Woman who was getting her box munched on in public now claiming rape

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I totally disagree that Social/emotional coercion (especially while under the influences of drugs/alcohol) for the purposes of sexual intercourse is not rape, and to be perfectly honest, I'm not interested in convincing you otherwise. To me, that would be like taking time out of my day to convince someone that the sky is blue.
oh yeah, sorry. i had to rephrase that. it could be argued otherwise, I meant.

Yeah, I agree with you. Still, if social/emotional coercion is basis of rape, then the legal matters could be really murky and the shit, then, comes down to he said and she said. .

Quaid

Trump's Staff
oh yeah, sorry. i had to rephrase that. it could be argued otherwise, I meant.

Yeah, I agree with you. Still, if social/emotional coercion is basis of rape, then the legal matters could be really murky and the shit, then, comes down to he said and she said. .
Well ya... That's kinda the major flaw in our legal system in almost every case where someone accuses someone else of something. It's why lawyers exist.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
WOW, you guys are bad at this. Is it just because you're incapable of talking about any issues that involve gender or what?

Haast:
Tanoomba "acts on" because he is a special snowflake; the rest of us are rapists. Unless we are passed out, in which case he applauds the rape. They are exercising their independence from the patriarchy.... by raping it.
Tanoomba_sl said:
My exact words:
"It is possible to have alcohol be part of a sexual experience without it leading to rape accusations. It happens all the time. It usually involves not being an asshole and acknowledging that the person you're fucking is a human being."

You don't think I've had sex with drunk girls and/or sex while drunk? Guess how often I was accused of rape? How many guys who post here have made use of alcohol to help create circumstances under which sex was more likely? All but Trollface, I'm guessing, and if any one of us was ever falsely accused of rape I'd be very surprised. What's our magical secret?
As you can see, I put all of you in the same category as me. We've all benefited from alcohol's inhibition-reducing effects (except Trollface). None of us (presumably) have faced rape charges for it. Are we all special snowflakes?

BurnemWizfyre:
You apparently fail at deductive reasoning, I posted what I posted to show this shit goes both ways. You can't sit there and say it is ok for women to take advantage of drunk men and not call it rape if you sit there and say men who take advantage of drunk women is rape. Sorry when you bring in a legal matter your double standards that most people just laugh at can go get fucked. Personally I have never nor will I ever fuck a drunk woman when I am sober simply because I know how vindictive little cunts women can be at times, cover my own ass. However you don't get to sit there on a pedestal and claim that women taking advantage of drunk men aren't rapist when you claim men who take advantage of drunk women are rapist.
I never once said it was OK for women to take advantage of drunk men. In fact, this is from my first post on the topic:
If a drunk guy convinces a drunk girl to have sex, she's the one being taken advantage of (even if it's a result of the guy's shitty judgment due to being drunk). Of course it works the other way too: if a drunk girl convinces a drunk guy to have sex, she could be the one accused of rape. Unfortunately (for misogynists), women don't tend to be as sex-obsessed as men are, so this doesn't happen as often.
I suppose I could also add than in cases where men are taken advantage of by women, they're less likely to give a shit after the fact (as shown by several posters here). Still, I wonder: If we replaced the fat girls in those stories with a bi-curious guy taking advantage of another guy while drunk, would it still be a cute little "unexpected handjob" story to share with your buddies?
No double standard here. I've never been on this "pedestal" you speak of. Get your head out of your ass and stop projecting your "white knight" stereotypes on shit I never actually said.

Tuco:
lol @ tanoomba's "If a drunken girl is responsible for consenting to sex without calling it rape, a drunken guy is responsible for taking rape charges for consenting to sex."
I never said "consenting to sex", I was talking about rape. (Despite dude's claim that he wasn't talking about actual rape, everything in the post I responded to indicated he was.) A girl is as responsible for her own rape as a guy is for being falsely accused of rape. One happens a LOT more often than the other, so a guy is still playing better odds, but it would be a double standard to blame a girl for drinking when she got raped but not a guy for drinking and getting falsely accused of rape.

Araysar and Ritley:
Tanoomba, so was this girl raped or what?
After seeing that video I wonder if Tan still thinks it was rape.
Again, from my first post:
Now, we don't know who initiated the box-munching. There's a lot we don't know about what happened here, so we should be a little more reserved about jumping to conclusions.
I never said she was raped. I never even defended this girl. I haven't seen the video, but even if I had I would not be comfortable making a judgment on whether or not either party was "raped" (although I would be leaning towards "neither" if I was pushed to make a call).
The reason I get involved with these discussions at all is because there's WAY too much of this shit going on every single time one of these stories comes out:
- Implication that innocent, sexually active men everywhere are at constant risk of being falsely accused of rape for no reason.
- Implication that FEMINISM is responsible for false rape claims.
- Implication that actual rape isn't a significantly more prevalent and harmful issue than false rape allegations.
- Defending the "right" of men to fuck drunk chicks and not have to face any consequences.
- Victimization of men. (Which is the most ironic, considering how much animosity there is towards "victimization" culture.)

Every single one of your posts hadalready been addressedin something I've said. This clearly illustrates how all of you would rather put me in the "white knight" box so you can pull out your tired "white knight" defenses you enjoy so much than actually read the words I'm writing. That's cool, it would honestly be foolish for me to expect otherwise from this crowd. Enjoy patting each other on the backs over winning an argumentyouprovided both sides for.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Oh he went to jail alright - Federal assrape jail too. Dude was a goaltender and tiny. Like 5'8. I bet he's having fun getting his shit pushed in forcefully. Fitting.

I totally disagree that Social/emotional coercion (especially while under the influences of drugs/alcohol) for the purposes of sexual intercourse is not rape, and to be perfectly honest, I'm not interested in convincing you otherwise. To me, that would be like taking time out of my day to convince someone that the sky is blue.

The existence of this video where she is enjoying herself is totally irrelevant. What if there was a similar video of my friend? She was DTF at an earlier point in the evening, but subsequent events changed that.

As soon as willingness is out of the picture, it's rape. Really not much argument about it.
In the box munching case, I'm pretty sure there was no 'subsequent event.' What happened in the video is what she is claiming was the rape.

Do you apply that logic to other areas in which people make a decision under pressure or while intoxicated? The reality is that no decision is made in a vacuum. Every choice is made with a degree of social/emotional coercion, but that doesn't invalidate the decision. You take into account the factors, weigh the outcome, and make your decision, that's how life works. As soon as you decide that any emotional or social influence can potentially make sex rape, every single sexual encounter becomes rape for both parties (or at least it would if feminists weren't so biased), because it's impossible to separate any decision from emotional and social influences, especially decisions about sex.

As soon as willingness is out of the picture, it's rape. Really not much argument about it.
There are a few problems with that though. Lack of willingness has to be communicated. If she's perfectly happy, and then suddenly changes her mind and wants to stop, but never bothers to actually do everything she can to make it stop, how is the guy supposed to know? Unless she actually says 'hey, stop,' then he's still extrapolating from her previous enjoyment and her lack of protest/resistance that she's continuing to consent. It's not reasonable to expect sex to pause every 30 seconds for both partners to verbally confirm that they're happy with what's happening, not to mention that women hate that kind of behavior in bed even more than men do.

That's what creates this whole grey area, you've got this sexual encounter where the girl goes along originally, and at no stage voices any complaint or physically resists, then how the fuck is a guy supposed to know that she's not willing? But too often women wake up, regret an encounter, and decide that it must have been rape because they're not happy about it the next morning.

Men can't read minds. That's why the only reasonable definition of rape is 'sex that takes place against physical resistance, during incapacitation (ie, unconscious to the degree where they're unable to voice complaint or offer resistance) or with a partner who's incapable of governing their own behavior and offering reasoned consent (children, mentally handicapped, etc).' Otherwise there's this entire gray area where the women might not be happy but never bothers to voice her unhappiness, but the man has no fucking idea and thinks he's just having regular sex.

If you don't want to consent to sexual activity, then fucking resist. Put up a fight. Say loudly and clearly 'I don't want this,' and do everything you can to stop it happening. That way if there's a genuine misunderstanding, the guy knows to stop, and if he is just an asshole rapist, then you at least stand a chance of getting away. Don't just lie there silently and take it. MEN CANNOT READ MINDS.

- Implication that innocent, sexually active men everywhere are at constant risk of being falsely accused of rape for no reason.
I don't know about constant, it's impossible to quantify, but it's regular enough that it's something men have to keep in mind whenever they engage in any sexual activity. And quite often even when they don't:
Astria Berwick: Woman jailed for lying to police that taxi driver had sexually assaulted her in his cab | Mail Online

- Implication that FEMINISM is responsible for false rape claims.
Feminism is responsible for broadening the definition of rape into something so ambiguous that many sexual encounters which would otherwise be seen as consenting would qualify, and the social attitudes engendered or continued in large part by feminism, wherein men are seen as aggressive, violent oppressors and women are seen as passive, helpless, perpetually innocent victims, are at least partly a contributing factor towards a culture in which there's very little burden of proof for lodging rape claims and a villification of men who are accused of rape, no matter the actual facts of the case.

- Implication that actual rape isn't a significantly more prevalent and harmful issue than false rape allegations.
This one is impossible to say. but feminism is in large part responsible for the ideological bias which has twisted the statistics and made quantifying and comparing the occurrence of these events impossible.

- Defending the "right" of men to fuck drunk chicks and not have to face any consequences.
As long as she wasn't incapacitated and she was willing, then there should be no consequences, because he hasn't done anything wrong. Women are adults just like men, which means they're responsible for the decisions they make, even those made after they choose to ingest alcohol or drugs.

- Victimization of men. (Which is the most ironic, considering how much animosity there is towards "victimization" culture.)
I wouldn't say victimization, but certainly vilification. The best description of feminism I've ever heard is that it treats men like monsters and women like overgrown children.

(Despite dude's claim that he wasn't talking about actual rape, everything in the post I responded to indicated he was.)
Assuming you're referring to my post: Gofuck yourself. At no stage did I ever state or imply that rape victims are responsible for being raped. I'd ask you to point out any quotes from my post which support your claims, but we both know that there are none and that you're just twisting my words to suite your agenda. Seriously, go fuck yourself.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
I
Do you apply that logic to other areas in which people make a decision under pressure or while intoxicated? The reality is that no decision is made in a vacuum. Every choice is made with a degree of social/emotional coercion, but that doesn't invalidate the decision. You take into account the factors, weigh the outcome, and make your decision, that's how life works. As soon as you decide that any emotional or social influence can potentially make sex rape, every single sexual encounter becomes rape for both parties (or at least it would if feminists weren't so biased), because it's impossible to separate any decision from emotional and social influences, especially decisions about sex.
goddamn.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Azrayne:

What is making you 'pretty sure'? That sensationalist news report? Or do you know the individuals in question?

No, I do not apply my coercion standards to every situation. I do, however, apply it to situations where someone is clearly getting taken advantage of based on said coercion. For example, a phony door to door salesman targeting widowers, then robbing them blind via trickery. Influence does not equal coercion.

Agreed. Willingness does need to be communicated. However, lack of willingness, does not. When someone is being coerced, they may not be able to communicate their lack of willingness. That's the whole point.

Azrayne

What is making you 'pretty sure'? That sensationalist news report? Or do you know the individuals in question?
No, I don't know the individuals in question, but there are plenty of other similar cases I could google up, it's certainly not a once off.

No, I do not apply my coercion standards to every situation. I do, however, apply it to situations where someone is clearly getting taken advantage of based on said coercion. For example, a phony door to door salesman targeting widowers, then robbing them blind via trickery. Influence does not equal coercion.
Who decides whether someone is 'clearly getting taken advantage of' though, in the case of something as blurry and emotionally involved as sex? Something where the only evidence usually comes from the two parties most intensely involved? Like I said, if you don't set hard and fast definitions, then every sexual encounter becomes rape, especially with the well demonstrated human capacity for selective memory.

Agreed. Willingness does need to be communicated. However, lack of willingness, does not. When someone is being coerced, they may not be able to communicate their lack of willingness. That's the
Communicating their lack of willingness is their responsibility. If you don't want something to happen, it's up to you to do what you can to make sure it doesn't. I'm not saying that women who decide they're not happy with the sexual situation they're in should go all 'Uma Therman in Kill Bill,' but if they never even bother to say 'hey, not cool with this,' to set clear boundries, how the hell is the guy supposed to know she's not still consenting? In his head, he's having sex with a girl who's never once voiced the tiniest complaint about what's going on, how the hell is he supposed to know that she's going to wake up the next morning and decide she was raped?

As I said, it's completely unreasonable to expect men to pause in sex every seconds to say 'you want me to keep thrusting my penis in your vagina? Do you officially consent to continued thrusting?' And nobody, not even the most ardent feminist, wants to live in a world where that is the norm (if you doubt this, spend some time on feminists websites, every few months they seem to publish a 'I know he's being the perfect modern feminists dude, but I hate how much of a pussy my boyfriend is' article.. talk about hypocrisy*).

And just as an aside, those social/emotional influences, they go both ways. It's not a coincidence that box munch girl decided to accuse the dude of rapeafterthe videos leaked on the internet.

*Here's an example, a woman who talks about how much she loves dating russian men, not despite but because of the way they ignore all the feminist PC bullshit and act in a masculine manner, and how much it turns her on, then she goes out of her way to point out how pussified western men are in comparison and how much it turns her off.I love (and hate) dating Russian men - Salon.com"The macho guys from my home country leave me torn between my feminist beliefs and my sexual desires "

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there anything to indicate otherwise? He's going by what's known of the case, you are making shit up. If it came out that after the camera stopped he dragged her by the hair into an alley and blackened both her eyes no one would have a bit of sympathy.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
Azrayne needs more pos.

Also, "rape" definition differs by countries. Sweden, believe it or not, has an astonishing rate of "rape." Julian Assange is a prime example.

broadening the definition has two effects.

1. it vilifies those who have not committed any malice.

2. it weakens and actually trivializes rape due to broadened application.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Az... Are you fucking serious?

A passed out drunk woman is incapable of saying 'no'. A woman who fears for her future social/economic/whatever safety may be incapable of saying 'no'... That does NOT mean she is giving consent.

You are killing me here, man...

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Is there anything to indicate otherwise? He's going by what's known of the case, you are making shit up. If it came out that after the camera stopped he dragged her by the hair into an alley and blackened both her eyes no one would have a bit of sympathy.
Sorry, where is it stated that she never rejected his advances off camera? I must have missed that information. Please point me to it if you could.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
Az... Are you fucking serious?

A passed out drunk woman is incapable of saying 'no'. A woman who fears for her future social/economic/whatever safety may be incapable of saying 'no'... That does NOT mean she is giving consent.

You are killing me here, man...
same goes to the drunk man. We could then argue that both are raping each other. Drunk man is incapable of saying "no." If he is incapable of saying no, he is also incapable of saying yes.

EDIT: oh, passed out. That's different. That's fucking rape. Problem is though, some people don't remember shit if they are drunk. Again, it's fucking nasty. Cases like this should be handled by police without any public involved.

Azrayne

Sorry, where is it stated that she never rejected his advances off camera? I must have missed that information. Please point me to it if you could.
You're misssing the point,there were no advances.She cut herself to make it looked like she'd been attacked, called the police, and claimed he'd sexually assaulted her, after she refused to pay the taxi fair. Once he finally convinced the police to check the recording (after they'd handcuffed him, stripped him, and thrown him in a cell for a day), she finally confessed that there had been no sexual activity at all, let alone sexual assault, and that she made the whole thing up to get out of paying her cab fair.

Here's another fun one:

Jail for Leanne Black who told rape lies against five of her ex-lovers | UK | News | Daily Express

Leanne Black, 32, escaped justice for almost a decade as she cried rape against five former partners after they had upset her.

Her partners were arrested and could have been jailed for five years if convicted.

Black's most recent claim was in March this year after a bust-up with her boyfriend at their flat in Cwmbran, South Wales.

He had called police after she flew into a rage and hurled plates at him. But when officers arrived, she accused him of rape and he was arrested.

Then Black's record of rape allegations came to light and yesterday she was jailed after she admitted perverting the course of justice in the latest case.

David Wooler, prosecuting, told Newport Crown Court: "When she was questioned by police she told them her boyfriend had raped her while she slept.

"It was the most recent in a number of repeated false rape allegations against men since 2005."
Gareth Driscoll, defending, said that Black had entered an early guilty plea and had made a full and frank admission of the facts.

But Judge William Gaskell said Black's actions had made it more difficult for genuine rape victims to be believed.

He said: "Police have to take all allegations of rape very seriously. Women who make false allegations like you undermine the whole system and police investigations.

"It undermines the public's belief in the truth when allegations are truthfully made."

Black's past allegations included being kidnapped and drugged before being sexually attacked.

Inspector Rory Waring, of Gwent Police, said after the hearing: "This sentence should serve as a warning to anyone thinking of making false *allegations of rape.

"Cases like this cause distress to innocent people and distract officers from supporting real victims and prosecuting real offenders."
same goes to the drunk man. We could then argue that both are raping each other. Drunk man is incapable of saying "no." If he is incapable of saying no, he is also incapable of saying yes.
But, but, he has a penis, and is therefor in possession of all of the agency and capable of making rational decisions, while she has a vagina and is completely incapable of standing up for herself, expressing her own desires or controlling her own life, and thus whenever the two interact, even at an equal level of intoxication, everything that happens is his fault because she has no power and no control over her own life. He needs to direct her life and treat her like a delicate flower, otherwise something bad might happen because she's completely incapable of expressing her thoughts or desires.

God, the way feminism treats women is insultingly disgusting. At least they allow us men some level of control and agency over our own lives, even if they insist we only use it to rape and oppress poor innocent helpless women.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Wtf is your point? When did this become about men vs. women? I am talking about fucking rape, not women's rights. Men also need to give consent.

Are you trolling me?

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
Wtf is your point? When did this become about men vs. women? I am talking about fucking rape, not women's rights. Men also need to give consent.

Are you trolling me?
I am not saying women versus men. My point is that if drunk is a measure of lifting the burden of responsibility, it goes both ways. If that's the case, the entire argument is moot since it's either both rapes each other, or don't.

Azrayne

Are you trolling me?
What he's saying is that if they're equally drunk, they're equally responsible for their decisions. If she's not responsible for her decision to consent to sex, then why is he responsible for his decision to engage it? After all, you can't be implying that men are capable of making rational decisions under the effect of alcohol, while women aren't, that would be.... pretty sexist.