Wonder Woman (2017)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just seen this.

I really enjoyed it, Gal Gadot is great. DC are approaching Marvel's level of main and side character likeability. I feel like it lacked a little polish though, Amazonians were a bit weird and the male antogonists were shit - poison lady was cool especially when Captain Kirk interacts with her.

The first two action scenes are great, especially the second. The third one is BvS style hulk battle and isn't good, but the character development during it saves it. Some of the CGI wasn't bad exactly, but it wasn't smooth.

It's a cross between Thor 1 and Captain America 1 in style and tone. Cap 1 is better in every way. Thor 1 is more polished than this (gods and powers explained better) but the action isn't as good, Loki probably puts it above this. As much as I liked this, it's Marvel Tier 3 not Tier 2.

Wonder Woman was great because of her naivety and idealism, I'm concerned that the "adult" version of her character in present day won't have that.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I saw this today. I neither loved nor hated it, but somewhere in between. More positive than negative, though. It was "good enough". Lots of "what the...?" type moments, like her not being invulnerable, yet running through a battlefield with hundreds of people shooting at her, yet she pulls through completely unscathed. The shield against the machine gun, for example. It was silly. She would get her shit pushed in on a "real world" setting. Guns fuck you up when you aren't invulnerable. She's pretty much DC's version of Jessica Jones. Just a little stronger. Oh, and better looking.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I cant figure out whether I liked or hated the movie. The constant erection thanks to Gadot was distracting

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
like her not being invulnerable, yet running through a battlefield with hundreds of people shooting at her, yet she pulls through completely unscathed.
In some versions of WW she is invulnerable, in others she isn't. Deflecting all projectiles with bracers/shield is typically what she does in the comics.. but in others:
3589955-4307772987-30092.jpg

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I saw this today. I neither loved nor hated it, but somewhere in between. More positive than negative, though. It was "good enough". Lots of "what the...?" type moments, like her not being invulnerable, yet running through a battlefield with hundreds of people shooting at her, yet she pulls through completely unscathed. The shield against the machine gun, for example. It was silly. She would get her shit pushed in on a "real world" setting. Guns fuck you up when you aren't invulnerable. She's pretty much DC's version of Jessica Jones. Just a little stronger. Oh, and better looking.

That scene when she's crossing no man's land was one of the coolest scenes in the movie. It's not real life, who gives a shit what would happen in a "real world" setting?

• 1Solidarity

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
I slept on it and came to conclusion that wonder woman is a fantastic movie. Jack Synder however probably fucked some shit up here and there but not enough to ruin the movie. Very good.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Jack Synder however probably fucked some shit up here and there but not enough to ruin the movie. Very good.

You do know he didn't direct it, right? He's credited as a co-writer on it but he didn't write the script just the original story treatment.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
It definitely had a Zac Snyder feel, especially with the use of slow-mo during the action scenes. It had a very 300/Watchmen feel to it, but I don't think that's a bad thing. I also think it was a good use of slow-mo; it added to the action scenes but wasn't overused.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
For better or worse it's Snyder who has established the tone and aesthetic of DC's cinematic franchise (and he drew quite a bit from Nolan's trilogy for his take on it). All of the movies will reflect some of that until they move away gradually from it, but that won't happen until after JL is over and done with.

spronk

FPS noob
i wonder what it must be like being as good looking as chris pine or chris hemsworth, even gal gadot gives him a dat ass overbite and then guilty eyes downcast

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
after studying the IDF I have concluded Israelis have the best eyes worldwide. Anglo generics can move aside.

And with the Russian population in Israel its only going to get better.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Saw this and enjoyed it. Definitely the best thing to come out of this new DCU. I'd put it around middle of the pack if I was to compare it to MCU stuff.

Also enjoyed the ice cream scene/easter egg.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
You do know he didn't direct it, right? He's credited as a co-writer on it but he didn't write the script just the original story treatment.
Yes but he was credited for writing or producing. I forget. He was to a degree part of the movie.