Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Sevens

Log Wizard
Honestly her ass and tits are small too. She's just gorgeous, and she looks just fucking insanely beautiful with the WW costume on. And her innocence / naivety when she's a "fish out of water" is endearing. Otherwise she's garbage actress, dime a dozen.
Dont get me wrong, I would hurt myself fucking her.
But there a million women out there who as just as hot if not hotter than her
She is a dime a dozen, nothing special.
You really are a simp for her.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I recently watched a few episodes of the 70's Wonder Woman. Cringey, dumb show that also happened to be better than this movie. At least in that show we got a young Debra Winger as WW's teenage sister and got doubled up on the eye candy.

The scariest part of the movie was the fact that no one looked at it and thought to redo at least parts of it. I don't know how any sane person looked at it and thought it was in any form to be released. If you told me they wrote the script on Monday and filmed it on Tuesday I would believe you. It is largely a slightly more polished version of a movie that high schoolers would produce.
i say this as a DC fanboi. Wonder Woman has always been eyecandy. she was created with boners in mind. the first WW worked because it kept it within that parameter. the WW TV show was basically a weekly photoshoot for Linda Carter. the stories were horrible. even as a kid 7 yr old me would be like, " what is this shit? where's Wonder Woman?" when Diana would do her little twirl and become Wonder Woman, it was like the greatest hetero moment of my life.
tenor.gif

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I remember when she got casted and people were so pissed because she doesnt have any curves lol. Theres even a shot in Batman V Superman where they zoom in on her ass as she walks away and its flat as fuck!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
i say this as a DC fanboi. Wonder Woman has always been eyecandy. she was created with boners in mind. the first WW worked because it kept it within that parameter. the WW TV show was basically a weekly photoshoot for Linda Carter. the stories were horrible. even as a kid 7 yr old me would be like, " what is this shit? where's Wonder Woman?" when Diana would do her little twirl and become Wonder Woman, it was like the greatest hetero moment of my life.
tenor.gif
This is what happens when you dont have the veneer of good action scenes and good back and forth between actors to cover for your shit story.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I remember when she got casted and people were so pissed because she doesnt have any curves lol. Theres even a shot in Batman V Superman where they zoom in on her ass as she walks away and its flat as fuck!
i wasnt pissed, i was just disappointed because she couldnt fill out Linda's suit and they chose such a shit grim dark costume for her. i prefer the the bright colorful stuff from the comics. GG is still a damned stunner in her own right though and she made that clown suit they gave her look good.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is the second time Pine has held up this movie franchise on his back, it was just more noticeable this time. Jenkins basically copied the outline of the first movie (some Themiscyra shit, Trevor loves flying, Trevorless ending with bad CGI fest, ect) and injected a bunch of Orange Man bad commentary into it. For all of its flaws, the first movie at least had heart, a couple good action pieces, and worked around Galdot's lack of acting ability. This one was just liquid shit any time Pine was not on screen (and much of the time he was). Someone compared this to Batman and Robin (Arnie, batnipples, ect) bad but at least that movie had some fun and you could make sense of the shitty villian's motivations. Kristen Wig not being the most terrible part of any movie is a metaphore for how bad this was. And the worst part is they had the elements of something good buried in there, but someone with a love of the source material and the fans needed to sort that shit out. This pushes the whole thing into Last Jedi type of Bad for me.
They should just find Pine a DCU hero role and be done with it. Gotta be a hero in need of an actor.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
they chose such a shit grim dark costume for her. i prefer the the bright colorful stuff from the comics.

That's the "meanest shit on the planet" stuff that DC creatives are obsessed with. Its a consistent aesthetic over a decade in every film-- and doesn't stop at just clothing or outfits, it also infects the script and dialogue.

DC edge is a meme at this point. Just turn the IP over to Burton.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That's the "meanest shit on the planet" stuff that DC creatives are obsessed with. Its a consistent aesthetic over a decade in every film-- and doesn't stop at just clothing or outfits, it also infects the script and dialogue.

DC edge is a meme at this point. Just turn the IP over to Burton.
it was a sin that we let all the goth faggots from the 90s have control over upbeat properties and turn them into miserable shit.

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
it was a sin that we let all the goth faggots from the 90s have control over upbeat properties and turn them into miserable shit.

DC needs to check their tone but there's nobody paying attention. It's gone so far left it became the new normal. You'll get little critiques here and there, but largely DC has been given a pass for overly brutal rough gothic dark emotional bullshit.

My guess is that is their interpretation of what the comics are. Very weird.

I'm always surprised by the money DC makes despite the aesthetic and tone being so ill-received.

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
I love the fact that DC is darker and grittier than Marvel...variety is the spice of life and all that
I just wish they would make some decent fucking movies instead of this shit they are pushing out of their collective assholes.
The only good DC movie was one that was light and funny...Shazam

Sterling

El Presidente
I love the fact that DC is darker and grittier than Marvel...variety is the spice of life and all that
I just wish they would make some decent fucking movies instead of this shit they are pushing out of their collective assholes.
The only good DC movie was one that was light and funny...Shazam
I don't really hate the idea of these movies being more serious and darker. What I hate is that these movies are inconsistent at best and often dogshit.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Batman was grim and moody because 1989 Batman and Frank Miller. after 30 years, its ok to make him lighten up a little.