<Prior Amod>
Best image of the tournament?
rrr_img_71196.jpg

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So for our new soccer bros...

Super Bowl or World Cup?
This is a dumb question.

If the US had won you might have something here, but no real fan of the NFL watched this and decided "Oh yeah, that's better".

As Araxen said, NHL playoffs > NFL Playoffs > World Cup. That's on an even playing field. Put one of my teams in any of them and that's instantly my favorite. Loved the Soccer Super Bowl shit when the US was still kicking.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
As an event world cup is better. It's every four years, it's global, the nationalism amongst the teams is grounded in more fundamental bigotry and differences than the rivalries we have in NFL/NHL/college football etc.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Whelp, Germany got shit done. In my opinion, the wrong Pope won, but the right team won. I thought Germany was weak at the start of the match, but they really picked things up in the later part of the game, and I'd say they do deserve the win. There was some seriously questionable officiating throughout the tournament, but I think the teams determined this one. I'm really glad this didn't come to penalties.

NHL is greater, but this is a clear second to me.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Goetze showing why he was so coveted at Dortmund, just an amazing piece of skill to decide a really even match. Overall it was a pretty well played and even match, had a lot of fun drinking with the fam watching so no complaints.

sebur

Bronze Squire
I really feel like the keeper wasn't even expecting it, compared to their normal reactions or anticipations he just seemed confused when it went past him.

Decado

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well done the germans, they thoroughly deserved to win. Overall a really good WC with lots of good attacking play and plenty of goals.

Pity FIFA decided to give player of the tourney to Messi who was not even fucking close. Personally i thought he was very disappointing and was overshadowed by a fair few players.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
The whole allure of this event is the nationalism that it is essentially powered by. Outside of that, soccer as a sport needs to be cleaned up at its core. It has its charms and is easily the most accessible sport in the world, but the attitude of the players (the acting, diving, etc.) and the shitty refereeing, at the highest levels, need to be changed and improved... dramatically.

Also, Messi winning player of the tournament is hilarious. There were at least a half of a dozen players that actually stood out during this tournament. Messi was practically invisible during the knockout phase. But then again, it's FIFA maintaining the status quo and makin' dolla dolla bills yawl!

Can't believe that this greatest World Cup in recent history is now over, party in Germany and almost forgot how shitty the reffing was, 10/10 would watch again.

shfPY4r.gif

Eorkern

Bronze Squire
It's an ad, a portuguese one I think ? Messi at the end is supposed to fart, thus getting the attention of the monster then the thing cut out and it's advertising some anti-fart thing...

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I really feel like the keeper wasn't even expecting it, compared to their normal reactions or anticipations he just seemed confused when it went past him.
There was no time to react. The ball went from the chest to been kicked on one smooth motion. The best the gk could do was close the distance and the cover the first post, as it is the easiest to kick to. Goetze actually kicks it to the other post. It was a world class goal, no doubts about it. The problem were the two defender who just sat there doing nothing. Since Goetze always comes in as a sub, he has fresher legs than anyone else, and it showed in that play.