Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Sevens

Log Wizard
Batman was grim and moody because 1989 Batman and Frank Miller. after 30 years, its ok to make him lighten up a little.
Why? If I want a light and fun billionaire playboy who makes gadgets and fights super villains I can watch Iron Man. Batman is at his best when he is dark and broody imho.
Just make it a good movie (The Dark Knight for example)

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, I don't give a shit if Batman is grimdark or silly adam west style or anything in between. Just make it interesting and not suck.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Why? If I want a light and fun billionaire playboy who makes gadgets and fights super villains I can watch Iron Man. Batman is at his best when he is dark and broody imho.
because it makes him a shitty team mate. he doesnt work well with others, then it makes it unbelievable that anyone or justice league would want to work with him.

grimdark only works in his solo films.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Batman was grim and moody because 1989 Batman and Frank Miller. after 30 years, its ok to make him lighten up a little.
wngirxkesnpznplgzep9.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
because it makes him a shitty team mate. he doesnt work well with others, then it makes it unbelievable that anyone or justice league would want to work with him.

grimdark only works in his solo films.

I dont want him to have teammates. Justice League as a concept is 100% faggotry

• 1Solidarity

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>

Exactly.

• 1Solidarity

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
There has to be some middle ground between moody asshole and doing the "Batusi". The version of Bruce Wayne Batman in the Flashpoint animated movie seemed fine. Better than the Thomas Wayne version in that same film.

Why shouldnt there be ONE super hero who is basically a loner with a fucked up past who just wants to take his vengeance out on criminals?

I dont want a Batman who is part of JL, I dont even want Robin. I just want a Batman who lives in gothic Gotham (ala Keaton's Batman) or Art Deco Gotham (ala TAS) and beats the shit out of criminals on his own without any other Justice League faggots coming through town

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
Why shouldnt there be ONE super hero who is basically a loner with a fucked up past who just wants to take his vengeance out on criminals?

I dont want a Batman who is part of JL, I dont even want Robin. I just want a Batman who lives in gothic Gotham (ala Keaton's Batman) or Art Deco Gotham (ala TAS) and beats the shit out of criminals on his own without any other Justice League faggots coming through town
At this point as I said earlier I don't give a shit where on the campy to grimdark spectrum he falls, I just want an actual movie that doesn't suck.

Sevens

Log Wizard
At this point as I said earlier I don't give a shit where on the campy to grimdark spectrum he falls, I just want an actual movie that doesn't suck.
As much as I loved watching the Adam West batman show when I was growing up, thats not what I am wanting from Bats or DC. DC is fine with the grim dark setting, we have Marvel for the light and breezy.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
If they would just nut up and do a live-action TV series of The Long Halloween series I can die happy.

• 1Solidarity

Goatface

long halloween comes out as a 2 part animated series this summer and fall, might be best going to get.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I'm with you on his inclusion in JL. Everyone else has powers and he, despite being the peak of humanity in every way, just looks like Black Widow in Avengers.

They constantly have to write tenuous ways he can face off against villains like Darkseid and not end up looking either inconsequential or a smear on the ground.

He's best fighting all the variety of colourful villains Gotham has to offer. Yeah, some of his enemies have powers but they're not Doomsday or Braniac level.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I dunno what the problem is. No one really cares about BW and arrowboy being able to keep up in MCU against demigod robots or any of the other insanely powerful villians.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I dunno what the problem is. No one really cares about BW and arrowboy being able to keep up in MCU against demigod robots or any of the other insanely powerful villians.
Thats why they only made a bw film after they killed her off, nobody cares about arrowboy, especially since natasha died to save him. Those guys are unimportant to the avengers. At least natasha helped out early on and was working intelligence. Look. I wouldnt want to put Batman in the JL or DCEU. But he`s there now. Either you have to write him out of it or you need to change Batman, just a little bit. You can give him a Robin as a partner or just hook him up to Selena to make him more friendly to his allies.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>

theyre not cornerstone characters, but thats another good point. Marvel does a much better job of keeping superheroes of vastly differing power levels from tangling under each other's feet.

batman and superman are cornerstone characters running JL is like Daredevil and captain marvel teaming up to run the avengers, its nonsense that destroy all sense of immersion. the ridiculously contrived ways they construct for Batman to fight Superman, Darkseid or anyone else grossly overpowered destroys that immersion even more.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Margot Robbie, Christina Hodson Reteam for New 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Movie for Disney (Exclusive) ... Margot Robbie is setting sail with help from her Birds of Prey writer Christina Hodson. Hodson has been tapped to write a new, female-fronted Pirates of the Caribbean for Disney, with Robbie attached to star.

Old announcement from summer 2020, but didn't think it was real. lol they're going forward with it.

Birds of Prey writer + a unproven box office draw in Margot Robbie to helm a mega franchise...

What could go wrong.

(DC related; Birds writer + the actress is DC so figured I'd drop it here)

• 1Worf

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Marvel does a much better job of keeping superheroes of vastly differing power levels from tangling under each other's feet.
IWho got killed in AoU? The guy with super speed or the guy whose only ability is shooting a bow and arrow?

its nonsense that destroy all sense of immersion.
Kind of like how Captain America beats the absolute shit out of people and nary a bruise or broken bone on them?

MCU movies are filled with just as many hilariously illogical concepts or scenes as DC's. Difference is MCU movies are generally very well put together so its easy to look past that.