World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
How will it undermine WoTLK? We just killed Kil'Jaeden, who created and controlled the Lich King. Why should the LK be considered a threat at this point? There was a reason they wrote the lore in a way that makes it necessary for there to always be an LK to control the undead. They wanted to come back to it later.

I have no idea if they'll go that route but they could pretty easily.

I'm betting she gets the helm of domination, and as the Lich Queen she fights back the Old Gods and the void because the undead can't be corrupted.

She'll even continue to be snarky, saying things like, "Hate me all you want Alliance, but you aren't saving Azeroth without my army of the dead...say, are you using those corpses over there?"

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I'm not seeing what you're all talking about with Group Finder? I go to Premade Groups, click Find Party and there are a ton of groups to pick.

- They removed the ability to right click a quest and find a group (so automatically search for a party rather than have you type it manually)
- They disabled addons automatically searching, applying and accepting group invites
- They have now removed the ability entirely to auto accept, so group leaders will have to manually accept every single person that applies to a quest (rather tedious)

Basically they made it far more difficult to find and get into a world quest/event group. While you can still find custom groups, the process to do this has become pretty tedious, and it also opens the door for group leaders to discriminate (low ilvl? boosted toon? Naw gtfo, solo the world quest bud).

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't really get decisions like that. Yes because adding a level of tedium to grouping with people for world questing for <5 minutes will make us connect to other players more than having automated tools doing it for us.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm not seeing what you're all talking about with Group Finder? I go to Premade Groups, click Find Party and there are a ton of groups to pick.

It was an WQ addon that did this automatically. Walk to a WQ area and it immediately grouped you with people (who also had the addon) or created a group for this purpose if you were alone. So people with the addon automatically joined and people without pick it up on the in game Group Finder.

It just made it sooo easy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sarrow

<Gold Donor>
- They removed the ability to right click a quest and find a group (so automatically search for a party rather than have you type it manually)
- They disabled addons automatically searching, applying and accepting group invites
- They have now removed the ability entirely to auto accept, so group leaders will have to manually accept every single person that applies to a quest (rather tedious)

Basically they made it far more difficult to find and get into a world quest/event group. While you can still find custom groups, the process to do this has become pretty tedious, and it also opens the door for group leaders to discriminate (low ilvl? boosted toon? Naw gtfo, solo the world quest bud).

Bullets #1 and #3 are simply not true. You can still automatically search for quests and auto accept works just like before as of a couple days ago for me.

#2, however, is accurate and they have stated it was due to the server load of addons making groups ad nauseum and impacting performance.

From what I can tell they didn’t do it to just make things more tedious. You’re talking about a company that is trying to appeal to the masses here and cater to casuals, let’s be real.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I haven't done WQs in a long time, but using that feature made me go from taking an hour or two to do all WQs to like 5 minutes. That's probably what they didn't like, if I had to guess.

If it's a server concern that's interesting. We never seemed to have issues on our end, but maybe with BfA changes it was fucking shit up.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I still do WQ's so I can max out the Argus factions. Need dem mounts.

• 1Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Auto-accept change went in today apparantly, haven't tried myself but it's on the various news sites.

Never used an addon but being able to join a raid group for Argus invasions with auto accept so the thing keeps itself going was the only way to really do these, they're too hard/annoying to do with the 1-2 people that show up at the same time.

• 1Like

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Bullets #1 and #3 are simply not true. You can still automatically search for quests and auto accept works just like before as of a couple days ago for me.

#2, however, is accurate and they have stated it was due to the server load of addons making groups ad nauseum and impacting performance.

From what I can tell they didn’t do it to just make things more tedious. You’re talking about a company that is trying to appeal to the masses here and cater to casuals, let’s be real.

They hotfixed it last night it would seem.

Khane

Got something right about marriage

There was a hotfix last night that broke automatic search and they completely removed auto-accept from the group finder. That is what we are talking about.

Khane

So I'm finally looking at the BfA profession changes and all I can say is.... what the fuck are they thinking with this scrapper and expulsom shit? It's going to be exploited to hell and back in the first few weeks while people figure out a way to cheaply scrap crafted gear for profit and unlimited expulsom then it will be nerfed into irrelevance to compensate. Obliterum forge all over again.

As it stands right now there is no good reason to do anything but farm mobs over gathering professions because you'll get gold + cloth + drops which you can then send to whatever character you want your expulsom on, scrap on that toon, and get the expulsom + tradeable raw materials. So they will massively nerf scrapper yield and add expulsom to all gathering professions + disenchanting once they realize "herp derp this wasn't a good idea for professions!"

• 1Like

Khane

I haven't done WQs in a long time, but using that feature made me go from taking an hour or two to do all WQs to like 5 minutes. That's probably what they didn't like, if I had to guess.

If it's a server concern that's interesting. We never seemed to have issues on our end, but maybe with BfA changes it was fucking shit up.

I think they are removing it in anticipation of server stability issues because there are a number of things that have happened over the course of Legion that were not available at Legion launch:

1) The group finder addons were added some time after Legion launch and people only slowly learned about them and started using them. There wasn't much chance for server stability issues on the group searching side (automated group creation brought about issues right from the start)
2) Addons like HandyNotes and other specific rare finding addons added functionality that constantly scans for groups in areas you are in, even when you are not interested in looking for a group, simply to see if a particular rare might be up. This is the biggest reason in my opinion.
3) The changes put in via Warmode made sharding work a lot differently and specifically, with Warmode On, there is a higher concentration of players on a smaller number of shards.
3) Because of points 1, 2 and 3 and the fact that a huge influx of players are going to be gathering in a relatively small number of zones for BfA I think they are just anticipating huge problems with automatic group scanning and joining.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hm, only thing I've noticed is that your group for an Invasion will not automatically convert to a Raid if more people apply, since once you have 5 people in the group, it will delist it. You have manually create the Raid by inviting whoever else might be inside the Invasion with you.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Heaven forbid they auto group players in WQ areas. The devs just dislike their own customers. How many systems are just huge fuck you to players at this point?

1. Personal loot only.
2. Azerite gear not tradeable.
3. Can only select a single trait per armor so it is useless for multiple specs.
4. Disabled WQ group finders.
5. More AP grinds.
6. Cannot change gear in M+.

Fuck them. I’m ready for a new dev team.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Khane

They're just scared that Pantheon is going to steal their customers so they are trying to beat them to the punch.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Stave

Potato del Grande
If Sylvanas is capable of waltzing into Icecrown and killing the Lich King, that will undermine the entirety of WOTLK, so they done fucked up either way. Nah, they won't involve Bolvar in this.

It's the Lich King, but without Frostmourne. Second of all, Ner'zhul is in control really. Who'se to say he doesn't want to be passed on to Sylvanas. Next, Taelia, Bolvar's daughter is in BFA. Strange character to introduce out of the blue many expansions later, unless she is there to allow them to expand on Bolvar's story. Taelia could easily be a distraction or weakness to Bolvar. Especially considering he is only partially corrupt, not fully. It doesn't have to be a 1 on 1 fight to the death for Sylvanas to get the crown. There are many ways Blizzard could make it happen. If you think about it, it plays into Vol'jin's odd vision to make her warchief. I am betting he saw the void coming, and knew the ONLY chance they stand, is to have Sylvanas the Lich Queen, uncorruptable by the void, be able to stop them. And the only way for her to become this, was to become warchief. It is her tragic redemption arc. Think Gollum in LOTR.

And as Khane said, they kept the Lich King alive, rather than killing him off. They could have killed him off, but they wanted to leave that window open for the future. Bolvar was never a big main character either. He literally is, a toasty bench warmer.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sarrow

<Gold Donor>
There was a hotfix last night that broke automatic search and they completely removed auto-accept from the group finder. That is what we are talking about.

Got it. Should have logged on yesterday instead of going to dinner with the wife. Shame on me and damn her for taking my game time away. Carry on then!

Khane

Alright so I wanted to log into beta on my tailor to see if I can use the new tailor only back enchants on heirlooms. But the boat to Zuldazar is not showing up in echo isles and I have characters that can see the portal from Org.... so how the fuck do I get there? Do you actually have to do the stupid seige of lordaeron scenario on beta now?

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Maybe not the right place for this, but I was scouring through the old stuff I brought back to Japan on my vacation and I found these.

20180810_012201.jpg

One seems to be used, the other still has the silver scratching stuff on the back and is pristine

Was surprised to find out they are actually worth something. How does one dispose of one of these without getting ripped off?