Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Man of Steel is a great movie, it just fucked Superman over and turned Pa Kent into a fucking asshole.. the movie itself is very well done.
The part with Pa Kent is the weakest point of the whole thing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Much less I spent entirely too long trying to figure out if the bitch is flying or falling for way too long.

So first of all, all flying is falling. Second, I was bothered by her flying at first too because I can't remember her ever flying in previous iterations. That's why she had the invisible jet. Third, it's comic book physics. You either accept them or find different movies to watch. If you have a problem with her flying but not superman then the problem is with you. I finally relaxed and accepted it when she was lassoing the lighting bolts. Don't forget she's an actual fucking Goddess.

The invisible jet was awesome but I think they've decided it can't be used regularly for obvious reasons. She will probably have to steal a new jet each time.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

I don’t have a problem with Wonder Woman flying but it was definitely inconsistent with her powers as shown previously and also had no story of the evolution of the power. It was bad enough that someone that knows fuck all about comic books called it out for just simple inconsistency within the movie and her other movie.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
She flew in her other movie though. Like she levitated up off the ground while she was blasting ares with her pussy ray or whatever. So that just means you don't remember the previous movie very well.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Jenkins said recently shw wouldn't have time for WW 3 til after Rogue Squadron. Which is like 2023. So maybe 4 years from now we'll get the next one?

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
She flew in her other movie though. Like she levitated up off the ground while she was blasting ares with her pussy ray or whatever. So that just means you don't remember the previous movie very well.

Honestly it could be debated it was a slow motion jump. Either way I don’t give a fuck, 1984 was garbage. 2017 was phenomenal.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Honestly it could be debated it was a slow motion jump.

Thanks for finding the scene. I don't remember a debate. I just remember being bothered by it at first because WW can't fly. Then i remembered she's a goddess and stopped being bothered.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
but its being fast tracked?
Indiferencia Shrug GIF

• 1Like

Caeden

Honestly it could be debated it was a slow motion jump. Either way I don’t give a fuck, 1984 was garbage. 2017 was phenomenal.
Yep. I saw that as a jump imbued with god shit. Besides I thought bringing in the invisible jet was to solve that.

my guess is a new director. And that could be good. Or it could be Brett Ratner.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I like how at the end the dude doesn't know she fucked him while he was unconscious

• 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
they really shouldnt have had WW around during the cold war, they should have had her go back home and miss World War 2 and other wars. or actually, set the movie in World War 2 and she could help out with it. it would make more sense than this silliness. call it something like, i dunno, WW2.

I agree with the first part you said. I think it's a lot of the reason people are seeing imaginary boogeymen. As for the second part, I'm not sure if your issue is with the wish granting mechanic or if you think mass wish granting couldn't turn out that way.

One of the things that bothered me was the Monkey Paw reference. They said it and then everyone was like "Oh yeah OK". But in 1984 was that story that well known? Maybe I was just too young in 1984 but I'd never heard of it until the movie in 2000s. Apparently there were movies in the 30s and 40s which would have been too late for Trevor to know about.
The original story was written such that the parents were wishing for their son who had been killed in the Boer War(?) would return, IIRC. So it was an old known story at that point, I believe.

Edit: Published in 1902, the subject of tons of treatments and remakes in various media, son isn't a soldier but friend of son who brings Monkey's Paw to house is.
The Monkey's Paw - Wikipedia

I thought the original WW was surprisingly good, waaaay better than Captain Bitchface Girrrrlpower. I also thought Aquaman was surprisingly good. Will have to go ahead and setup HBO Max now that they have a deal with Roku and watch this.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Removed the ridiculous parts surrounding getting in the jet (oh we have a fueled up jet sitting in the smithsonian that can fly to egypt), and the stupid invisible jet part
Wait a minute, so that jet they got into was supposed to be a display piece at the Smithsonian?

• 1Mother of God

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I specifically remember asking when I was a child, like less than 10 years old, why Wonder Woman has a jet instead of just flying everywhere. The answer? Batman can't fly.

The flying in this movie was purely fan fare for Christopher Reeve. They made her fly just as awkwardly as he did. Superman in Man of Steel was light-years ahead of this, which made it even more awkward and out of touch, out of place.

Screenshot_20201227-155440_Chrome.png

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Thats some SW "I bypassed the compressor" levels of retardation.

• 1Like