Wonder Woman (2017)

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Gadot can't act for shit tho. She makes pooping expression all the time.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Gadot can't act for shit tho. She makes pooping expression all the time.

Little bit of the Chris Klein pretty faced "look how hard I am trying to be a real actor constipation-vein-in-head" thing going on.

But as mentioned earlier, she is an action star ala Schwarzenegger. None of this matters in the genres she is performing in.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Saw WW this evening. Like others, wasn't great but wasn't bad either. I doubt I'll ever watch it again, but if I do I'd fast-forward to the couple action scenes. Also, kept thinking "Hey that's VM Varga from Fargo!".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Feminist propaganda trash, I wouldn't watch this movie with your dick. Stop giving money to these people. Didn't read the thread, hope it was an alt right circlejerk.

Nabassu

Lord Nagafen Raider
Feminist propaganda trash, I wouldn't watch this movie with your dick. Stop giving money to these people. Didn't read the thread, hope it was an alt right circlejerk.
You are weird.

WW was great, only wish Ares was more subtle with his powers and less vgboss with the lightning and telekinetic rocks.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
saw this, as was expected, basically every DC movie person sat down and watched

Captain America: First Avenger, and took A LOT of notes

goal:
like this, but with a vagina instead.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
saw this, as was expected, basically every DC movie person sat down and watched

Captain America: First Avenger, and took A LOT of notes

goal:
like this, but with a vagina instead.
Good comparison though this movie was more effective

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Feminists are pissed because Wonder Woman is "fat shaming" by product promotion of protein bars. :smuggly:

Screenshot_20170609-044406.png

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Did anyone feel that the other Amazons acting was so horrible, it made Gal Gadot look better in contrast?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I didn't mind any of the acting to be honest. Even Gadot seemed fine to me. Then again, I wasn't expecting Oscar-worthy performances. Nothing in this movie jumped out as any better or worse than any other action/adventure movie.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Maybe I'm just a simpleton, but I very rarely notice "bad acting" when others call it out. I admit that there are clearly some examples of bad acting in the world, but a movie like this, I couldn't even begin to point to anyone and say they were bad. Same with great acting for the most part. I felt that Chris Pine really knocked the role out of the park, and said as much in my review, but I attribute that more to the part written for him and the direction he was given. Not saying he's a good or bad actor either, just that his part did exactly what I felt it needed to do, and he was capable of conveying that to me on the screen. Is that him, or the writing and directing?

I mean, let's take BvS as an example. I hated how they made Superman look like he was constipated all the time. But to me, that's Snyder telling Cavill to do that, because I've seen Cavill be funny and charming in Man from UNCLE. So is Cavill a bad actor, or was he given shitty direction? Same with this movie, Gadot, the Amazons, etc. I thought they conveyed the emotions the director wanted me to see perfectly fine.

• 2Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Also, kept thinking "Hey that's VM Varga from Fargo!".

Same here, and I really liked him in this. I was thinking it was good to see him in a role where he wasn't a disgusting villian.

Movie was amazing. I obviously had my expectations set by it being a DC movie, but I agree with the people saying it matches up with any marvel movie other than guardians of the galaxy. I had some WTF /eyeroll moments as the movie was playing, but the wrapup at the end explained everything satisfactorily.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
This movie wasn't that good. Maybe I'm tired of super hero movies.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity