Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Hmmm I forgot the Mandalorian was playing Maxwell Lord. Everything is coming up Pedro Pascal these days

Caliane

blue monday in your trailer makes any movie automatically an 8/10

i don't understand how Steve Rogers Trevor is back, alternate universe? time travel? None of that really makes any sense, since its implied in Justice League that Wonder Woman has basically been gone for decades and Batman never says "hey remember that time in 1984 you and some rando guy saved the world from Oberyn Martell, the sand snake?" I assume of course there is an in movie explanation but its kinda weird.

Love the vibe though and Gal Gadot can do no wrong in my eyes

rumor/spoiler
The rock can grant wishes apparently, with a monkey's paw effect.

Diana accidently wishes him back. not sure on the bad part. Kristen Wiig(minerva) almost certainly wishes to be strong as Diana or something, and ends up The Cheetah. Max, "I wish people would just do as I ask."

my thoughts, unrelated to rumor^
I'm guessing Max Lord here is not the real villain. In comics he was A. a good guy for decades. B. has the power of mind control.
I'm thinking Max is just a rich guy, collecting cool/powerful shit. but mostly is on the level.

The rock is the Black Diamond/heart of Darkness maybe? Home of Eclipso.

Set in the 80's I would really want to make this canon with the Donner films. As if it were low key going on behind the scenes.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
rumor/spoiler

Diana accidently wishes him back. not sure on the bad part. Kristen Wiig(minerva) almost certainly wishes to be strong as Diana or something, and ends up The Cheetah. Max, "I wish people would just do as I ask."

I'm guessing Max Lord here is not the real villain. In comics he was A. a good guy for decades. B. has the power of mind control.
I'm thinking Max is just a rich guy, collecting cool/powerful shit. but mostly is on the level.

Set in the 80's I would really want to make this canon with the Donner films. As if it were low key going on behind the scenes.

I think your spoiler makes perfect sense, and would be a suitable explanation, and we can imagine how that ends and again is sad. Interesting!

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Am I the only one disappointed that they had to come up with a McGuffin or time travel or whatever to bring Chris Pine back into the movie?

Seems pretty fucking weak to me. Gadot can carry this movie on her own, why does she need her sidekick?? Lame.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Am I the only one disappointed that they had to come up with a McGuffin or time travel or whatever to bring Chris Pine back into the movie?

Seems pretty fucking weak to me. Gadot can carry this movie on her own, why does she need her sidekick?? Lame.
because women love him, they dont care about GG.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Did they reuse the mall from stranger things? I hope eclipse those comics were great, looks kinda meh but gg is hot and the first one was pretty good so I'l ll wait and see.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
rumor/spoiler

Max Lord is actually the main villain and Cheetah is the side piece. Hell he was one of the main villains in two of the Crisis events

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Good luck getting through to the end with your neck intact, Max

max.png

Wonder Woman hates necks.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Yes, you are the only one disappointed.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

They can do the whole stranger in a strange land thing, but now Chris Pine is the noob

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Good luck getting through to the end with your neck intact, Max

View attachment 236851

Wonder Woman hates necks.
I haven't read anything Wonder Woman in decades, but I've seen enough of the animated movies and stuff like Injustice to know that I absolutely love "ruthless" Wonder Woman. The Gal Gadot version of her isn't that, and I understand why, but I wish they would eventually go there. I was actually excited for a BRIEF moment about the new Wonder Woman comic series, where apparently she gets infected or some shit and starts wrecking faces, until I heard it was being written by whichever SJW cunt (can't remember if it was Wu or Sarkeesian or Quinn or whatever). The Wonder Woman I really like is basically what Superman was for those 5 minutes of JL where he kicked all their asses, except she's like that all the time. However, I still appreciate the GG version for what it is too, and enjoy it. This trailer looks good, and I will probably go see it in theaters.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I haven't read anything Wonder Woman in decades, but I've seen enough of the animated movies and stuff like Injustice to know that I absolutely love "ruthless" Wonder Woman. The Gal Gadot version of her isn't that, and I understand why, but I wish they would eventually go there. I was actually excited for a BRIEF moment about the new Wonder Woman comic series, where apparently she gets infected or some shit and starts wrecking faces, until I heard it was being written by whichever SJW cunt (can't remember if it was Wu or Sarkeesian or Quinn or whatever). The Wonder Woman I really like is basically what Superman was for those 5 minutes of JL where he kicked all their asses, except she's like that all the time. However, I still appreciate the GG version for what it is too, and enjoy it. This trailer looks good, and I will probably go see it in theaters.

So basically you're a fan of the Wonder Woman who brutally murders a pre-teen boy during Flashpoint lol

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
So basically you're a fan of the Wonder Woman who brutally murders a pre-teen boy during Flashpoint lol
I don't think I've ever seen that, but sure! As long as she's an equal opportunity murderess and doesn't discriminate.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't think I've ever seen that, but sure! As long as she's an equal opportunity murderess and doesn't discriminate.

Well she killed tens of millions of people before the movie starts and has a hand in the death of billions in the climax.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Well she killed tens of millions of people before the movie starts and has a hand in the death of billions in the climax.
<stopmypeniscanonlygetsoerect.jpg>

Which movie is this? You said Flashpoint, which I've seen if we're talking about the animated one from a couple years ago. You'd think I would remember that!

• 1Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
The trailer fell flat imo.
Going to skip the theatres.
What a shitty attempt to take WW to the next level via a sequel.

• 1Picard

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
<stopmypeniscanonlygetsoerect.jpg>

Which movie is this? You said Flashpoint, which I've seen if we're talking about the animated one from a couple years ago. You'd think I would remember that!

yeah the animated one. The Themiscyrans conquered the UK before the movie starts, and judging from the fact that the island looks like a post-apocalyptic wasteland, they weren't too friendly with the natives after the conquest. And her conflict with Aquaman is what leads to him setting off the Captain Atom superweapon which destroys a pretty big chunk of the world as Flash escapes back in time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
yeah the animated one. The Themiscyrans conquered the UK before the movie starts, and judging from the fact that the island looks like a post-apocalyptic wasteland, they weren't too friendly with the natives after the conquest. And her conflict with Aquaman is what leads to him setting off the Captain Atom superweapon which destroys a pretty big chunk of the world as Flash escapes back in time.

Destroys the whole world*

God that movie was amazing.

• 1Solidarity