World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Are you shitting me?

Yet I don't get weapon rewards based on spec that I am using?!?!
The rewards are "any spec you could be". Hence why my BM hunter that has always been BM except for 2hours when I had to pick the other artefact weapons to get the class mount got a halberd reward this weekend (the same halberd I mentioned for the feral druid).

But, based on what the CM said, the game tracks your highest ilvl ever looted and awards the emissary reward based on that... but it looks like it previously tracked that based on spec. That is, if you looted an item that the game thought would be "only for feral", it would increase your looted ilvl only for further feral rewards... and it looks like some armor is not tagged for every spec.

In simpler words, they overcomplicated their system, and the result was broken in some cases.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
already got all 3 azerite pieces at 370 so not really that bothered but quests only showing 355 rewards, my Ilvl is 371 whole system be fucked. To be fair I am quite enjoying the game again but I never really played in Legion or MoP so not got much to compare it to. I just need to find myself a late night raiding guilding on EU horde, see loads on alliance side on differnt servers but don't want to drop all that money on a fraction and server change.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The rewards are "any spec you could be". Hence why my BM hunter that has always been BM except for 2hours when I had to pick the other artefact weapons to get the class mount got a halberd reward this weekend (the same halberd I mentioned for the feral druid).

But, based on what the CM said, the game tracks your highest ilvl ever looted and awards the emissary reward based on that... but it looks like it previously tracked that based on spec. That is, if you looted an item that the game thought would be "only for feral", it would increase your looted ilvl only for further feral rewards... and it looks like some armor is not tagged for every spec.

In simpler words, they overcomplicated their system, and the result was broken in some cases.
I mean how god damn hard is this crap?! Make the WQs based on your loot spec. PROBLEMS SOLVED

BLIZZ PLZ HIRE ME

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
I leveled from 85 to 100 (very close to 101) overnight and what the shit my dudes

For some reason Gorgorond quests give like 10k more xp than the quests in frostfire. Also there's the obvious 900 treasures to pick up that give 18-25k per. Now to decide if I actually want to push to clear m0s and maybe a low key this week or just say fuck it and only log on to level via invasions until bfa levels

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I leveled from 85 to 100 (very close to 101) overnight and what the shit my dudes

For some reason Gorgorond quests give like 10k more xp than the quests in frostfire. Also there's the obvious 900 treasures to pick up that give 18-25k per. Now to decide if I actually want to push to clear m0s and maybe a low key this week or just say fuck it and only log on to level via invasions until bfa levels

What's the experience reward for the bonus objectives in Gorgrond at 100? That place has a ton of them and so leveling there is crazy good, especially since its packed.

xzi

Mouthbreather
not sure, I left at 99 and cleared them all, they were all giving like 110k+ before I left though. Pretty sure they get nerfed immediately when you out level the content but I could be wrong.

also I mean I'll accept a full blown carry of a fresh 120 shaman if you're offering

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Yep, if things haven't changed, they get nerfed immediately at 100 to like 15-20k.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't know ho wlong I can hold off the itch to return playing. Probably hang up the tanking laurels for awhile, and by that I mean probably 3 days before I'm back in there slamming out M+ and raids

• 1Jonesing

Khane

Got something right about marriage
WoD is the leveling experience we all want. Once you get to the worst expansion they've ever put out you're happy to be there. I think that was the point of the leveling changes. The assholes who made WoD got put in charge of leveling and decided they were gonna "prove" they did a "good job" with that shit expac by making everyone wish the rest of the game was like it for leveling.

• 1Mic Drop

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
New Factions
Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
  • Voldunai (Paragon) - Comprised of exiles and scavengers, the Voldunai use their knowledge of the sands to thrive where others would wither and die.
  • Order of Embers (Paragon) - An ancient Kul Tiran order resurrected to battle the threat of witchcraft, the Order of Embers fights with knowledge guiding their blades.
  • 7th Legion (Paragon) - A elite special force delegation of the Alliance army, currently focused on disrupting Horde operations in Zandalar.
  • The Honorbound (Paragon) - A special delegation of the Horde army, focused on disrupting Alliance operations in Kul Tiras.
  • Champions of Azeroth (Paragon) - Enlisted by Magni Bronzebeard, the Champions of Azeroth seek to heal the wounds caused by Sargeras' burning blade and save a dying world.
  • Tortollan Seekers (Paragon) - Traversing the world, the Tortollan Seekers wield their immense wealth to catalogue and preserve forbidden knowledge.
People have been asking for them to put this back in and it looks like they are going to do just that. I really could care less overall but if they add more RNG mounts to this shit then I am just gonna shake my head in disappointment.

I would rather finish their shit rep and never look back than grind it over and over like Legion for the chance at the only item you give a shit about but may never see. I guess this is the new solution to ensure people grind WQ's until the end of the xpac.

xzi

Mouthbreather
iirc they already said they won't be adding mounts to paragon a few QAs ago. Who knows if they actually see that plan through though, it is blizzard.

Also yes, WoD leveling is god tier. Honestly it's the best questing they have EVER made, and it was what gave me so much hope for WoD as an expansion. I was like.. god damn dude I'm enjoying this?????? but then the rest of WoD happened

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I don't know ho wlong I can hold off the itch to return playing. Probably hang up the tanking laurels for awhile, and by that I mean probably 3 days before I'm back in there slamming out M+ and raids
I don't get you. If you want to be casual, come be casual. We have a guild all about that. And we need ranged, so play your lock.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
No one gets me. I had to stop playing because I'm pretty angry with the expansion but also had some crazy RL stuff happening (and still is). But still here I am in the thread, so.. you know.. retarded (sorry hiroaki and Roma)

• 1Worf

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
There are 2 more melee specs than ranged specs. But mage, warlock & hunter make up 8/11 of those ranged specs. So you'll always feel like you see more melee. Ranged always seems underrepresented, yet they are always in high demand. In addition to that, elemental and shadow are absolutely horrible right now, so the only real ranged classes you see are mage, warlock, hunter & druid.

Meanwhile you got monk, paladin, rogue, death knight, shaman, warrior & demon hunter who can all play melee dps. So I don't think it is a cool thing. There are just more melee than ranged specs/classes.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Are just all the "cool" classes melee? Ranged just seem so underrepresented despite the demand.

Said it a few times but every expac I would tell people to roll ranged - in hopes that some would actually listen. Despite this, every time the raids started it'd be like 90% melee.

I think melee is a bit flashier. I loved playing Warlock and thought it was fun, though.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Ranged classes are good times, but the channeling really fucks you up on encounters. I think that's partly what appeals to people more about melee, since a lot of it is instant attacks and "energy"-based versus mana pools.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Time to demand a real ranged tank. Oh yeah. I mean, they're trying their best to turn hunters into melee, so they must be willing to stray from the path, right?

xzi

Mouthbreather
hey my new main is gonna be rank 1 ele in the world

cause I'll be the only ele in the world

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users