WORLD CUP 2014 - BRAZIL

Szlia

I guess Christiano Ronaldo was tired of seeing Nani doing crap on the right wing.

Anyway, it's a stay of execution for Portugal, because with Nani missing 90% of what he does, the 3rd choice Eder scared of being here and missing 90% of what he does and an off-color Ronaldo who can't get a clean pass from them and see them waste his clean passes, the offensive production is minimal. They have 5 days to make a Varela-Ronaldo-Eder trio work in training or it's good-bye.

PKS

N00b
Too many good matches. Credit USA, thought you were going to be reamed after it was 1-0. Oh well! No predictions possible for the outcome of this group, other than PT have the toughest job.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Guessing everyone would be happy to see 90 minutes of kick to kick in the middle of the park next game!

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Derp.

rrr_img_69669.jpg

PKS

N00b
I guess Christiano Ronaldo was tired of seeing Nani doing crap on the right wing.

Anyway, it's a stay of execution for Portugal, because with Nani missing 90% of what he does, the 3rd choice Eder scared of being here and missing 90% of what he does and an off-color Ronaldo who can't get a clean pass from them and see them waste his clean passes, the offensive production is minimal. They have 5 days to make a Varela-Ronaldo-Eder trio work in training or it's good-bye.
That's Nani! 90% combination of flopping, fuck ups, decision making disasters and terribad crossing. But then he'll still nick a goal or an assist, just typical. Still waiting for him to 'mature'

Szlia

I assume it's against the rules for Germany and US to agree to draw, or just go out and do nothing? Draw puts them both through.
West Germany 1??"0 Austria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And yes it is against the rules.

There was also in an Euro (?) a match were both teams (from nothern europe) could go through only if they ended with 4-4 and I let you guess how it ended... I remember seeing that match and it looking legit though.

EDIT: Euro 2004, Danemark vs Sweden, and 2-2. It eliminated Italy, so all was well
smile.png

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Even the wildest most retarded optimist would not have predicted the USA to be at 4 points after the first two matches. So much credit and vindication to Herr Klinsmann and these players. Portugal will beat Ghana, and as long as the US or Ghana doesn't get blown out, the US will advance. And no one on Earth predicted that.

I feel like I'd actually be less mad if it had ended 1-0. I just can't believe they let that happen.
Yeah, Ronaldo sucks. The US let that happen...

Utne

Molten Core Raider
West Germany 1??"0 Austria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And yes it is against the rules.

There was also in an Euro (?) a match were both teams (from nothern europe) could go through only if they ended with 4-4 and I let you guess how it ended... I remember seeing that match and it looking legit though.

EDIT: Euro 2004, Danemark vs Sweden, and 2-2. It eliminated Italy, so all was well
smile.png
I watched that game. Sweden got a late equaliser in the 89th minute.. That game did not look fixed at all from what I remember.

I might be slightly biased being danish and all, but I remember it being a good match!
biggrin.png

Jait

Molten Core Raider
And we probably shouldn't talk too much about it, but USA was SO offside on the 2nd goal.

Szlia

An american was offside but far from the goal and not taking part in the action, while Dempsey was covered by a portuguese player who took too long to stand back up.

faille

Molten Core Raider
So I guess a tie is bad?
A draw isn't bad, and before the match I think most people would have taken it, but given they were a minute from winning and guaranteed progress to the next round, it's a kick in the nuts and feels like a loss