World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Man it's fucking retarded how easy it is to make gold at the start of an expac. I am kicking myself for not having time to ass rape the WoW morons. So here is an example last night I logged in for a few minutes bought darkmoon cards off the AH converted 2 of them into full decks and make 200k profit with really no effort. If I had time I would be wheeling and dealing the BoE markets while the getting is good. Plus I am sure enchanting is making fat stacks of cash as it always has done.

Would be tough to flip effectively right now. TSM4 is pretty much completely broken. And even when you can get it to scan properly it takes forever and a day. But on the bright side every new version they release seems to make it worse!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
I seriously hate that they broke World Quest grouping addons.

And they really stop anything either. They just forced grouping addons to add an extra step of making players add a 6 digit quest ID into a pop up before you search for groups. Guess the plus side is I'm getting really fast at typing numbers with the numpad.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Sitting at 340 boomkin now, questing still feels like shit. Can't just pull 10 mobs dot dot, starfall and move on with everything dead and all non elite mobs do so much damage relative to your health.

• 1Picard

Chris

Potato del Grande
With the levelling issues, next expansion they basically need to scrap everything before Mists of Pandaria. There no point maintaining the "World" of Warcraft when everyone is funnelled into only the new zones.

Have a starting zone then give you the option of Pandaria/Warlords to one level milestone then Legion/BfA to another.

What they should then do is have the next expansion be the last one or "WoW 2" and remake Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor to the quality and size they had for Legion/BfA. Have a "levelling" version of the zone and then a "endgame" version with world quests.

It's crazy that a small island like Kul Tiras which was originally meant to be one zone, is a continent the size of Lordaeron. Same for Broken Isles.

This will take a long time so focus on one area at a time. For example just remake all the Lordaeron zones first which is a full expansions worth of content. Once enough has been remade then scrap Pandaria/Warlords and remake those to the current quality level too. Maybe Legion/BfA can be kept since they have the world quests.

Merge the fucking reps too, how many versions of Cenarion Circle are there??

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I love Stormgarde lol. WE AREN'T WORSHIPPING THE OLD GODS OK? WE JUST LIKE BUILDING GIANT TENTACLE TEMPLES.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

With the levelling issues, next expansion they basically need to scrap everything before Mists of Pandaria. There no point maintaining the "World" of Warcraft when everyone is funnelled into only the new zones.

Have a starting zone then give you the option of Pandaria/Warlords to one level milestone then Legion/BfA to another.

What they should then do is have the next expansion be the last one or "WoW 2" and remake Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor to the quality and size they had for Legion/BfA. Have a "levelling" version of the zone and then a "endgame" version with world quests.

It's crazy that a small island like Kul Tiras which was originally meant to be one zone, is a continent the size of Lordaeron. Same for Broken Isles.

This will take a long time so focus on one area at a time. For example just remake all the Lordaeron zones first which is a full expansions worth of content. Once enough has been remade then scrap Pandaria/Warlords and remake those to the current quality level too. Maybe Legion/BfA can be kept since they have the world quests.

Merge the fucking reps too, how many versions of Cenarion Circle are there??

That is -alot- of content to snip, though. There are also lots of callbacks to older content that would also get missed if you didn't have context. Even tiny stuff, like the Starship Trooper parody gnomes from Burning Crusade showing up in BFA. On the flipside, though, with accelerated leveling you aren't going to see lots of the old content unless you are a completionist. I skipped WoD and when I had to level through it on my alt (used level boost for my main), I pretty much only saw the first zone and got the fuck out once I was high enough to use Legion content for leveling.

However, the thing to realize is that old zone revamp is unto itself a full time job. This happened in Cata when they revamped all the Vanilla zones to bring them to a more modern state in terms of questing and graphics. They have gone on record in the past to state that revamping BC/WOLK/etc would be massive undertakings and considering the rate of leveling through that content, would it be worth it? The reasoning is why should they spend millions or massive manhours revamping content that people are going to blast through in a day /w accelerated leveling?

The only way I see them doing a MASSIVE rehaul is if they see a large decline in subs and determine the only way to save the game is to "start from scratch". They'll probably go the Square-Enix FFXIV route and add a paid "story skip" option that acts as a way to bypass older content that takes too much time to progress through.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
RE: Bolded.

But you get "talents" from your gear! That unlock by enslaving yourself to your neck piece!

On the serious, you mean you haven't gotten any new spells since level 80ish. Gaining only two talents between 80-110 (now that Legion artifacts are dead in addition to Draenor Perks) is basically where things are right now. Pretty awesome character progression there! I have something to look forward to! ... ... ... ... /s

No. 100% false. I settled on my moonkin druid in WOD because I really enjoyed the timing based system and starfall in that xpac was just hilarious. Legion completely redid the system away from eclipse and even when spells kept the name they could be new, and at minimum the rotation design was all new. This appeared true for others, eg shadow priest, lots of new shit.

BFA? Literally identical to legion in every way except without the artifact weapon. So nothing new except I lost one spell. With the starfall changes I also lost a ton of skill-based aspect on top of that. When I start healing I am looking at the same: legion minus artifact.

That is pretty shitty.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

I agree the biggest problem with BFA is in terms of character power, you don't feel like you have progressed since Legion. The artifact weapon gave you all sorts of abilities and ability modifiers and those are stripped away. Even if you get them back eventually under this new HoA system, you only feel like you've regained what you already had and lost. So it feels more like "getting your character back" vs. "getting my character more powerful", which isn't the best leveling experience.

I mean, I get the theory behind it: We tell players this shit is temporary and isn't base class design, so we can revamp/reset each expansion and avoid runaway mudflation. But that isn't how human psychology works. Even if you are told something isn't permanent, if there is a noticable difference between the temporary state and the base state, and the base state feels shittier than the temporary state, then the temporary state in the person's mind -IS- the base state and now they feel like they have been nerfed.

• 1Like

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Guardian is the most boring playstyle ever, but you will kill everything. Slowly, but everything, with no danger whatsoever.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
They should wrap up the Azeroth story and start a new one on another planet. They could do a castaway type of situation.

Azeroth is resolved and for the most part everyone is getting along despite some minor disputes. Another planet with hospitable conditions is found through the use of portal work left by the Legion. People are tired of Azeroth and its bullshit, so migrate to the new world to start new lives. There's some minor issues so they send you - the hero - to the new world as a neutral party and with a history of protecting society.

Something goes wrong and shit hits the fan - connection with Azeroth is lost and you're injured in the episode. Comatose for a long time and having been cut off from Azeroth (your true source of strength), you awaken some time later to a world that wasn't as hopeful as people believed. Things aren't rosy and people are salty as fuck that you were lying down on the job while they struggled. You have to go out there and prove yourself again. People guilt trip you sometimes though.

You can still use your old character, but its not the same one anymore. That road closes off and Azeroth content is a dead end now. Your character still exists but also gets "copied" to the new world as a level 1. You keep a lot of cosmetic nonsense but not all of it. You can start from the new world as a new character too, skipping the old world altogether.

You leave the old content intact for those who want to play through it any time, but you have a fresh new world that doesn't have the hindrance of the old one.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Guardian is the most boring playstyle ever, but you will kill everything. Slowly, but everything, with no danger whatsoever.

I find this to be true. I'm just looking for pure speed at this point. Limiting downtime between mobs but with the ability to kill boss quest mobs if necessary.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Would be tough to flip effectively right now. TSM4 is pretty much completely broken. And even when you can get it to scan properly it takes forever and a day. But on the bright side every new version they release seems to make it worse!

Well TSM running solid makes things a ton easier and allows you to do much more at once, but honestly I haven't even set up TSM with any BFA stuff. You don't need TSM to see markets easy to exploit though. Here is an example.

Last night I bought out all of the 3 of blockades cards there were 24 on the AH I bought them at an average of 3500 gold. Then I listed 2 of them last night at 40k each sold them out so I am have pretty much recouped my investment already and have 22 more 3 of blockades cards. As of today they have dropped back down to 20k and I am sure over the weekend they will go back to the cheap shitty price but who gives a fuck I can drop the remainder at any price and come out way ahead. I can also trade them around pretty easy if I try while the AH price is high. So you dont need TSM to rip morons off.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I find this to be true. I'm just looking for pure speed at this point. Limiting downtime between mobs but with the ability to kill boss quest mobs if necessary.
I can tell you I leveled through bfa as guardian even though I plan on being boomkin. When ever I would go chicken shit would kill me. Guardian I was able to solo everything no issue. As a bear I was killing as fast as the dps toons around me.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well TSM running solid makes things a ton easier and allows you to do much more at once, but honestly I haven't even set up TSM with any BFA stuff. You don't need TSM to see markets easy to exploit though. Here is an example.

Last night I bought out all of the 3 of blockades cards there were 24 on the AH I bought them at an average of 3500 gold. Then I listed 2 of them last night at 40k each sold them out so I am have pretty much recouped my investment already and have 22 more 3 of blockades cards. As of today they have dropped back down to 20k and I am sure over the weekend they will go back to the cheap shitty price but who gives a fuck I can drop the remainder at any price and come out way ahead. I can also trade them around pretty easy if I try while the AH price is high. So you dont need TSM to rip morons off.

It's just really piss poor on TSM's part especially considering they have a paid for, premium service. TSM4 isn't even in a usable beta state let alone release state and the UI changes are... I don't even know what to say about them. Completely unintuitive. TSM3 may have been ugly but it worked and was easy to navigate.

I really want to buy the AH mount because it's pretty convenient being able to leave one of my toons mounted and on the AH while I drag it around on my main just scanning for deals. Im waiting until revered for the discount though because that's a pretty significant price drop.

Last edited: