World of Warcraft: Current Year

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Sitting at 340 boomkin now, questing still feels like shit. Can't just pull 10 mobs dot dot, starfall and move on with everything dead and all non elite mobs do so much damage relative to your health.

Hmmm. That sucks; is this true for all classes? My hunter is only 118 but I can still pull 5+ mobs at a time and kill them pretty easily

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Absolutely. On brm at 110 first getting there I was pulling 10-20 mobs, killing them fast, and barely getting hurt. At 120 and 312 if I pull 4-5 they might get me down to 25% hp - sometimes I need to run. It feels as bad as it sounds.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I don’t get the hate for TSM4 look, and the new formulas are nice enough, still until they get it all ironed out better I am going to continue using TSM3 not sure why you guys don’t just stick with it.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
No. 100% false. I settled on my moonkin druid in WOD because I really enjoyed the timing based system and starfall in that xpac was just hilarious. Legion completely redid the system away from eclipse and even when spells kept the name they could be new, and at minimum the rotation design was all new. This appeared true for others, eg shadow priest, lots of new shit.

BFA? Literally identical to legion in every way except without the artifact weapon. So nothing new except I lost one spell. With the starfall changes I also lost a ton of skill-based aspect on top of that. When I start healing I am looking at the same: legion minus artifact.

That is pretty shitty.
Don't get me wrong, I agree with you about how expansion changes made everything new. The point I was trying to make was that if you were to create a char and level it from 1-110 now, after the 8.0 pre-patch, all that you earn after roughly level 80 (varies by class) is two talents and the Heart of Azeroth. That's not a lot of character advancement.

Chris

Potato del Grande
That is -alot- of content to snip, though. There are also lots of callbacks to older content that would also get missed if you didn't have context. Even tiny stuff, like the Starship Trooper parody gnomes from Burning Crusade showing up in BFA. On the flipside, though, with accelerated leveling you aren't going to see lots of the old content unless you are a completionist. I skipped WoD and when I had to level through it on my alt (used level boost for my main), I pretty much only saw the first zone and got the fuck out once I was high enough to use Legion content for leveling.

However, the thing to realize is that old zone revamp is unto itself a full time job. This happened in Cata when they revamped all the Vanilla zones to bring them to a more modern state in terms of questing and graphics. They have gone on record in the past to state that revamping BC/WOLK/etc would be massive undertakings and considering the rate of leveling through that content, would it be worth it? The reasoning is why should they spend millions or massive manhours revamping content that people are going to blast through in a day /w accelerated leveling?

The only way I see them doing a MASSIVE rehaul is if they see a large decline in subs and determine the only way to save the game is to "start from scratch". They'll probably go the Square-Enix FFXIV route and add a paid "story skip" option that acts as a way to bypass older content that takes too much time to progress through.
All the problems you describe already exist. I only remember the starship troopers gnomes from Blades Edge because I'm an alliance completionist and was playing hardcore back then. I would guess that most players haven't done it.

I actually wonder how many even did the Warcraft 3 expansion mission where Jainia gets her father killed that the Warbringers short was based on... or even the Pandaria mission where Theramore is nuked.

I'm not saying they should do a Cataclysm and have rushed poor quality revamps parallel to new zones. The next expansion should just be revamps zones and nothing else, they have literally used the last of the lore in this expansion. Everything has been seen now unless they do more space stuff.

I want to see an expansion based around Lordaeron with Undercity as Alliance hub and Silvermoon as the Horde one, the story all about both sides trying to repopulate it and going to war.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I find this to be true. I'm just looking for pure speed at this point. Limiting downtime between mobs but with the ability to kill boss quest mobs if necessary.

If you plan to go tank leveling you need to pull everything though. Fighting anything less then three or or four mobs at a time is slower then doing single or double pulls as a dps. I leveled my warrior as prot and it would take me almost as long to kill the last solo mob then the 9 I pulled at once when I first got to the quest area.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don’t get the hate for TSM4 look, and the new formulas are nice enough, still until they get it all ironed out better I am going to continue using TSM3 not sure why you guys don’t just stick with it.
Well it updated through curse and I'm too lazy and I like to bitch. I've been using it just fine

• 1Solidarity

Cybsled

I'm not saying they should do a Cataclysm and have rushed poor quality revamps parallel to new zones. The next expansion should just be revamps zones and nothing else, they have literally used the last of the lore in this expansion. Everything has been seen now unless they do more space stuff.

You win BFA
Instead of the expected finale cutscene, the game suddenly pulls out, showing you as a person with a VR Headset.
All of your WoW history has been this person playing the game in their universe.
Person puts down the headset and looks out the window, seeing a news blotter that talks about Overwatch being restored
WoW is now gone. You are now playing the Project Titan MMO /w an Overwatch theme

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
No raids for a few weeks but startspicing it up.

I'm trying to get someone to make a SLURPS UP emote because people think it's hilarious

I just fullscreen you and pretend I’m at the big raid as I wait to change diapers.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Hmmm. That sucks; is this true for all classes? My hunter is only 118 but I can still pull 5+ mobs at a time and kill them pretty easily

No, it doesn't apply to pet classes. They can solo as well or better than guardian.

• 1Like

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Absolutely. On brm at 110 first getting there I was pulling 10-20 mobs, killing them fast, and barely getting hurt. At 120 and 312 if I pull 4-5 they might get me down to 25% hp - sometimes I need to run. It feels as bad as it sounds.

Damn, glad I'm not going crazy. The scaling for world mobs once you hit 120 seemed a bit whack.

• 1Solidarity

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PSA: Once you unlock world quests at 120, your flight master's whistle works in the new zones.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
We're talking about questing in the open world. Disc is one of the best specs for that at current gear levels.