Goatface

1609294230550.png

outside chance now that it could end up rotten

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Honest question...

When watching WW... I ask myself, have I ever seen a woman this beautiful, tall, stunning in real life? Like interacted with her. I can think of a few women that like were truly beautiful and just stunning, but were they equal to Gal Gadot? And I don't think so.

PS I know this is a douche cringe question... But like there are certain women, that like they walk in and everyone just gets flustered by them, men, women, everyone. Gal is one.

• 1Barf

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Everyone seems quick to judge Patty Jenkins for making this movie shit. But honestly, how can we put all the blame on her considering pretty much every other DCEU movie has been trash as well.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Essentially she's a competent director who also thought she was a good writer...and she's not. She's a bad writer. And this movie is the embodiment of that. Hot fucking garbage writing. Even the dialogue is so god damn cringe..."Have you ever been in love?" (She asks on a lunch break with a work colleague she JUST met 5 minutes ago..lol)

Her other writing credit is Monster, a movie considered one of the best of the previous decade, so I wonder how much bad dialogue is up to Geoff Johns, who I am pretty sure bears equal weight on the original script for the movie.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Her other writing credit is Monster, a movie considered one of the best of the previous decade, so I wonder how much bad dialogue is up to Geoff Johns, who I am pretty sure bears equal weight on the original script for the movie.
Johns has a pretty decent writing career with DC. this was his first movie writing credit. maybe he sucks at movies, i'll give Jenkins a slight pass on the writing for this, but whatever was her input or his. the result was shit and Jenkins is responsible for this bloated ass movie.
One of the first things we learned from Jenkins was what the potential Wonder Woman 1984 runtime would be. Typically the first cut is much longer than the final cut but, in the case of a movie like this one — a big tentpole superhero pic, to be exact — the first cut's runtime might be more in the ballpark than we think. According to Jenkins, "The first cut was 2 hours and 45 so it wasn't like 3 hours and a half — I'm not that kind of filmmaker."

"We're done. The movie is done. Because it doesn't come out for a few months, for the first time in my career, which is so great, I was able to say, ‘Hey guys, can you let me fiddle with this? Can you let me fiddle with that?’ So I'm fiddling but the movie is technically done."

"I'm actually sitting around. [Usually] you just end and you're done. This time I'm actually sitting around and saying, ‘What if I can do a different version of that shot? Can I try a different one?’ It’s incredible. I'm sitting in an editing room right now playing and seeing if I can pitch back something that I like better. That's incredible. I've never gotten to do that in my life. And if we don't change anything, we don't change anything. But if we find something we like then we'll do that. You know? It's pretty incredible. Yeah, we're psyched."

"Everybody always wants you to make it shorter. So I have an idea and I'm like, ‘Maybe it would make it shorter.’ So anyway, we're not going to officially say yet. However, it's in a good territory. But it was interesting that so many scenes that we set out to shoot, then something great would happen and then we would expand upon it. Some things that were written to be very small, little moments turned into 'but that's so awesome!’ [moments]. So it's hard when you end up with that situation. The movie is exactly the same movie. Almost nothing has changed since the first cut except for trying to tighten and music and changing those things."

maybe she was more interested in getting her paycheck

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you're twice as good you get paid 4x as much but if the movie is crap you get paid a fraction.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Honestly, I’ve always wondered how these supposedly talented people can watch these movies in the editing room and think it’s good. Like how could Jenkins sit through WW84 and not know it was a huge turd?

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Honestly, I’ve always wondered how these supposedly talented people can watch these movies in the editing room and think it’s good. Like how could Jenkins sit through WW84 and not know it was a huge turd?
a lot of people arent very critical of their own work. at least not publicly. some actors wont even watch themselves in their own movies because they dont want to find flaws with their performances.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Not good for your career to shit all over a movie someone just handed you a tens to hundreds of millions to make. Its all very self serving.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Honest question...

When watching WW... I ask myself, have I ever seen a woman this beautiful, tall, stunning in real life? Like interacted with her. I can think of a few women that like were truly beautiful and just stunning, but were they equal to Gal Gadot? And I don't think so.

PS I know this is a douche cringe question... But like there are certain women, that like they walk in and everyone just gets flustered by them, men, women, everyone. Gal is one.
Jesus fucking christ, yes she is hot but dude come on your simp is showing.

• 1Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Looks like I didn't hate this movie as much as most people. It wasn't good, but it had good parts about it. There are some nice ideas buried under the mess. I really enjoyed the Max Lord character, it is really refreshing to have the major villain of an A Tier superhero movie not be either a clone or some gigantic monster that wants to smash everything. And yes I'm pretending Cheetah didn't happen.

Goatface

think a couple were asking about the sword and shield

The Amazon warrior clearly doesn't get rid of those weapons as they're used in her present day adventures, but it appears not having them factor into this sequel was a deliberate creative decision (rather than them being forgotten about or retconned out of existence for some unknown reason).
"This is part of the reason why we decided that she shouldn’t have a sword or a shield. Diana is not aggressive," Gal Gadot explains in an interview with JoBlo. "She’s not there to fight. She’s a peacemaker. She also has the higher understanding that people are not bad per se, you know?"
"She assumes the best out of people, and her default is always to protect them and she leads by example,"
the actress continues. "For her, humankind, they’ll get it, they’ll understand it eventually, but she will always do and give whatever she has in order to bring goodness to humankind."
In the same interview, Jenkins adds to Gadot's points, explaining, "and not one person dies in the whole movie. You may or may not notice, but we went out of our way, because if all these people were under the power of something else, then it’s not their fault. I loved dealing with that. It’s not their fault that they’re attacking you, so it became hilariously entertaining."

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

The Amazon warrior clearly doesn't get rid of those weapons as they're used in her present day adventures, but it appears not having them factor into this sequel was a deliberate creative decision (rather than them being forgotten about or retconned out of existence for some unknown reason).
"This is part of the reason why we decided that she shouldn’t have a sword or a shield. Diana is not aggressive," Gal Gadot explains in an interview with JoBlo. "She’s not there to fight. She’s a peacemaker. She also has the higher understanding that people are not bad per se, you know?"
"She assumes the best out of people, and her default is always to protect them and she leads by example,"
the actress continues. "For her, humankind, they’ll get it, they’ll understand it eventually, but she will always do and give whatever she has in order to bring goodness to humankind."
In the same interview, Jenkins adds to Gadot's points, explaining, "and not one person dies in the whole movie. You may or may not notice, but we went out of our way, because if all these people were under the power of something else, then it’s not their fault. I loved dealing with that. It’s not their fault that they’re attacking you, so it became hilariously entertaining."
yep, i noticed those things. shields are aggressive? no sword or shield against cheetah meant cheetah could kick her ass. nobody dies means why bother? good call Jenkins.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

And people are still going to happily shovel money into Disney's vaults for Star Wars Rogue Squadron.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
yep, i noticed those things. shields are aggressive? no sword or shield against cheetah meant cheetah could kick her ass. nobody dies means why bother? good call Jenkins.

Honestly, between Catwoman, Cats, Garfield, etc, how can they not know a CGI cat is retarded.

Diana Prince is a warrior. She’s trained her entire life in combat and literally stands toe to toe with gods and battles them. The idea she would give up her sword and shield is retarded. Especially if she’s taking the “strongest armor ever made” to go fight someone. It’s just insane.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Honestly, between Catwoman, Cats, Garfield, etc, how can they not know a CGI cat is retarded.

Diana Prince is a warrior. She’s trained her entire life in combat and literally stands toe to toe with gods and battles them. The idea she would give up her sword and shield is retarded. Especially if she’s taking the “strongest armor ever made” to go fight someone. It’s just insane.
It's the typical depower trope. It's literally done to ever superhero movie. If full power wonderwoman with her sword and shield took on cheetah, there would be pussyburgers all over the place.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Better question is if she can outrun random cars/trucks, why the hell did she even need a rocket to get in front of them?

By that point in the movie she was losing her powers.

• 1Like