Wonder Woman (2017)

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
This movie was expected to bomb, so it's not surprise they didn't pay her millions of dollars. Plus, she isn't a proven, bankable star. Plus, she wasn't playing a proven, popular character.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
They've still got her for one more movie @ $300K in her contract and JL will use up that. So she's got a payday coming if they wanna make a WW sequel or use her in any other capacity.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Chris Evans was only paid 300K for the first Captain America as well I believe. They make more money on the sequels I'm assuming. In any case, unless this is one of those typecast traps, this opened up Gadot for all sorts of roles, a guaranteed sequel, and it doesn't really matter anyways because she's hot as fuck and her husband is loaded.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Chris Evans was only paid 300K for the first Captain America as well I believe. They make more money on the sequels I'm assuming. In any case, unless this is one of those typecast traps, this opened up Gadot for all sorts of roles, a guaranteed sequel, and it doesn't really matter anyways because she's hot as fuck and her husband is loaded.
True. I would do it for $5000 just for the good food, free cocaine and snazy outfits wardrobe would allow me to keep. Plus all the comic con/special appearances where she can charge many thousands of dollars for.
Not sure I buy unproven actor however. She has been in 11 movies and 3 tv series prior to this movie. Including BvS in the same franchise.

I think they are just jewing her.

Oh come on, stop throwing tomatoes

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
True. I would do it for $5000 just for the good food, free cocaine and snazy outfits wardrobe would allow me to keep. Plus all the comic con/special appearances where she can charge many thousands of dollars for.
Not sure I buy unproven actor however. She has been in 11 movies and 3 tv series prior to this movie. Including BvS in the same franchise.

I think they are just jewing her.

Oh come on, stop throwing tomatoes

Well, I guess "unproven" in the role of WW. Henry Cavill *looks* like Superman, but he can't act for shit and has maybe two constipated looking facial expressions. I much preferred Brandon Routh.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
One thing I forgot that really bothered me. The girl who played the nazi scientist with the half a face was fucking terrible. What an over the top, hokey performance. She would've fit in perfectly in the 60s Batman TV series

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Fake news propagated by Buzzfeed. (But this shows how the media is all kind of in the same boat, except for a few personalities at Fox, they love the narrative as much as everyone else for views.)

No one checked to see if any of this information was true--and none of it was. A single "anonymous source" began it all, but its all wrong. When they checked, the studio confirmed she made "at least as much" (Most likely a lot more) than Cavil. But as others have said, 300-500k isn't actually low, since most of the money comes in on the back end, the salary may as well be an advance (Sometimes literally as far as I know, since it comes out of your cut if your net instead of gross on your split). Really big names make significant chunks straight off of signing, but everyone else has to hope the movie does well, and Hollywood Accounting doesn't buttfuck you (Which, as said, big name guys can block that by getting gross instead of net).

So, just the media being shit heads. Kind of funny to read Buzzfeeds new headline though. "So you probably heard...."(From us)..."About..." and then they go on to say how its wrong LOL. Fuck you Buzzfeed.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Fake news propagated by Buzzfeed. (But this shows how the media is all kind of in the same boat, except for a few personalities at Fox, they love the narrative as much as everyone else for views.)

No one checked to see if any of this information was true--and none of it was. A single "anonymous source" began it all, but its all wrong. When they checked, the studio confirmed she made "at least as much" (Most likely a lot more) than Cavil. But as others have said, 300-500k isn't actually low, since most of the money comes in on the back end, the salary may as well be an advance (Sometimes literally as far as I know, since it comes out of your cut if your net instead of gross on your split). Really big names make significant chunks straight off of signing, but everyone else has to hope the movie does well, and Hollywood Accounting doesn't buttfuck you (Which, as said, big name guys can block that by getting gross instead of net).

So, just the media being shit heads. Kind of funny to read Buzzfeeds new headline though. "So you probably heard...."(From us)..."About..." and then they go on to say how its wrong LOL. Fuck you Buzzfeed.
Doesn't shock me. About as believable to me as Hollywood writers saying sources claim X amount was spent and someone's career is done, over! Then you look back at their history and they have attacked that actor every damn movie.
Something tells me we been getting fake news for a very long time about more than just politics.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Apparently, there's a pretty big easter egg hidden in the middle of the movie.

If you wondered why the Chief's presentation to Diana isn't subtitled, and only people speaking Blackfoot can understand it, it's because there's a lot more going on than you realize (beware, the URL spoils).

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The link was interesting enough, but they don't actually give you the overall dialogue. Just the gist of what was said.

I remember that Diana actually responded to Chief when he talked, showing that she understood the language. But they don't mention that in the article at all. I wonder what was actually said?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well, I guess "unproven" in the role of WW. Henry Cavill *looks* like Superman, but he can't act for shit and has maybe two constipated looking facial expressions. I much preferred Brandon Routh.

He is a Hayden Christensen type of dude, same bloodline and guarantee overlapping DNA.

I know one thing. There is a thin line between being an angry young man and being someone who yells, "get off my lawn!" It basically has to do with time.

I can see a lot of SJW stuff lots of places, if I want to. But, just a pro-tip: chirping up about SJW stuff is gonna mark you as an old man soon.

Hegel called it the "slaughterhouse of history" - i.e., how one period creates an antithesis, but then that antithesis becomes a new thesis, until the entire little knot of fuckery eventually disappears into the trivia of boring history.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The girl power moments were all period appropriate, so I don't consider it a SJW fest at all. Its certainly no FemBusters, let along CW show levels of virtue signaling. And that's just it. If you want to make a statement without coming off as a giant virtue signaling cunt, that's how you do it. You don't shove it in people's faces and point to it. You don't make it a giant deal. You don't deviate from historical accuracy (within reason) just to include your message. That's why WW was a good movie and other attempts at the same with an agenda pushed in it (not just talking about SJW shit here) are not. They left the fucking soap box at home and just made a descent movie.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This movie was expected to bomb, so it's not surprise they didn't pay her millions of dollars. Plus, she isn't a proven, bankable star. Plus, she wasn't playing a proven, popular character.
Plus you can chalk some of this up to JLaw and Meagan Fox (not the one in ohio) shitting in the well for those who came after them in the "eye candy, but so so actress" mold. JLaw gouging Fox and then turning around and phoning it in on the Xmen franchise plus Fox publicly shitting on Mr Explosions has made the industry reluctant to dump buckets of cash on the model turned actress crowd upfront. Say what you want about Henry "I really have to take a shit facial expression" Cavil, the man knows how to shut up and collect an honest days pay quietly. Most male actors do and the ones that are shitheads generally get shoved out and end up doing made for Sci-Fi channel shit for a living.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

im in the camp that believes that Snyder is giving Cavill bad direction

watch The Tudors, Cavill is fantastic in it as Charles Brandon

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I know one thing. There is a thin line between being an angry young man and being someone who yells, "get off my lawn!" It basically has to do with time.

I can see a lot of SJW stuff lots of places, if I want to. But, just a pro-tip: chirping up about SJW stuff is gonna mark you as an old man soon.

Hegel called it the "slaughterhouse of history" - i.e., how one period creates an antithesis, but then that antithesis becomes a new thesis, until the entire little knot of fuckery eventually disappears into the trivia of boring history.
uhm no, you're in the position that eventually retarded sjw stances will become accepted and the norm?

• 1Like

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Saw it, liked it. I'm not very familiar with the character, has that always been her origin story? I didn't realize she was supposed to be a literal goddess. Gadot is a figurative goddess. Damn.