World of Warcraft: Current Year

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The most annoying thing about Ranged is the degree to which you are forced into being a turret in a game that is almost entirely now about positioning and movement.

Argarth

On the verandah
DX12 - AT LAST - 8.1

edit: (from wowhead)
How to Test the Settings on PTR
In order to test the new optimizations on PTR yourself, all you need to do is to set your Graphics API to DirectX 12, under System > Advanced settings, close your game and then add the following lines to the end of your Config.wtf file, located inside the WTF folder in your PTR installation:
SET gxMTPrepass "1"
SET gxMTOpaque "1"
SET gxMTDisable "0"
SET gxMTBeginDraw "1"
SET gxMTShadow "1"

Last edited:

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
New Factions
Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
  • Voldunai (Paragon) - Comprised of exiles and scavengers, the Voldunai use their knowledge of the sands to thrive where others would wither and die.
  • Order of Embers (Paragon) - An ancient Kul Tiran order resurrected to battle the threat of witchcraft, the Order of Embers fights with knowledge guiding their blades.
  • 7th Legion (Paragon) - A elite special force delegation of the Alliance army, currently focused on disrupting Horde operations in Zandalar.
  • The Honorbound (Paragon) - A special delegation of the Horde army, focused on disrupting Alliance operations in Kul Tiras.
  • Champions of Azeroth (Paragon) - Enlisted by Magni Bronzebeard, the Champions of Azeroth seek to heal the wounds caused by Sargeras' burning blade and save a dying world.
  • Tortollan Seekers (Paragon) - Traversing the world, the Tortollan Seekers wield their immense wealth to catalogue and preserve forbidden knowledge.
People have been asking for them to put this back in and it looks like they are going to do just that. I really could care less overall but if they add more RNG mounts to this shit then I am just gonna shake my head in disappointment.

I would rather finish their shit rep and never look back than grind it over and over like Legion for the chance at the only item you give a shit about but may never see. I guess this is the new solution to ensure people grind WQ's until the end of the xpac.

The beauty of Legion was that I actually had fun clearing the World Quests and had several things tied to them that had a direct impact on my character's progression. I managed to pick up all of the faction mounts just by happenstance, and wasn't anything I was directly working towards. Right now I'm not even logging in except to clear Emissaries, maybe run around to get enough War Resources for the week. Even if mounts were a reward, I wouldn't be hitting those paragons very often, nor would they be encouragement enough for me to clear them regularly. I'm not even exalted with everyone yet. Just Honorbound, close on BoA and Zul, the rest about 75%.... If I wasn't locked in for another 3 months I wouldn't even be bothering to login right now until the next raid tier.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
melee are also significantly easier to play and get no mechanics in raids other than crowding, so there's that.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
One of the ranged caster issues this go round is all of them seem to be a lot more turrety than the last couple expansions aside from beast mastery hunters. Even affliction needs to hard cast their big damaging power to apply it. Now add in a lot of fights with high movement and you start seeing ranged falling behind melee damage wise which makes people gravitate to the higher DPS classes that also have no problems with mobility.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Part of it is shit like DH being op in damn near every scenario since they have been released. Same with DK's, Monks seem the be the only one that isn't blatantly OP nonstop since they have been released, well aside from Brew.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
MW and WW were both doing pretty damn well for a while in Legion.

Wonder if I'm finally going to be able to benefit from SLI...

SLI is hamstrung by a lot of different implementation issues. CPU multithreading is an entirely different beast.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
DK was up-and-down across the board in Legion. They couldn't get Frost straight sometimes, Blood was soft until they were given Souldrinker, and Unholy had to be modified sometimes.

WW and BRM monks were funky because they didn't rely on weapon damage, so they had to keep modifying the percentage bonuses almost every tier. Then on top of that, both were highly dependent on the actual tier set bonuses and sometimes you'd have pieces from the next tier on hand but wouldn't use them until you have mythic level of that tier because the bonuses from the previous tier were still so strong.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Time to demand a real ranged tank. Oh yeah. I mean, they're trying their best to turn hunters into melee, so they must be willing to stray from the path, right?
I would love to see a warlock as a ranged tank. I remember one expansion think it was the start of MoP where demonolgy locks were pretty tanky.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I mean AQ40 and TBC Grulls lair had 2 fights that used a ranged / lock tank. Then again this was back when the game still had some RPG elements to it.

• 1Like

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Wasn't there a mage tank fight early on too? Can't remember which fight, but I remember that happening.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wasn't there a mage tank fight early on too? Can't remember which fight, but I remember that happening.
Gruul's Lair and the Black Temple council fight, iirc. Part of Kael'thas in Tempest Keep (with the "legendary" weapon drop), also iirc.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
In bc mages tanked gruuls lair and illdari council in bt. Locks tanked leotharis in ssc one add on kael and illidan in bt. They really liked the caster tank back then

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I distinctly remember using two warriors on twin emps in AQ unless I am retarded (i am)

Wasn't the range tank the first boss?