World of Warcraft: Current Year

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

I'm of the opinion that the game is in need of a level squish. There just isn't enough character progress when leveling up to warrant 110+ levels of buildup. Going 15 levels between changes to your character is rather silly. I'm sure they're still basing things around the test grouped data they have that says people need the 'ding' every so often, but their game design has long since left that pacing behind. Every level needs something more than just base stat increases, or it's arbitrary bullshit.

The zone scaling has opened up things to allow them to just toss all the old shit into one large pre-current-expansion level group, hack the actual number of levels, and let people pick and choose what they do while leveling. I don't know what number of levels would work, but I'd be fine with something like 50 levels of pre-current-expansion content with talents, skills, and an artifact-like progression system providing new things for each level and then your standard 10 levels for the new stuff. Then just move down the expansion content into the large pool when the next one comes out.

One of the problems I ran into doing lower level content was that zones weren't even vaguely on par with each other. For example I found Sithilus to be absolute trash with tons of running, kill 15 of this now kill 20 of that, and no story. I bailed to Felwood and it was night and day. A quest to go kill some Demon Hunter spiraled into a series of quests in which the history of Illidan is explained with exp awards every step of the way. Hey, let's give you a history lesson as well as a mess of exp at the same time. Quests took organically to other areas that had more quests and the zone had at least some overarching story. A few of the zones were like that but not all.

One of the things I'd like to see them consider would be something like advancement being tied to story. You enter the game, you go through the story for the start zone, and you're moved to level 15. You do the story of the next zone over and you're 30. Make a new character? Follow an entirely different line of story stuff. Most zones have them. You do four of those and you're 60. It could be it's own checkbox. Story Leveling vs Standard Leveling.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Level squish for older content makes sense, but you also have to realize there is a psychological component to the current expansions. "10 new levels!" sounds better than "5 new levels or 1 new level!!!" even if you make them completely the same from a XP perspective. Even if you -know- that is the case, we still have quantity bias in general and feel like we are getting less value. Plus, there is value in metered progress. You feel like you are making more progress hitting those level milestones in a 10 level system then you would in a 5 level system (even if you don't actually progress much powerwise), because levels then suddenly feel like they take forever in the later version.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm one of those "casual" WoW players that the community hates so much. Rarely play WoW, every couple of years and usually I get a couple of months of fun out of it. Pre purchased Legion and had a lot of fun with invasions. After release kind of enjoyed the DH. Didn't play long after Legion came out but figured I got my money's worth. Kicking myself now though since I didn't level more of my toons then.

Pre Purchased BFA because the new races sounded cool. But 7.3.5's new leveling experience sucked so bad I gave up. Waited for 8.0 hoping for new invasions of some sort but no go. Got a refund.

BFA was a horrid experience for me, never had a worse time in WoW. I just wanted to level up, etc. and maybe have some fun at the end game with one or two of the new races. But the amount of work (without fun) killed it for me. And I believe most casuals and new players feel the same way. Not a winning strategy for Blizzard.

I hope you all get your money's worth out of BFA but to me it is already a disaster. I'll try again in 6 months or so if they make some major changes, would still like to try some of the new races. But not going slog through 120 levels of tedium multiple times to do it.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I really liked the Vol'Dun Snakebros questline. The foxes are dumb, but cute. Nazmir is cool overall. Bwonsomdi is the MVP side character though. lol.

Baron Samedi - Wikipedia

Even better it literally tells you steps as you're going places. Like you enter an area and it says "kill x and y', then changes when that's complete. Rather than simply just an arrow pointing places. It makes it so you don't need to know anything except go to place and do x.

This addon World of Warcraft Pro | Brings Game Experience to You! is basically a free, frequently updated version of Zygor that does the same.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why would SJWs be mad? The Alliance is being led by an OP female (Elsa Proudmore). Horde is now in Wakanda helping a woman.

Like literally the opening to the expansion is a chick owning Malfurian (most repeatedly useless person in wow), a chick throwing ice everywhere, the only useful dude king wears a gimp mask, Nate is a cuck, Jaina is OP, then rando wakandan chick saves the horde and takes them to the land of vibranium while the alliance watches a fat slob humilate the hot one. Did I miss anything?

Meanwhile I literally have exactly the same spells minus one (artifact) as I did at this point hitting 110 last expansion. Zero new spells or talents? The fuck?

Its a good thing everything has been smooth and the dungeons seem cool because this expansion seems barely more than a content patch...
RE: Bolded.

But you get "talents" from your gear! That unlock by enslaving yourself to your neck piece!

On the serious, you mean you haven't gotten any new spells since level 80ish. Gaining only two talents between 80-110 (now that Legion artifacts are dead in addition to Draenor Perks) is basically where things are right now. Pretty awesome character progression there! I have something to look forward to! ... ... ... ... /s

Last edited:

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I'm one of those "casual" WoW players that the community hates so much. Rarely play WoW, every couple of years and usually I get a couple of months of fun out of it. Pre purchased Legion and had a lot of fun with invasions. After release kind of enjoyed the DH. Didn't play long after Legion came out but figured I got my money's worth. Kicking myself now though since I didn't level more of my toons then.

Pre Purchased BFA because the new races sounded cool. But 7.3.5's new leveling experience sucked so bad I gave up. Waited for 8.0 hoping for new invasions of some sort but no go. Got a refund.

BFA was a horrid experience for me, never had a worse time in WoW. I just wanted to level up, etc. and maybe have some fun at the end game with one or two of the new races. But the amount of work (without fun) killed it for me. And I believe most casuals and new players feel the same way. Not a winning strategy for Blizzard.

I hope you all get your money's worth out of BFA but to me it is already a disaster. I'll try again in 6 months or so if they make some major changes, would still like to try some of the new races. But not going slog through 120 levels of tedium multiple times to do it.

Yeah the grinds they keep introducing are too much. Nobody wants to work that hard for an Allied race. They should be something free that bring people to the game, not something that pushes people away out of frustration.

Stuff and Story Leveling vs Standard Leveling.

That would actually be really cool. No exp bar, just levels gained after stories are completed.

And yeah a leveling squish is desperately needed. I would have never wanted one in the past, when you gained stuff every level, but right now it's absurd how bad it is to level and how un fun it is. You don't gain anything for 20 levels sometimes, like wtf? I miss gaining a talent every level and a spell every two.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I haven't played WoWQ in forever. Like forever when BWL was the top dungeon raid. Anyway if I come back to play around is it something I can do at least some of it solo or need a guild and such? Also kind of suprised me WoW was 52gb download, how times have changed hah. From a few CD's to 52gb.

Just watching a few videos online the UI changes (I assume mods) seem to have grown exponentially.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I haven't played WoWQ in forever. Like forever when BWL was the top dungeon raid. Anyway if I come back to play around is it something I can do at least some of it solo or need a guild and such? Also kind of suprised me WoW was 52gb download, how times have changed hah. From a few CD's to 52gb.

Just watching a few videos online the UI changes (I assume mods) seem to have grown exponentially.
You can level to 120 100% solo

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

BWL can be done solo, though I'm sure that's not what you're asking. Otherwise, yes, the entire game can be done solo save for the intended raid content (and even then if you've got the time and commitment).

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Man it's fucking retarded how easy it is to make gold at the start of an expac. I am kicking myself for not having time to ass rape the WoW morons. So here is an example last night I logged in for a few minutes bought darkmoon cards off the AH converted 2 of them into full decks and make 200k profit with really no effort. If I had time I would be wheeling and dealing the BoE markets while the getting is good. Plus I am sure enchanting is making fat stacks of cash as it always has done.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
When they first announced Allied Races I actually thought it would be interesting to have Zandalar Trolls side with the Alliance and the Kul Tirans to go Horde as a first step towards eliminating the whole faction thing.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
There was a classic emulator server called 20 love or somethinf like that. It was classic but level cap was 20 and everything condensed down. So plaguelands was like level 18 mobs.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Man it's fucking retarded how easy it is to make gold at the start of an expac. I am kicking myself for not having time to ass rape the WoW morons. So here is an example last night I logged in for a few minutes bought darkmoon cards off the AH converted 2 of them into full decks and make 200k profit with really no effort. If I had time I would be wheeling and dealing the BoE markets while the getting is good. Plus I am sure enchanting is making fat stacks of cash as it always has done.
Sorta bothered I wont have timr to play this weekend to try and do some ah gold farming

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This WQ time gate shit is killing me. Gaining barely noticeable progress amongst 6 different reps feels 100x worse than gaining noticeable progress on just one. Even if it ends up taking the same time in the end.