Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
IWho got killed in AoU? The guy with super speed or the guy whose only ability is shooting a bow and arrow?

Kind of like how Captain America beats the absolute shit out of people and nary a bruise or broken bone on them?

MCU movies are filled with just as many hilariously illogical concepts or scenes as DC's. Difference is MCU movies are generally very well put together so its easy to look past that.

thats exactly my point:

did bow and arrow guy go toe to toe with ultron midway through the movie? or was he up in the air flying a plane while someone else fought ultron??
at the end of the movie, did he go toe to toe with ultron or was he saving civs, fighting shitty robots, trying to get wanda to fight

this is what i mean when i say that MCU at least makes an effort to build a plot and place characters when it isnt super obvious how mismatched they would be.... as opposed to this...

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

wasn't that the point to show how godlike Sups was? they needed a better reason for the fight, but thought it worked well.
it is the same with thor v ironman, thor should have turned tony to red mist inside is armor. thor was really trying while superman had on his kid gloves.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
did bow and arrow guy go toe to toe with ultron midway through the movie?
No, that was the end of the movie....

The guy holds his own against a swarm of flying robots with nothing more than a fucking bow and arrow. Should have been dead in 10 seconds. Also like how these robots that can fly stand perfectly still so BW can run over them with a dump truck.

The illogical nature and side stepping why the normal heroes arent immediately killed(Why did Ultron spend time fighting demigod Thor instead of flying over to Hawkeye and killing him?) are just as prevalent.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
wasn't that the point to show how godlike Sups was? they needed a better reason for the fight, but thought it worked well.
it is the same with thor v ironman, thor should have turned tony to red mist inside is armor. thor was really trying while superman had on his kid gloves.
it just points out how much of an asshole they made Batman. i dont like it. Batman shouldnt be trying to kill Supes, Batman shouldnt be trying to kill anyone, if Supes committed a crime then he should be trying to arrest him and if he cant, then he should at least be trying to expose him for it. they cornholed this expanded universe by making Supes apathetic to most earthlings and then having Batman acting as judge, jury and executioner because Supes didnt stop a team of other Kryptonians from destroying Gotham/Metropolis while saving the rest of the planet. there never should have been a scenario where the city was destroyed with thousands and thousands dying horrible deaths. i dont know how they can correct that fatal mistake, but its not going to happen with Batman the way he is now and Supes still not giving too much of a fuck about people.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Uh, there has routinely been catastrophic collateral damage when Superman fights someone as strong as he is, Man of Steel/BvS just didn't handwave it away like it was during his fights with dudes like Darkseid, Captain Marvel, or Doomsday. Like yeah, killing Zod was pretty terrible writing but nitpicking all the collateral damage is stupid. Pretty sure we've been over this before too.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Biggest issue I had with the first movie wasn't the wholesale destruction but that ludicrous scene where he lets his dad die.

Fucking huge tornado, everyone running around trying to save their own lives, no-one paying attention, he can move faster than the Flash, no reason he couldn't have saved his pop and explained it away.

Keeping this on WW track though, still sitting at the equivalent of $22 on UK Prime. It'd have to be half that before I consider even watching it.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Biggest issue I had with the first movie wasn't the wholesale destruction but that ludicrous scene where he lets his dad die.

Fucking huge tornado, everyone running around trying to save their own lives, no-one paying attention, he can move faster than the Flash, no reason he couldn't have saved his pop and explained it away.

Keeping this on WW track though, still sitting at the equivalent of $22 on UK Prime. It'd have to be half that before I consider even watching it.

Very true, but it was a nice scene though. Kevin Costner is just fantastic in everything he does.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Very true, but it was a nice scene though. Kevin Costner is just fantastic in everything he does.

Not sure if you've seen this. I generally don't like the show but my feed keeps throwing bits of interviews at me that are half decent.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
your penis becomes ungay if it enters gal gadots vagina

just like you probably become gay if you enter amy schumer

I wonder if testing this would be worth it. First Schumer, then Gadot. Let me google her first though...

okay - but only if it is the 2011 Amy Schumer from her wikipedia picture.

• 1Worf
  • 1Barf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Wait till it's free. You will be less disappointed since you only wasted time and not time and money.

• 2Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Wait till it's free. You will be less disappointed since you only wasted time and not time and money.
Really don't think this would have changed my opinion, since I didn't spend money on HBO to watch it. It's just trash, and would have preferred skipping it entirely. Could literally live out the rest of my life being fine never having seen it.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Really don't think this would have changed my opinion, since I didn't spend money on HBO to watch it. It's just trash, and would have preferred skipping it entirely. Could literally live out the rest of my life being fine never having seen it.
you can definitely skip it as none of the other DC heroes are in it and its not going to be canon for anything in "present day". in fact, it contradicts her line about hiding for a hundred years since ww1

Goatface

hope this chick shows up in the next movie

1612231695578.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users