Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
i am doubting she ends up directing WW3

Reflecting on those early conversations with Warner Bros., Jenkins said: "They wanted to hire me like a beard; they wanted me to walk around on set as a woman, but it was their story and their vision. And my ideas? They didn’t even want to read my script. There was such mistrust of a different way of doing things and a different point of view."
"Even when I first joined ‘Wonder Woman’ it was like, ‘Uhh, yeah, OK, but let’s do it this other way.’ But I was like, ‘Women don’t want to see that. Her being harsh and tough and cutting people’s heads off. I’m a ‘Wonder Woman’ fan, that’s not what we’re looking for.’ Still, I could feel that shaky nervousness [on their part] of my point of view."

Adding that she believes the studio was "freaked out" by the female superhero movies that had failed in the past, Jenkins reveals that the project had been through so many iterations that there were at least 30 different screenplays written and considered over the years.
The filmmaker concludes by describing the situation as, "an internal war on every level about what ‘Wonder Woman’ should be."

Well thank god that the didn't trust Jenkins for the first one. This second one was fucking dog shit.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I mean... what female superhero movies have been good? Supergirl was gutter trash, Catwoman wasn't even really a superhero movie also bottom barrel trash where they showed that "fashion" couldn't drive a narrative, Elektraahaahahahaha, and I guess you could include New Mutants as it was mostly "women". Man, so much garbage, no wonder they shy away from female lead shit. You also have Harley Quinn and Captain Marvel, both trash. Google searches that pull up actually good movies, aren't really lead by a female, like Kick-Ass.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I mean... what female superhero movies have been good? Supergirl was gutter trash, Catwoman wasn't even really a superhero movie also bottom barrel trash where they showed that "fashion" couldn't drive a narrative, Elektraahaahahahaha, and I guess you could include New Mutants as it was mostly "women". Man, so much garbage, no wonder they shy away from female lead shit. You also have Harley Quinn and Captain Marvel, both trash. Google searches that pull up actually good movies, aren't really lead by a female, like Kick-Ass.
giphy.gif

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
GG can not act to save her life, so every scene that relied on her delivering the emotional punch was very monotone and badly delivered.

The worst part for me was when she was giving up the love of her life and she could not even look into his eyes as she killed him.... da fuq.. .

What a missed opportunity... She should have stayed and look into his eyes and renounce her wish while crying, then Pine's body falls to the group unconscious, then pan to the original's owner body and then she can start running, angry and sad..

But there is no chance that GG could act that, watching her love die in her hands, so I guess running it is.

The villains are actually relatable people with virtues and flaws, that part I liked.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
GG can not act to save her life, so every scene that relied on her delivering the emotional punch was very monotone and badly delivered.

The worst part for me was when she was giving up the love of her life and she could not even look into his eyes as she killed him.... da fuq.. .

What a missed opportunity... She should have stayed and look into his eyes and renounce her wish while crying, then Pine's body falls to the group unconscious, then pan to the original's owner body and then she can start running, angry and sad..

But there is no chance that GG could act that, watching her love die in her hands, so I guess running it is.

The villains are actually relatable people with virtues and flaws, that part I liked.

Agree, and not only that, he dies, she gets her powers back immediately, then she learns to go fly. Yes I know there’s some relation there to Steve bc “flying” but it’s so stupid. She doesn’t even look sad for more than six steps.

It would be like both your parents dying, you were then immediately handed a check for your inheritance, and you bring that check straight to the Porsche dealership and sign it over.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Agree, and not only that, he dies, she gets her powers back immediately, then she learns to go fly. Yes I know there’s some relation there to Steve bc “flying” but it’s so stupid. She doesn’t even look sad for more than six steps.

It would be like both your parents dying, you were then immediately handed a check for your inheritance, and you bring that check straight to the Porsche dealership and sign it over.

Change it to Ferrari and that'd be me!

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>

It is ok. She did lose her coffee mug. I think it has a lot to do with her actual English fluency. She just doesn't sound like a normal speaker. Either that or her voice has no inflection whatsoever.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
She only sounds correct when she's confident and optimistic. Which is perfect for the persona of WW. Wonder Woman has never been sad or down. Even in those moments where her lasso was freshly broken and she ages a thousand years, she's still as stern and empowered and confident as ever. It feels funny typing this, but don't emasculate her. I tried to Google a picture of Wonder Woman crying from the comics, and the best I could find is an image where she has one tear and the other she's crying fucking blood...

Fucker

Log Wizard
i am doubting she ends up directing WW3

Reflecting on those early conversations with Warner Bros., Jenkins said: "They wanted to hire me like a beard; they wanted me to walk around on set as a woman, but it was their story and their vision. And my ideas? They didn’t even want to read my script. There was such mistrust of a different way of doing things and a different point of view."
"Even when I first joined ‘Wonder Woman’ it was like, ‘Uhh, yeah, OK, but let’s do it this other way.’ But I was like, ‘Women don’t want to see that. Her being harsh and tough and cutting people’s heads off. I’m a ‘Wonder Woman’ fan, that’s not what we’re looking for.’ Still, I could feel that shaky nervousness [on their part] of my point of view."

Adding that she believes the studio was "freaked out" by the female superhero movies that had failed in the past, Jenkins reveals that the project had been through so many iterations that there were at least 30 different screenplays written and considered over the years.
The filmmaker concludes by describing the situation as, "an internal war on every level about what ‘Wonder Woman’ should be."
She's blaming everyone but herself.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
The funny thing is, there are great female led movies...The Alien Franchise, Silence of the Lambs, 9 to 5, Silkwood, Steel Magnolias etc etc
Just never has been a great female Superhero female led movie. Hopefully Black Widow kicks ass but im looking for it to be just a bit above 2017 WW (Mediocre at best)

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This was worse than Avatar The Last Airbender. Like I can't believe how bad this was. I never thought anything could make me walk out of a movie. The Last Airbender did. IF I saw this in theatres I would have walked out. Wow.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The funny thing is, there are great female led movies...The Alien Franchise, Silence of the Lambs, 9 to 5, Silkwood, Steel Magnolias etc etc
Just never has been a great female Superhero female led movie. Hopefully Black Widow kicks ass but im looking for it to be just a bit above 2017 WW (Mediocre at best)
Good thing the Alien Franchise only includes Alien and Aliens!

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah. Calling this worse than Last Airbender is just some wild hyperbole. That's like saying getting a papercut is worse than getting your face smashed by a hammer.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Yeah. Calling this worse than Last Airbender is just some wild hyperbole. That's like saying getting a papercut is worse than getting your face smashed by a hammer.

May your balls get smashed with said hammer!

Sterling

El Presidente
May your balls get smashed with said hammer!
That's not very nice. This movie is trash, but Last Airbenderis in that special tier with the likes of Catwoman, Battlefield Earth, and Highlander 2.

• 1Solidarity