World of Warcraft: Current Year

Stave

Potato del Grande
The Supreme power of getting your ass kicked by players at almost half the current level? But to follow up your point, put that power into the hands of someone who already has power, like say Sylvanas, and shit could get interesting.

Ive been saying for years. We are gonna get Wrath of the Lich Queen. They rebooted vanilla, then outland, next will be Northrend. From a business perspective it makes sense too. WotLK was the highest point in WoW. The Lich King was their most iconic character ever. If they brought him back, and as a she, it would hype players like crazy, and the feminazis would eat that shit up as so brave and wonderful. It's coming....

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the farming stuff makes for better viewer interaction. I was watching Towellie before work today and he would group up with people that were helping him farm a rare mount from a Pandaland world boss(Sha of Anger). People get off on helping out the streamer a lot. Sadly, I don't get to watch Asmon a lot since he's usually done streaming before I get home from work. I'm sure he'll poopsock it up next week though.
I like Asmon and Towellie, but from what I've noticed from watching them both, Towellie will ask his viewers to help -him- get stuff, while Asmon will typically help his viewers. I haven't watched either for long enough to say this is a consistent attribute of either, but that is what I've seen.

Malkav

French Madman
Im on the other side of the fence with Sylvanas being killed. Regardless if she keeps her place in the Horde or not, I believe that she's eventually going to go to Ice Crown and battle Fordragon for the crown... and win. We have spin off stories like the Mage Artifact Weapon, Felo'Melorn(sp?), that brings into light that Bolvar Fordragon is now the Lich King (or is at least wearing the crown). Where, if Im not mistaken, was a secret and that all of the rest of the world was under the assumption that the Lich King would forever be no more. Now, it seems to be common knowledge and a temptation for anyone that wants supreme power.

Uh, you've clearly missed something. Bolvar took the crown in a cinematic back at the end of Wrath after you kill the Lich King. We've known for years that he is the current Lich King and keeping control over the Scourge.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Uh, you've clearly missed something. Bolvar took the crown in a cinematic back at the end of Wrath after you kill the Lich King. We've known for years that he is the current Lich King and keeping control over the Scourge.

Oh yah. Can't retcon that away in about 5 seconds. Sylvanas runs away to Northrend and takes the Lich King crown then INFUSES IT WITH AZERITE YOU FUCKING WOT M8?

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Only a few know about it, the ones present when arthas died, all DKs I guess and the mage that wielded the fire artifact.
The rest don't know about it, so Sylvanas for example might not know about Bolvar and the whole "there must always be a lich king" deal.

• 1Like

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Nah, everyone would know by now. Tirion Fordring was there, and so was at least one higher-up from each faction (Wrynn, Garrosh, Saurfang, etc). That, and Sylvanas was heavily invested in the whole downfall-of-Arthas storyline, which is pretty understandable, don't you think?

• 1Like

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I think it makes sense that Sylvanas might have figured it out, but she wasn't there, no one was there but the players and Tirion who promised to Bolvar to keep it secret and has now taken that secret to his grave.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The problem with the Lich King being a big bad is that the whole undead business was a side piece to the Legions invasion of Azeroth. He was created by the very being we just ass-kicked across the cosmos.

You would indeed need to do some handwaving Azerite plot in order to power Icecrown up to the point where it's a valid threat.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Well, I guess they weren't actually in the room, yeah. Seems a bit off that they'd be present for the whole instance, and waiting downstairs at the entrance, but would be unaware of everything that just happened, but this is WoW-land. Stranger things have been retconned. I mean, happened.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
The problem with the Lich King being a big bad is that the whole undead business was a side piece to the Legions invasion of Azeroth. He was created by the very being we just ass-kicked across the cosmos.

You would indeed need to do some handwaving Azerite plot in order to power Icecrown up to the point where it's a valid threat.
I think part of the reasoning that will be used here is that we had the artifact weapons that made us much more powerful and able to deal with the Legion and now that we were forced to give them up a lesser threat could be relatively more powerful.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
What's all this retcon talk? They won't retcon it, they'll just have Sylvanas go kill him and take the crown. Why would they retcon it? That would literally nullify DKs out of existence for the whole of Legion. Bolvar was a huge part of the DK artifact and class hall storylines.

• 1Like

Khane

So now they've completely broken the functionality of automated group finding. Even searching for groups can only be done manually with the latest hotfix.

• 1Dislike

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
What's all this retcon talk? They won't retcon it, they'll just have Sylvanas go kill him and take the crown. Why would they retcon it? That would literally nullify DKs out of existence for the whole of Legion. Bolvar was a huge part of the DK artifact and class hall storylines.
If Sylvanas is capable of waltzing into Icecrown and killing the Lich King, that will undermine the entirety of WOTLK, so they done fucked up either way. Nah, they won't involve Bolvar in this.

Khane

How will it undermine WoTLK? We just killed Kil'Jaeden, who created and controlled the Lich King. Why should the LK be considered a threat at this point? There was a reason they wrote the lore in a way that makes it necessary for there to always be an LK to control the undead. They wanted to come back to it later.

I have no idea if they'll go that route but they could pretty easily.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
People know there's a new Lich King, but no one really drops his real name. Sylvanas knows there's someone sitting there but she knows its not Arthas.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So now they've completely broken the functionality of automated group finding. Even searching for groups can only be done manually with the latest hotfix.
Welcome to World of Solocraft the new solo friendly MMO by Blizzard.

• 1Worf

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Shame, because the auto group-finder stuff when I was pumping WQs was the only way that made them tolerable.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Rime

<Donor>
If only people would stop trying to play the game the way they like and play the way Blizzard wants, they would not have to divert so much time from Store Mounts Diablo StarCraft Heroes of the Storm Overwatch to nerf things!

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't get why they are killing group finders. If I had to guess, it's because people aren't connecting to each other anymore. You can auto-queue for anything and finish 95% of the game on the backs of other players by barely playing the game and not really ever interacting. Maybe they are trying to get people to talk to each other and create communities again?

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not seeing what you're all talking about with Group Finder? I go to Premade Groups, click Find Party and there are a ton of groups to pick.