Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
I can't figure out who the big bad behind all this is- the one talking about "all your wishes coming true" and making Steve Trevor appear. Those would be some crazy reality-altering powers.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Looks fucking great, the last trailer made the movie seem shitty but there's a bunch of awesome stuff in that trailer even if it does show too much.

Lasso twirling to make a sheild, lasso swinging off lightning and clouds, fucking wings. Yes please.

It's funny how the Snyderverse is being saved from oblivion by them just doing good fucking solo movies instead of being greedy and going for teamups right away.

The Flash movie sounds interesting too and could unfuck the continuity problems.

It was fun seeing the drama about DC failing, but I'm up for some good movies now.
What GOOD fucking solo movie have they done?
Shazam was the best of the bunch and it was okay
Wonder Woman was over hyped shit that only got as much praise as it did because...women
Aquaman was beyond stupid, I mean that fucking movie didnt even make sense. The DCEU is such a shitshow that after only 5 or 6 movies they are having to reset the entire fucking story...Oh well to each their own I guess.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
What GOOD fucking solo movie have they done?
Shazam was the best of the bunch and it was okay
Wonder Woman was over hyped shit that only got as much praise as it did because...women
Aquaman was beyond stupid, I mean that fucking movie didnt even make sense. The DCEU is such a shitshow that after only 5 or 6 movies they are having to reset the entire fucking story...Oh well to each their own I guess.
By "Good" I mean "didn't shit the bed" like Suicide Squad, BvS or Justice League.

I haven't actually seen Shazam or Aquaman and saw BvS and Justice League on whatever streaming service they are on, exactly because of how shit these movies have been.

I'll go see this though if there's a way to do it without getting Covid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Looks fucking great, the last trailer made the movie seem shitty but there's a bunch of awesome stuff in that trailer even if it does show too much.

Lasso twirling to make a sheild, lasso swinging off lightning and clouds, fucking wings. Yes please.

It's funny how the Snyderverse is being saved from oblivion by them just doing good fucking solo movies instead of being greedy and going for teamups right away.

The Flash movie sounds interesting too and could unfuck the continuity problems.

It was fun seeing the drama about DC failing, but I'm up for some good movies now.

Cheers!

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Looks good enough for me.

And it's got some chicks fighting . . . so yeah, oh yeah!

• 2Like
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

First trailer was great with great soundtrack

Half of this second trailer is still comprised of footage from first trailer and the soundtrack sucks

I actually want to see this less now

Sevens

Log Wizard
If Wonder Woman can use a glowing whip to lasso a streak of lightning, using it like a tree branch to pull herself through the air, then yes he can fly a modern aircraft but not know about radars.
OKay, if Wonder Woman can do that...I mean she is a god killer and all that, but Steve Trevor is just a normal man, yes? Or did he get like super powers from her vag juice when he banged her in WW1?

Last edited:

Caliane

I can't figure out who the big bad behind all this is- the one talking about "all your wishes coming true" and making Steve Trevor appear. Those would be some crazy reality-altering powers.

Max lord is the guy talking. may not be the "big bad", as he is not the one granting wishes.
the rock is. I'm not sure we have a definitive answer on that. theres a few possibilities. Both, just rocks/artifacts with that kind of power, or entities sealed in rocks or similar things, that have that kind of power. So its possible the rock is just a mcguffin, and max is the big bad. or, the rock itself, and whats in it, is the real danger.

max was a hero. A charles Xavier type character, or Jacob marlowe from Wildcats(even closer match). Businessman funding Justice League International. with mild mind control powers. too weak to do anything really, except smooth over business deals, or super hero fuckups.

Retconned into a supervillian in 2005 Countdown to Infinite crisis. Secretly has been Running Checkmate, anti-vigilante black ops. Murders his good friend Blue beetle, when he figures it out. Uses brother eye, and Omac virus to hunt and kill all superhumans. juices up his powers to global level, erases everyones memory of Teds murder. Mind controls Superman. WW snaps his neck to free Superman.
so, max's mind control is only about 30% of his threat. its his prep and calculating that is the primary danger.

max as a villain also doesnt really work great without 30 years of him being the goofy team leader..

Cheetah and Max seem to be getting their powers from the stone here in this, instead of their "proper" backstories.

The big thing I dislike here is it looks too slick, modern. if you are going to set it in 1984, make it LOOK like 1984. Supergirl was made in 1984 for example. blown out hair, vhs quality lighting, recording... or, like malls in blues brothers, superman, etc.

Lightning web slinging also looks stupid. What a ridiculous power creep. Rather just have her fly like her normal power creep.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
The plot?
Depends on the plot, but I will probably be spackling something when that fight starts. WW vs Cheetah was probably my intro into adult themes when I was a kid. As in I wish Rule 34 had been a thing back then.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Watched the trailer, it looked good but I felt zero desire to watch it. I wasn't sure why until I realized I've been conditioned to detect when the trailer I watched represented 100% of the cool scenes in the film and the rest is bullshit.

Also Gal Gadot and Wonder Woman can't carry this film.

• 2Like
  • 1Direct to DVD
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I agree that Maxwell Lord loses a lot of the impact by not having him as the benevolent support system beforehand. Well that and the requirement that Diana remain essentially hidden the whole film so as not to leave too much of a fingerprint on history.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Whipping the lightning bolts was some real retarded cringe.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users