World of Warcraft: Current Year

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yes, heirlooms are garbage after prepatch.

WoD is definitely the way to go for leveling post-patch, even if you don't have SpergWarrior powers it's easy 8hours to cap.

Balmung

Peasant
If things stay as they are planned, I'll be leveling an entire new gaggle of characters through WoD. 5-6 hours to get from 1-50 is just too good to pass up. I can knock out two in a day if I'm bored and have the time. Anyone know if Azeroth Autopilot works with level squish on prepatch? I want to level with as little effort as possible.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Heirlooms are somewhat nice to have gear in all of these slots always up to date since quests aren't the greatest if you don't do sidequests or do older shit(cata items are fucking trash in the standard leveling iirc), but yeah they're not worth investing any money to upgrade them unless you're bored.

I don't think Azeroth autopilot was updated yet but they're working on it, so they might have something, if only just one expansion's path, which would probably be WoD if they don't rescale shit. There were quite a few bugs in alpha with the leveling though, like NPCs you get in quests don't scale properly(they one shot stuff) and sometimes you get quest rewards that aren't scaled down(I got lvl 52 blue gear from quests at lvl 25ish) and it felt very unfinished. The expansions are poorly balanced and it seems they're not doing fuck to fix it before prepatch, so it's possible they'll slap some random nerfs on shit to slow down WoD and make it complete ass because they overdo it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
Heirlooms are somewhat nice to have gear in all of these slots always up to date since quests aren't the greatest if you don't do sidequests or do older shit
This was the main reason why I always used heirlooms. XP was so fast that I would breeze through areas and most of the starter quests I was getting in areas didn't give much for gear.

Balmung

Peasant
I'm surprisingly annoyed that I can't get the gorilla-bear form for druid anymore. So annoyed that it has been keeping me from even playing the class. I understand limited run mounts, titles, etc, but an entire unique druid form just doesn't sit well with me. I would always feel incomplete. I know it's petty, but fuck it. Supposedly enhance shaman and ww monk are garbage tier in higher level content. Which is annoying because ww monk is probably the most fun melee, slightly ahead of sub rogue.

It seems like for every fun thing there is an equally annoying thing nagging at you from a dark corner.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Still no pre-patch announcement. Is it only going to last two weeks this time around? Not that it matters I guess, since they took all the fun out of the zombie infection stuff.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Still no pre-patch announcement. Is it only going to last two weeks this time around? Not that it matters I guess, since they took all the fun out of the zombie infection stuff.

Newest PTR build is labeled " Release Candidate " so hopefully next week.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
All of the content that has been developed for GW2 throughout the years is still relevant and still run by people. Every single bit of it (the one exception being season 1) and it gives the game a ridiculous amount of depth-of-play.

WoW has become a surface deep game built ontop of the landfill of previous killed content and design.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
My daughter decided to play so I’ve been leveling up with her. When we hit Mists even she hated it. Cutscenes, npcs prattling on endlessly, phased quests. The game just gets fucking weird. They need to spend more time on the world and the shit in it and let people go out , explore and kill. The story is whatever I’m doing and always has been.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
MoP was great your daughter is an ungrateful bitch and should stick to Animal Crossing.

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 9 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Cutscenes, npcs prattling on endlessly, phased quests.
Have you ever quested in Uldum during Cata? That was worse.

In hindsight the questing experience in WoD was great after they reduced the cutscenes and NPC scripts. MoP is not a bad experience though, as you can skip most cutscenes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user