WORLD CUP 2014 - BRAZIL

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
God the finals was boring to watch. Then right when I thought it would be exciting and go to PKs Germany just scores.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I don't even.... How does he charges the gk, you mean he charges the gk knee with his head... at a 90 degree angle..... right. Or do you mean the guys head gets in the way of a flying knee. Because that is the normal height for knees, around 6 feet of the ground.

This play is no different when a defender raises his leg so high that it hits the other player in the face. He didn't intended to, he went for the ball, except the guys head was in the way. You know doing what heads do, stand there on top of the shoulders.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I think it's interesting that the guy going for the ball isn't even looking toward the keeper. The surprise of the his probably is half of why he went down as hard as he did.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Like I said previously I am not all that familiar with the fine line of the rules but personally I don't think it should be the goalkeepers problem. You come anywhere near my area I am going after the ball if I think it makes a difference like that, your fault, you pay attention to where I am. Kind of like catching a pass over the middle in the NFL, you should expect to get laid the fuck out.

herbert_sl

shitlord
I have no strong opinion on this, but I did encounter it on FB and think that it was interesting.
rrr_img_71276.jpg

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I have no strong opinion on this, but I did encounter it on FB and think that it was interesting.
rrr_img_71276.jpg
did that fucker see what zidane did in 2006 and forlan in 2010?of course he didn't.it's not only about the numbers, it's about the player's performance and how they helped their team to get through.for that, you have to watch the games ffs
and....most crated chances,most interceptions as a attacker,most successfull dribbles, most accurate through balls are now criteria? LOLOLOL

EVEN maradona told that james was the best. the argentina media wanted mascherano or di maria.

Ashin

Silver Knight of the Realm
rrr_img_71276.jpg
I haven't looked at the stats, but I have to call bullshit on the "most interceptions as a attacker". Messi, as anyone who has watched him play, would agree, that when his team are not in possession - he does fuck all. Literally, he just walks around and waits until his teammates win the ball back for him.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I just looked it up on Squawka and I think at best he's tied with a couple of other forwards with all of 2 interceptions. I didn't look that hard though as I'm not going to go through 32 teams forwards to compare them all. Personally I think he's never fully recovered from his thigh muscle tear from 2 years ago. Even with that said I can't think of a single team that wouldn't take and start Messi in a heart beat if given the chance.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Zidane was MotM twice in 2006 (Pirlo 3 times)

2010 Sneijder was 4 times, Forlan amongst 3 other players received that honor 3 times (Honda, CR7, Iniesta)

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The only player more deserving of World Cup MVP would be James Rodriguez. Messi single-handedly put Argentina in position for a deep run, and was a Higuain miss away from winning it all (to be fair he just cut one wide himself, but Higuain's miss is one of those iconic moments that lives on through time). Only James did more from a most value player standpoint. So other than him winning it it wasnt a bad selection, but you kind of have to get to the final (or close to it) or win the whole tournament to win a golden ball AND boot. Only 3 men have, and each one saw his team get to the semi-final or win the whole tournament. I think James would have won both if Columbia makes the final, but sadly they couldnt get past the last 8.

Messi does stand around when his team is not in possession though. He will chase the ball in certain rare situations if he thinks he could win the ball, but usually he hugs the center of the field and just kind of loiters there. He is a legendary talent and deserving of all accolades, but to say he has a high defensive work-rate and acumen is a joke.