Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Probably the saddest critique for this movie is if you’re going to go the cliche’d “wish” route, at least use a mechanic that allows you to invent story without the need for any logical cohesion to come up with something interesting.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Movie was fucking awful. Im not sure how I feel about pascal's performance.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I just remembered Hans Zimmer did the score for this movie, and while it had its high notes, was probably his worst to date. Shame.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
This movie was.... not good.

It was very kid-movie, but not the pixar style kid movie, but the kind where logic is irrelevant because 10 year olds don't care if the plot makes any sense.

The mall fight was like a home alone movie.

It's not even clear what the rules are with this dreamstone and it's *cough*4000 year old latin*cough*. It's portrayed as being actively malicious, but it actually seems like a pretty straight shooter as far as it goes, granting the wish the bearer intended regardless of it's wording ( as an aside - what the fuck was Pascal's first wish ?! even if it was a *nice* wish granting artifact that was straight up *begging* to get turned into a rock ). Trading for the thing you value you most sounds superficially evil, but logically should result in good overall results for greedy and selfish people. Wonderwoman apparently valuing her superpowers as the most important thing is a bit of a damning indictment of character though ;p
I was totally expecting him to turn into the stone, lol.

I don't see the wish deficit utilizing what the wisher values as their loss, but rather what Napi sees as value to take away. Which varied wildly. There wasn't a lot else you could take from her. Maybe make her old? Which they've done in several other iterations of her story, usually tied to the breaking of her lasso.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
What a nut salad of a movie.
The entire plot was just a stitled attempt to make Donald Trump look like a man that's willing to sacrifice everything for power.

At least the score was decent, but I personally rate WW's battle music from BvS as better.

Last edited:
  • 2Picard
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

I don't see the wish deficit utilizing what the wisher values as their loss, but rather what Napi sees as value to take away. Which varied wildly. There wasn't a lot else you could take from her. Maybe make her old? Which they've done in several other iterations of her story, usually tied to the breaking of her lasso.

was the aging with breaking the lasso tied to her being off the island? i seem to remember something like that being said

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
What a nut salad of a movie.
The entire plot was just a stitled attempt to make Donald Trump look like a man that's willing to sacrifice everything for power.

At least the score was decent, but I personally rate WW's battle music from Justice League as better.
the presidential seal was a nice touch. and they got to shit on Reagan too. they must have jacked themselves dry over that.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

The thing WW values most is her family. Mother, sisters aunts on Paradise island.

I haven't seen this. But, if it wasn't just taking away her powers, but instead making her human, so she can't return, would be a real curse to her.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The thing WW values most is her family. Mother, sisters aunts on Paradise island.

I haven't seen this. But, if it wasn't just taking away her powers, but instead making her human, so she can't return, would be a real curse to her.
It took away her powers as the side effect of the wish. The reason she gives up her wish is because she can't be a protector of humanity if she has no powers. The parable that the movie was showing is that Steve Trevor coming back was a "lie" and she needed to see the "truth" if she was going to be who she was meant to be.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Wait, as someone who doesn't understand jews, anti-jews, etc, please explain this tweet to me.
1. I have no idea how a tweet with like 75 total likes and retweets floats to the top of any discussion .
2. Gal's very pro Isreal and IDF posts tend to rub people you would assume are her fans the wrong way.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1. I have no idea how a tweet with like 75 total likes and retweets floats to the top of any discussion .
2. Gal's very pro Isreal and IDF posts tend to rub people you would assume are her fans the wrong way.
#FreePalestine in her bio is all you need to know.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Good thing I dont have to care about her politics to enjoy looking at her face.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
There’s a big difference between what we think of as ‘Jews’ and Israelis. I’d imagine real Jews look down on the American Jew, kinda like how Africans look at African Americans.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
they really shouldnt have had WW around during the cold war, they should have had her go back home and miss World War 2 and other wars. or actually, set the movie in World War 2 and she could help out with it. it would make more sense than this silliness. call it something like, i dunno, WW2.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users