Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Wait a minute, so that jet they got into was supposed to be a display piece at the Smithsonian?

Yes! It sure looks that way. He mentions being able to fly the plane directly, so they ride somewhere, she flashes her Smithsonian ID badge to open the doors, there are some displays of planes, then magically there are a handful of planes on a runway that she lets him choose, and they get in the fighter jet, which apparently is not even a real one it's some hybrid F-111 or something (I don't know planes so I'm sure I'm about to be corrected), and then he refers to the plane as a jet, which wouldn't have existed, then magically starts it up and flies it. And retardedly the air tower sees a plane moving on the runway via radar - which is so fucking stupid - and starts saying "illegal takeoff!" lol.

Edit: I just watched the part again. They pull up to “Kote (??) Smithsonian Archives” building to get the plane - LOL. Then magically there is a whole runway there.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you have a problem with her flying but not superman then the problem is with you.
This seems to be the common rebuttal when anyone asks questions about women or people of color and its so f'n annoying. Asking about it was neither a shot at women saying that they arent "good enough to fly" or correcting some BS super hero lore - but that it was either poorly shot, poorly implemented or the point that they were trying to get across was awkward.

• 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I feel like Man of Steel gets lumped in with the real bad shit DC has done unfairly. It's at least a cohesive and coherent movie. It might shit on the Superman Mythos but it's at least a movie that progresses logically.
Also had a super rad intro sequence.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
And Faora.
Yeah, she was hot, and Amy Adams was hot, and it hit all the right emotional notes for a movie, but didn't really have much of a plot.

Main thing about the movie is a bunch of the fight sequences dragged on too long.

• 1Like

Goatface

wiki says the jet was a modified Panavia Tornado, could not find one with side by side seating. Cockpit looks like that from F-111
Base Range 860 miles, with underwing fuel tanks 2650 miles
dc to cairo is 5,815 miles, so they would have to refuel twice. but plane is magical now, so maybe better mpg. also Smithsonian does kept a certain number of plane fight ready, but not fueled. supposedly a jet not on standby would take 15+mins to warm up and be ready for flight.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, she was hot, and Amy Adams was hot, and it hit all the right emotional notes for a movie, but didn't really have much of a plot.

Main thing about the movie is a bunch of the fight sequences dragged on too long.
A good death is it's own reward.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Man of Steel is a great movie, it just fucked Superman over and turned Pa Kent into a fucking asshole.. the movie itself is very well done.
It was ok. Batman vs Superman was a tragic mess though. I laughed out loud when they suddenly stopped beating the shit out of each other because their mothers have the same name. Superman the detroyer of Gotham and Threat to Mankind became handjob buddy in one second because of a name.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Man of Steel has plenty of warts but my main point was as a story in context it actually makes some sense. Like it's an actual movie that tells an actual story instead of just being some disjointed mess. I also enjoyed how they handled Kryptonian melee combat. Much better than most superhero movies.

Grivyn

Molten Core Raider
One of the bigger plot holes is that PedroGenie go out of his way to mention you can only wish once, but Witt first wishes to be like Diana, then later wishes again to be an Apex predator hence we get the furries wet dream on screen.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
God damnit Hollywood - watched this today going in blind, as I kinda liked the first one (thought it was a solid 6.5/7 out of 10).... what a fucking waste of time (thankfully not $$). This was like a made for tv movie that was at least an hour too long and written by film school drop outs.

At this point, I'd be 100% fine with Hollywood going completely under

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Screamfeeder Screamfeeder please translate for us?
I could, yeah. It would require an understanding of historical context, sectarian division and the basic knowledge of the word nuance, but I absolutely could.

I'm not going to with this crowd however.

Movie was...fine.

• 1Great Review
  • 1Solidarity

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I could, yeah. It would require an understanding of historical context, sectarian division and the basic knowledge of the word nuance, but I absolutely could.

I'm not going to with this crowd however.

Movie was...fine.
Seth Meyers Ok GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

...or
This Is Fine GIF

...or
If You Say So Whatever GIF

?

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

One of the bigger plot holes is that PedroGenie go out of his way to mention you can only wish once, but Witt first wishes to be like Diana, then later wishes again to be an Apex predator hence we get the furries wet dream on screen.
The biggest plot hole ever is not wishing for more genies.

• 1Worf

Daidraco

I caught that too, but she supposedly reverses her wish on the plane during that conversation. Several parts of the movie just expect you to fill in a lot of stuff on your own. The stuff it does explain is done so in 5 words or less and you can miss it or it never explains it at all. I just think its nutty that you cant criticize this movie anywhere without people thinking you're being anti-girl power or something.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I caught that too, but she supposedly reverses her wish on the plane during that conversation. Several parts of the movie just expect you to fill in a lot of stuff on your own. The stuff it does explain is done so in 5 words or less and you can miss it or it never explains it at all. I just think its nutty that you cant criticize this movie anywhere without people thinking you're being anti-girl power or something.
thats why we have this board. btw not only was this a shitty "woke" movie, this was a shitty girl power movie too. they didnt execute any narrative effectively other than the narrative that this movie sucked and was way too long. they did that exceptionally well. i wonder how bad this movie was before they drastically reshot parts of it.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like