Woodworking

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Those big routers are scary when things go wrong.
A 0.75'' diameter bit can be moving 40 mph at the cutting edge. For wider bits that could be north of 100 mph (which is why you should turn down the speed for larger bits). There's a LOT of energy to be released if something binds mechanically.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What are peoples thoughts on the Milwaukee Fuel line? Our maintenance shop seems to like their stuff.

Yeahs73

Trakanon Raider
What are peoples thoughts on the Milwaukee Fuel line? Our maintenance shop seems to like their stuff.
I use Milwaukee fuel cordless tools daily, decent stuff for the most part and they have a large selection of specialty equipment as well. I've used Dewalt and Makita in the past. The difference in any of them is negligible in my opinion.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah if the batteries were interchangeable I would just buy the best price between dewalt, makita or Milwaukee, since they are not interchangeable I'm all dewalt so far.

• 1Solidarity

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The power tool guy at my local hardware store (who sells all 3 big brands) claims that Makita are still built better. That they use metal gears in places that Milwaukee/DeWalt use plastic, bearings where they use bushings, etc. I can't verify that personally, but that's what he told me. The AvE guy on YouTube seems to agree but it's kind of tough to get a clear opinion out of that guy.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
The power tool guy at my local hardware store (who sells all 3 big brands) claims that Makita are still built better. That they use metal gears in places that Milwaukee/DeWalt use plastic, bearings where they use bushings, etc. I can't verify that personally, but that's what he told me. The AvE guy on YouTube seems to agree but it's kind of tough to get a clear opinion out of that guy.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
You heard about the house the lesbians built? It went up licketty split. It’s all tongue in groove - not a stud in sight!

I get how some people might not like his sense of humor, but what's a man gonna do? Gotta piss with the cock 'ya got.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Nothing better than getting your dirty dick beaters on a new tool but you wouldn't want to find out you spent your hard earned Canadian doll hairs on a piece of Chinesium gah-bage.

Keep yer dick in a vice!

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Well, after contacting about a dozen arborists and getting 3 replies and 2 of those were no shows, it looks like I'm cutting down and milling that Walnut myself.

What a joke profession. No wonder Lyrical cleaned up in it.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Well, after contacting about a dozen arborists and getting 3 replies and 2 of those were no shows, it looks like I'm cutting down and milling that Walnut myself.

What a joke profession. No wonder Lyrical cleaned up in it.
I thought he was in landscaping?

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I thought he was in landscaping?

Pretty sure he was in tree removal because he always talked about having equipment to do jobs other guys couldn't.

But not even getting a reply from literally 3/4 of them is some serious horseshit.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah if the batteries were interchangeable I would just buy the best price between dewalt, makita or Milwaukee, since they are not interchangeable I'm all dewalt so far.

Yeah I’m not heavy in to any cordless stuff, think my Ridgid Drill and Impact are my only two. Got a blower and edger somewhere that haven’t been used in 10 years.

Den of Tools has recently done 3 or more videos on cordless lines that I found useful as I’m looking at a couple more things. The big things seem to be fine a line that offers the most variety of tool choices and one with a battery platform that isn’t going anywhere. Like if we’re moving away from 20V to 18V or if the line allows you to stack multiple for one tool like some of the Dewalt.

Combined with Bear dude and Project Farm I’m sure I could way over research the topic for 40 hours instead of just running to Lowe’s and buying whatever was on sale and came with a free battery and charger.

• 1Worf

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Right on time Lowe’s announces they’re carrying the Flex 24V line of cordless tools. May be interesting. Makes sense seeing as they carry Kobalt I guess.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Got the shop cleaned up from the winter pile-up.

1616711112007.png

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I picked up a 4x8 slab of rough cut walnut for cheap. Not sure how I'll break it down. I'll be using it for more picture frames tho.

20210327_114205~2.jpg

• 2Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'll ask in here

I ordered a CNC and it's coming to Canada from the us. I got an email from FedEx asking about if I have a customs broker. If I don't I can use their services?

I have no idea what this is about. Can I handle this solo?

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I'll ask in here

I ordered a CNC and it's coming to Canada from the us. I got an email from FedEx asking about if I have a customs broker. If I don't I can use their services?

I have no idea what this is about. Can I handle this solo?

I think that means that before they'll allow it across the border you have to pay duty on it. If it's a big CNC machine it isn't surprising, they'll assume you're a corporation. I would call customs and see what they say.

• 2Like