh, true - he did tend to keep game threads alive in the weeks leading up to release.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but that certainly was another service he did for the forums for any negatives that came with it.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I just remember the last Wolfenstein game was garbage. I was super excited about it and was really disappointed after playing it. So I'm going to hold off and hear comments and reviews first before buying this one.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Enemy Territory? I LOVED the multiplayer, but I don't remember the single player one way or the other.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
This one wont even have multiplayer, but the draw of WWII-occult-badguys-shooting is strong!

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I just remember the last Wolfenstein game was garbage. I was super excited about it and was really disappointed after playing it. So I'm going to hold off and hear comments and reviews first before buying this one.
You mean the one with non-linear-but-not-really and forgettable level design with magic crystals and so much teal it burned your eyes ?

The best thing about it was the Zero Punctuation review:

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
You mean the one with non-linear-but-not-really and forgettable level design with magic crystals and so much teal it burned your eyes ?

The best thing about it was the Zero Punctuation review:
That was the one.

No Multiplayer for the new one? That's actually a plus to me. Games like Call of Duty mail in the single player campaigns because they make their money off of multiplayer gamers. But if there is no multiplayer, the developers, in theory, should have devoted their resources and efforts into making a really good game. I remain cautiously optimistic.

spronk

FPS noob
i just assumed this game was gonna suck bad, but I guess this semi review gives some good points. still gonna try it out on PC after its on a deep sale

I need some help decideing gents.

Normally for a shooter if you systems don't suck due to hardware quad SLI etc go with pc version more eye candy. My pc versions are ultra,ultra laptop or desktop.
However im on fence for the ps4 version due to 70 inch led can sit on couch and game , game controller while not as precise as mouse and keyboard you don't have the rumble pad etc.

So which version do I buy gents?

And need to pre order soon its 2 days before my birthday.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I need some help decideing gents.

Normally for a shooter if you systems don't suck due to hardware quad SLI etc go with pc version more eye candy. My pc versions are ultra,ultra laptop or desktop.
However im on fence for the ps4 version due to 70 inch led can sit on couch and game , game controller while not as precise as mouse and keyboard you don't have the rumble pad etc.

So which version do I buy gents?

And need to pre order soon its 2 days before my birthday.
Go where your friends are.

Vaclav

Hatorade: No multiplayer - friends aren't relevant except for lending the disc.

Personally, I'd say PS4 especially if you've got Plus, since the Plus preorder promo gets it almost to PC pricing - and you've got more convenient use of the TV/controller/couch.

Actually looking at it, $54 on PS+, $60 on Steam without a coupon - it's actually cheaper than base Steam pricing on PC, wow. (There's probably a coupon floating around though)

Vaclav

It will probably be around 20% off on Steam come Summer Sale in July.
Probably, more surprised that it's a $60 base price on Steam before any coupon deals - so much AAA PC stuff is $50 PC and $60 console that I assumed the PS+ pricing just got it close rather than beating Steam.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
He had a meltdown and was banning Araysar without going through the proper mod channels (???), which turned into a fight in the Ask a Mod thread, which led to his powers being stripped, which led to him going through and editing every post he's ever made.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So what happened to Sean? I was a away for a few weeks, fill me in bros....
Meltdown

Anyways it's ok other games is hands down my favorite sub forum because the people are more or less very cool dudes. Hell column even starting chilling out.

With that said, Sean was good at posting new shit but now we got
quality bros to carry the torch. Keep the faith.