WORLD CUP 2014 - BRAZIL

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Is Aguero hurt or something? Thought he was dreadful today and offered absolutely nothing up top. Well in Bosnia for the goal, deserved!

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Messi quiet all game and then bursts to life with a great solo effort.

Another absorbing match with plenty of goals.

Two great games to look forward to tomorrow. Can't wait for Germany vs Portugal. Should be epic with tons of goals judging by how the tourney is going.

USA up tomorrow as well. Let's see if some payback is going to be served up.

Szlia

We'll see how Nigeria and Iran will play, but I thought Bosnia showed some good stuff and the Argentina of the 2nd half had its moments. Good attitude displayed by Messi that was still sprinting after loose balls after 90 minutes.

And again 3 goals! I wonder if it has an impact on the teams at this point, if they enter the competition thinking 'we don't want to be the lame ducks responsible for the first 0-0 game' or if it's not on their mind at all.

Fun facts: 37 goals have been scored so far. Italia 90: 25, USA 94: 27, France 98: 29, Korea/Japan 02: 35 (Germany scored 8 against Saudi Arabia), Germany 06: 27, South Africa 10: 18!!

Is Honduras always like this? I fully admit to being a mostly World Cup only soccer viewer, but I feel like the dirty ass play put on there was obvious to damn near anyone watching.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Is Honduras always like this? I fully admit to being a mostly World Cup only soccer viewer, but I feel like the dirty ass play put on there was obvious to damn near anyone watching.
Yeah their games are against the Swiss was fricken violent. Looked like Rugby at times.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Fun fact: Cahill with 33 goals scored more for the national team than the other 22 australian players combined (28).
Even though it's a credit achievement for Cahill, it also says something about the youth of our team. After our group was decided, the strategy was to blood new players and build for the next generation since most of our big stars are well past 30 and only a few, like Cahill can still perform. Arguably most are still better than many of the young players in the squad, but they won't be around for the next World Cup.

Anyway, bigger achievement was Cahill becoming the 8th player to score at 3 different world cups!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
One last thing before I pull an all nighter in anticipation for tomorrows matches - ESPN has done an exceptional job with their coverage of this World Cup. Lalas aside, they've brought in decent analysts, the pre/post shows have been good, and there has been something to watch pretty much constantly... Very impressed.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
One last thing before I pull an all nighter in anticipation for tomorrows matches - ESPN has done an exceptional job with their coverage of this World Cup. Lalas aside, they've brought in decent analysts, the pre/post shows have been good, and there has been something to watch pretty much constantly... Very impressed.
Other than the bitch who couldn't pronounce Recife correctly and Mike "The 2nd Worst Sports Announcer" Tirico, yeah they've been good as far as I can tell.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Argentinians saving some money:
1zx5gs7.png

So today at 6pm the US is facing Ghana and my friend from high school Geoff Cameron will make his FIRST World Cup appearance!!!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Don't bother, he's shit.

Interesting Germany lineup - Boateng is good, but not sure how comfortable he is at RB. Should be a good one!

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Don't know about that penalty.

I did see some shirt pulling, it's a bit soft though

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Bullet header, nice goal

Long way back for Portugal now

Ronaldo practically invisible. Let's see if he can burst into life like Messi did last night.