Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
$260MM is a pretty severe shortcoming for a Disney flick.

At least they broke even though. Also this was clearly a test to see how their shit does going straight to Disney+. I highly doubt we are gonna see any new movies from them soon. New Mutants also did terrible at the box office. I guess we'll see what happens when that hits digital.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I dunno they said they made 260 million so far. Tenet made like 30? I think.
theaters were opened in china and they hated it.
and what fucker said. its a chingchong film made in chingchong slave territory and expected americans sitting at home, with jobs and lives ruined by the chingchongs to back it? even if it made as much as they say, thats still a loss.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
At least they broke even though. Also this was clearly a test to see how their shit does going straight to Disney+. I highly doubt we are gonna see any new movies from them soon. New Mutants also did terrible at the box office. I guess we'll see what happens when that hits digital.

I bet Black Widow would do pretty well if they sold it on Amazon for regular blu-ray price. $30 to rent Mulan was a ballsy move that I figured would fail.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
Mulan was never the strongest property, the original animation only made like 300 million. I really think its failure was more of a "no one has an interest in this" and less about Covid or the fact that it was a Chinese story. You drop an A tier marvel movie on Disney+ and I guarantee you it will be baller. I dont think Black widow will do all that great, but It wont be the bomb that Mulan was thats for sure. Hell I dont think Black Widow would have done that great even at the theaters.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I call bullshit.

You clearly are upset that they did not release this movie. You wanted to see it and they will not let you. Its like a World of Warcraft player who complains about all the shit that is wrong with the game but continues to give Blizzard money. You will watch it, when they release it.

Maybe he's like me and doesn't play it

spronk

FPS noob
i posted in the D+ thread but Mulan has made over $250m via its $30 VOD early access release, that pretty much seals the book on the next six months of big blockbuster movies. Its no contest at all, VOD is making 10-20x more money than theaters.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, I'm sure I'll watch it at some point but it certainly wouldn't be in the theater at this point. The first one was one of the few DC movies that wasn't complete trash.

Goatface

DC has informed retailers that the planned December comic book variant covers tying into the December 25 film Wonder Woman 1984 have been postponed to sometime in 2021.
But the reason they're giving isn't that the film might be postponed (as it has been before) due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but instead to coincide with an anniversary.
"Wonder Woman 1984 variant covers are moving to 2021 to align with Wonder Woman's 80th anniversary year," DC's statement to retailers reads.
That would be referring to Wonder Woman's debut in Sensation Comics #8 back on October 21, 1941.

=
40 ish days to release, not seen a tv ad for it in ages

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
How can people be so fucking stupid? Like how can they loo at Kamala Harris and see anything good in that piece of shit? And to act like she's some superhero? How fucking deluded are these hollywood retards??

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 8.01.53 AM.png

• 2Barf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
How can people be so fucking stupid? Like how can they loo at Kamala Harris and see anything good in that piece of shit? And to act like she's some superhero? How fucking deluded are these hollywood retards??

View attachment 316699
Being a birthing person makes one good. Stop being a misogynistic bigot.

• 1Garbage

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

View attachment 316699

Lmao she prosecuted black men that no other prosecutor would have.

I'm talking about marijuana possession.

Pathetic ideologues dont care anymore, its all about her brand, not what she's done that identifies her-- but what she claims she is.

Id say thats in general now. As long as you claim it and are racially ambiguous, they smudge the past out and embrace the brand.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
What does this have to do with this movie? Take it to the comic or politics threads.

You’re right, my bad. I had looked on Twitter for patty Jenkins to see if she commented on moving the WW84 release date and saw she retweeted that Kamala crap and went into rage / vomit mode.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
seperate the art from the artist or you won't enjoy anything

I hear you. It's just after this election, and all these hollywood / billionaire psychopaths telling me that I need to pay more taxes so everyone can have free shit, it makes me not want to support them. Ie, I wanted some new clothes so I ebayed used ones, and just will pirate shit from now on. I don't know, I know it won't be noticed, just kills me to support these retarded fucks.