Wolfenstein the New Order

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I heard this comes with access to Doom beta. Is there any info on that? I didn't even know a new Doom was coming out.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I heard this comes with access to Doom beta. Is there any info on that? I didn't even know a new Doom was coming out.
Yeah if you preorder.

Could you imagine how awesome it would be if Bethesda did it right with it being super over the top Satanic like a Slayer album cover?

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Yeah if you preorder.

Could you imagine how awesome it would be if Bethesda did it right with it being super over the top Satanic like a Slayer album cover?
I hope they do. Doom 3 was....alright, but didn't really feel like a Doom game. More blood rage and mindless violence, less spooky hallways please
biggrin.png

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Probably, more surprised that it's a $60 base price on Steam before any coupon deals - so much AAA PC stuff is $50 PC and $60 console that I assumed the PS+ pricing just got it close rather than beating Steam.
No one (with any common sense) actually buys Steam pre-orders from Steam. The discount prices people talk about come from GameFly, GMG, Amazon, etc. It's easy to get at least 20% off every game, and usually quite a bit more if you watch closely for vouchers. Wolfenstein can be had for 20% off right now at GameFly, not sure if it's been any lower at GMG. Probably not though, because it's a Bethesda game and they are notorious for keeping prices as high as possible.

As for PC vs. PS4, who seriously asks that question about a FPS--especially a single player one? The answer should be painfully obvious.

Vaclav

Eh, too lazy to coupon shop - most of the time Steam seems to do -10 or -20% off for many AAA for buying on preorder in my experience. But have seen tons of GMG and such codes mentioned here.

Vorph

No need to coupon shop, GameFly's 20% off code is pretty much 24/7/365. It's "MAY20OFF" now, it will be "JUN20OFF" next month, etc. There was a month or two where they dropped it to 15% but that didn't last, thankfully. I buy pretty much all my pre-order games from them. Amazon and Steam itself rarely even try to compete until long after release.

GMG offers better deals from time to time, especially ones that are only usable by the email address that receives them... but I almost never buy there because they don't accept AMEX and that's the only card I use for online purchases.

Hatorade: No multiplayer - friends aren't relevant except for lending the disc.

Personally, I'd say PS4 especially if you've got Plus, since the Plus preorder promo gets it almost to PC pricing - and you've got more convenient use of the TV/controller/couch.

Actually looking at it, $54 on PS+, $60 on Steam without a coupon - it's actually cheaper than base Steam pricing on PC, wow. (There's probably a coupon floating around though)
thanks I do have plus and loved the orginal wolfstein that came out back during hexen days and doom orginals im going to get ps4 can sit on couch big screen, cheaper price with the plus discount thanks. all.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
RtCW was the best imo. Great multiplayer too, even won a few items way the fuck back in the day. Headset, mouse, etc...

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
RtCW was the best imo. Great multiplayer too, even won a few items way the fuck back in the day. Headset, mouse, etc...
yep same did some tournaments too.

Man I miss that map Beach lol.

panzerfausting the Allies spawn in that 2nd spawn point was brutal.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That was my favorite multiplayer fps. I played nothing but OLTL and is why I wished this game had MP.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Seen that but it doesn't seem particularily bad to me. Mobs seem to have slow reaction time(could be mob type, could be difficulty), and firing at them stagger which is fairly common for humanoid enemies. He actually gets hit when he doesn't fire at it at the same time as he runs into melee range.

Definitely not buying this day 1, simply because Transistor releases on the same day so why the fuck would I pick this up, but I wouldn't crucify the game based on a few early impressions. Then again, I didn't expect much from this at all, so I can't be disappointed, if you bought into the hype(if there was any), I guess you would be though.