Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Female Ghostbusters by several light years. At this this movie wasn't stupidly offensive, racist, sexist garbage. It just wasn't good from a structural point of view. It didn't make me hate the people in it, if anything I felt bad for them.

velk

Trakanon Raider
This movie was.... not good.

It was very kid-movie, but not the pixar style kid movie, but the kind where logic is irrelevant because 10 year olds don't care if the plot makes any sense.

The mall fight was like a home alone movie.

It's not even clear what the rules are with this dreamstone and it's *cough*4000 year old latin*cough*. It's portrayed as being actively malicious, but it actually seems like a pretty straight shooter as far as it goes, granting the wish the bearer intended regardless of it's wording ( as an aside - what the fuck was Pascal's first wish ?! even if it was a *nice* wish granting artifact that was straight up *begging* to get turned into a rock ). Trading for the thing you value you most sounds superficially evil, but logically should result in good overall results for greedy and selfish people. Wonderwoman apparently valuing her superpowers as the most important thing is a bit of a damning indictment of character though ;p

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My wife had an interesting take on it. She said "I thought they pulled off the 80's bad acting perfectly". It made me chuckle.

I also cant fathom Pedro Pascal. Dude can act. Did the director tell him to play the part like this over acting soap star? This villain would would have been perfect played low key and Pascal can do that. Its like the director told him on day 1 to pretend he is channeling Gary Oldman from Leon, the Professional but to do it as badly as possible. I cant imagine paying 20 bucks to have seen this in a theater. I wont blame it having a female director, because as long as Kathryn Bigelow is directing movies, females are capable of doing great work. This one just had a bad director.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Patty Jenkins directed the first movie though... she is clearly capable of making a good film. The overall plot device of this thing was just so weird as it tied into nothing else in the DCU and was not even consistent with itself (not to mention the world nearly ending in 1984 and no one remembers...)

The setting also made no damn sense. Stranger Things incorporates a lot of the 80s culture into the storyline in a way that makes it feel authentic. (Starcourt Mall being an excellent example). This movie really had nothing about it that needed to be 1984...it could have been set in modern day with no real change to the overall plot.

• 2Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I guess I suck at movies because I thought this was decent. Granted, it was way too long. I liked how the antagonists were sympathetic in their motivations.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

next day nit pick, she doesn't even need powers with the op lasso. while apparently having infinite range. it has crazy speed. to pull off the catch it would have to move in the 4-5k mph range. she could just go around poking everyone in the eye and they wouldn't know what happened.
1608994480866.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
Big sections of the movie are supposed to be 80s camp, like the mall scene is straight up a homage to the 70s Wonder Woman TV show I guess. But its weird because tonally the movie shifts drastically in the second half, and it never does 80s camp very well outside of the mall scene, even though they got some stuff wrong there - Operation Wolf in the arcade wasn't out till 1987, Rampage was shown but wasn't out until 1986.

The funniest thing about the movie is how liberals are reacting to it. Female star, female co-star, female writer, female director. Churning out all utter trash. There are also all kinds of funny political moments in it that are making people angry. WW saves 4 kids playing in the road from a rocket in Egypt. Israel killed 4 Palestinian kids playing on the beach with rockets a few years ago, and Gal Gadot has served in the IDF and been a vocal supporter. Chris Pine takes over someones body and nobody bats an eye about it. Egypt Trump wishes for a giant wall to keep out immigrants lol

• 2Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Not even three blunts could salvage this one for me. That mall scene felt straight out of the A-Team. Chick I was watching this with noted that the movie feels like it was filmed during the 80’s more than it looked like it was actually the 80’s. The Superman style flight scenes were epic cringe.

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Is Gal hot in it? Can I fap to this? Only thing that matters.

• 1Solidarity

Goatface

Chris Pine takes over someones body and nobody bats an eye about it.
i thought it was going to be a Heaven Can Wait scenario (man dies and spirit moves in), but no it was just fuck this rando.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Big sections of the movie are supposed to be 80s camp, like the mall scene is straight up a homage to the 70s Wonder Woman TV show I guess. But its weird because tonally the movie shifts drastically in the second half, and it never does 80s camp very well outside of the mall scene, even though they got some stuff wrong there - Operation Wolf in the arcade wasn't out till 1987, Rampage was shown but wasn't out until 1986.
And the CEO had a Commodore PET which is circa late 70s, VERY early 80s. An IBM XT would have been more appropriate.

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Whoever decided they had to turn up the Lasso to 11 should be fired. They over compensated for ditching the sword and shield.

• 2Like