Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Time for a DCEU list!

1. Wonder Woman (not that it's particularly good, it's just that most of this list is dogshit, if it were a MCU movie it'd be around Thor2/IM2 range, which is bottom tier, but better than Captain Marvel at least?)
2. Shazam (Pretty dumb but fun movie)
3. Man of Steel (also not great but at least it's a coherent movie and did superhero combat in a way that I thought was very interesting. Also Faora.)
4. Aquaman (This was bad, but not as bad as what's upcoming)
Tied for 5th. Basically everything else (It's all shit, 1984 included)
Last. Catwoman. (Unlikely to ever lose this spot!)
Catwoman is DCEU? ok well the all time bests are Superman, Superman 2, Batman 89 and Batman Dark Knight.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Do you mean monkeypaw? Because that's not what monkeypaw was. This wish totem took your most precious thing as payment. The Monkeypaw just corrupted your wish.
It didn't even take the most precious thing, just what Napi wanted. He took the leader's oil, or when they didn't have any, his security detail. Or in the case of the President, mirrored his influence and power. Yeah, it's a bit wishy washy.

Sterling

El Presidente
Catwoman is DCEU? ok well the all time bests are Superman, Superman 2, Batman 89 and Batman Dark Knight.
It's obviously not part of the DCEU. It got put on the list because of a variety of full on retard posts in various DC related threads.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's obviously not part of the DCEU. It got put on the list because of a variety of full on retard posts in various DC related threads.
was gonna say, nobody wants to admit catwoman ever happened. sort of like Marvel pretends Ed Norton Hulk never happened.

Sterling

El Presidente
Ed Norton Hulk isn't great, but it'd be up around the top of the DCEU list.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
All I could think about for over 2 days is how I was supposed to see this on HBO Max which I get for free for having ATT which was down due to CIA/FBI blowing up empty buildings only to finally see it 3 days late and feel that kick in the gut like when I was dumped for the first time back in high school 35 years earlier.

What a ride.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
This movie was decent, it was actually better than it should have been considering wonder woman is kinda bad hero with stupid powers, if you put iron man in this movie and kept the plot and writing basically the same people would think it was top tier imo. An extra 5 minutes explaining the mechanics of the wish thing would have been good but hardly a deal breaker.

Agree, the CGI was also C tier made for TV in a lot of cases, the shit in the desert road scene with the kids looked like something out of the original tobey maquire spider man, and it was hardly the only scene that was little jarring for it's low quality.

• 1Direct to DVD
  • 1Picard

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It didn't even take the most precious thing, just what Napi wanted. He took the leader's oil, or when they didn't have any, his security detail. Or in the case of the President, mirrored his influence and power. Yeah, it's a bit wishy washy.

OK, what napi wanted. But it wasn't sentient so it wasn't taking things with any sort of purpose other than to hurt the wisher. Once lord made his wish he got to pick the price. Doesn't seem wishy washy to me.

gak

<Gold Donor>
wait til you hear the woman who directed this is also directing a Star Wars movie.
v.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I was shocked how bad this was after really enjoying the first one.

“wishes?” Fuck right off.
The ending with that dudes kid was beyond stupid.
Lasso was so stupid

I did like Kirsten Wigg however.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
fell asleep part way through, may finish it someday.

The lasso shit is so fucking dumb. I cant think of an appropriate analogy, any other superhero where their signature thing was done so badly. Its like if they did a spider man movie but made the web shooters somehow so gay that every time spiderman shoots a web, the audience cringes. Its like if they made a flash movie where every time the flash runs fast, the audience cringes.

Shes hot but what a dumb movie.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did he also wish to "become the stone"? I want to hear exactly what he said but not bad enough to actually fire the movie back up and find out. I do remember when he said the words in the movie I immediately thought that any tricky wish stone is going to say "ok mofo, you want to become the stone then here you go..." but that probably wouldn't have worked out so well for the remaining 2 hours of movie runtime.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
fell asleep part way through, may finish it someday.

The lasso shit is so fucking dumb. I cant think of an appropriate analogy, any other superhero where their signature thing was done so badly. Its like if they did a spider man movie but made the web shooters somehow so gay that every time spiderman shoots a web, the audience cringes. Its like if they made a flash movie where every time the flash runs fast, the audience cringes.

Shes hot but what a dumb movie.
You mean like ice skating Flash?

CourteousKnobbyKatydid-max-14mb.gif

• 3Worf
  • 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
You mean like ice skating Flash?

View attachment 325906
lol yup thats pretty bad. I cant think of anything good about that version of the flash. His suit looks like a goddam robot. And his legs move like they arent attached like normal human legs.

dunno why effects studios always think superspeed needs sparklies. I don't recall a lot of sparklies in the best super speed scene of all time

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users