WORLD CUP 2014 - BRAZIL

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I'm curious as to why they never showed a freeze frame of that goal on ABC. I understand that the goal-line tech is the final arbiter, and I don't necessarily disagree with it or anything, but it was still odd that every replay, even the slow-motion ones, went right through the act of the goal and never even attempted to capture a freeze frame of the goal itself.

Hm. Bad production crew I guess?

Sharinel

Golden Squire
The commentating on the BBC is shameful, the overexcited cretin is shouting that the goal line technology is showing 'no goal' at the second goal, completely missing that they are talking about the shot off the post and not after the keeper fumbles it over.

The commentating on the BBC is shameful, the overexcited cretin is shouting that the goal line technology is showing 'no goal' at the second goal, completely missing that they are talking about the shot off the post and not after the keeper fumbles it over.
Thats why they have the younger guy with him to help out with the "new fangled technology"! To be honest scrap the German goal line tech and install ice hockey esque buzzers and lights.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Well, this game is keeping up with the average goals per game in the WC so far.

Apart from the Mexico - Cameroon game, all other matches have had 3+ goals in them. We have Messi to come later tonight too.

Screw defending right? Attack, Attack, Attack!

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
It's almost funny that they are still going on about it on the radio, and no matter how many times he's told it worked Pat Nevin keeps trying to make it into an issue.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
BIH looking good so far - surprising how many good players they have.

Also, how spectacular are Argentina's kits? Beautiful.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Honduras goal has a charmed life so far.

*edit* and it's all kicked off, literally. France lucky not to be down to 10.
If you're referring to Pogba, I have no fucking idea what you were watching. The Honduran player first stepped on his left leg, then on his right leg. He should have been the one to be sent off. When you're being kicked repeatedly, at some point self defense becomes a valid response. The French weren't flopping, the Hondurans in general played an incredibly brutal game. They're lucky they didn't finish the game with 8 players. I know you Americans have an unreasonable hatred for the country that brought you independenc

And Argentina, as usual, disappoints. Messi only shines in club matches with hundreds of games with the team to get used to each other.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Given the amount of quality in the Argentina team, they have been disappointing so far

Let's see if they will move it up a gear in the second half

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Argentina extremely poor that half. Not sure why, but Messi is always dropping way too deep for country - need to change things up if they have any hope of making it to the final.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Argentina extremely poor that half. Not sure why, but Messi is always dropping way too deep for country - need to change things up if they have any hope of making it to the final.
They've changed their system from how they played in qualifying, and clearly it isn't working for them.

Szlia

Bosnia deserves something out of this match. Let's hope they score in the 2nd half or at least that Argentina play better.

And France did a good job. A confidence boosting match against a tricky opponent.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Argentina may be winning this, but this group looks like they've never played a professional game together. Awful, turgid stuff. Needs a moment of magic from someone....