World of Warcraft: Current Year

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
It's checking checkboxes. Management likes checking checkboxes, so they do it in an least effort way possible.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noice_noise

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm not saying the covenant system is good, just that, if they get 80% of the abilities tuned fairly close (to what they want), then it will be a slightly better tasting shit sandwich (when compared to the 8.0 azurite shit sandwich).

Furthermore, the BFA islands fucking sucked, and they gimped me more than any covenant looks to do, because I refused to do them after the first week.

Maybe I just have shit tinted glasses on, though; as I actually believed them, when they said Azurite would replace set bonuses and change how you play.

You are not alone. That being said, has anyone have more info on their experiences from beta? I really tried to like BFA but everything just felt like a letdown, or was just nerfed. Maybe it's just best to wait till the 2nd patch of the expansion before purchasing.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I couldn't remember if WoW had any black humans.

Vanilla had stuff for black humans:

The_Stonefield_Farm.jpg

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You know I was thinking about how the M+ loot is getting nerfed to 1 item a run and the less than heroic quality, plus preventing things like armor stacking. I wonder if they are doing some of that to fight the mass number of people boosting for cash? I mean Bliz is to lazy to actually stop gold trading, botting, exploiting, etc. - but they could just make it not worth the time.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if they are doing some of that to fight the mass number of people boosting for cash?
Last I saw them the boosters advertised "get a 470 item in your weekly box" and the "5 masks visions run", plus many achievements and mount runs. Also, most of them offer "item traders". I assume that means there are players in the run with the same armor class trading you their loot at the end.

Rime

<Donor>
The 'Great Vault' and the changes to M+ loot are absolutely a stab at trying to cut out the M+ runners. It will reduce some of their business, but it will not stop it by any means.

I have no doubt, that if there was no RMT involved in it, that Blizzard would endorse it wholeheartedly. They just want their cut (Tokens).

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I wonder if EverQuest would be okay today or not. Vaguely western european humans were Qeynos, vaguely middle-eastern humans were Freeport. Halas had the ultrawhite nordic types as Barbarians and the Odus was basically Wakanda with the Erudites.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You know I was thinking about how the M+ loot is getting nerfed to 1 item a run and the less than heroic quality, plus preventing things like armor stacking. I wonder if they are doing some of that to fight the mass number of people boosting for cash? I mean Bliz is to lazy to actually stop gold trading, botting, exploiting, etc. - but they could just make it not worth the time.

There will stil be M+ boosting for more weekly Vault options and ilvl. Also, Blizzard loot-starving everyone for Shadowlands is to raise their MAU (Monthly Active User) numbers. More people online = more subs and services sales. "You see guys, now they'll NEED to get online if they want anything".

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There will still be M+ boosting for more weekly Vault options and ilvl. Also, Blizzard loot-starving everyone for Shadowlands is to raise their MAU (Monthly Active User) numbers. More people online = more subs and services sales. "You see guys, now they'll NEED to get online if they want anything".

Exactly this.

The WF/TF system kept people playing, by giving that chance at winning the ultimate loot, every time you run it. I am sure there was a, not insignificant, subset of people that chased those max TF items for 100s of hours, whereas otherwise they would have quit playing/logging on. In order to sell the removal of WF/TF to the bosses, they had to implement a system that would counteract the impact, of the change, on the metrics they give to investors.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
We'll get a much better idea on how ready or not this is later in the week. They're doing a character wipe on Wednesday which will make it easier to determine what is actually bugged or not. Right now there's a lot of characters permanently fucked up because of changes to questlines they were halfway through, etc.

I plan to level a fresh character 50-60 doing only the campaign quests, no side quests at all, minimal rested exp, and see if it's possible to hit 60 that way.

Fucker

Log Wizard
You'd think that the artists would soften the features; something to make it more relatable. Apparently NOPE, not a thing. You could cut a block of cheese with those features.

Not all black people look like they just stood on the deck of the Amistad tossing the last white man over. That variety is the key to making it look sort of ok; just making it "Angry Black Woman" and frndz does none of that.

Happy now? New gnome. I call him....Gary Colemagn.
erg.jpg
reg.jpg

• 1Worf

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Be real nice if I could just buy Shadowlands now and get BFA. I'd like to start messing around on a couple classes and see what i wanna play but I'm not gonna pay full price for BOTH when the content all gets invalidated in less than a month.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I plan to level a fresh character 50-60 doing only the campaign quests, no side quests at all, minimal rested exp, and see if it's possible to hit 60 that way.

Don't waste your time. You were able to do that and Blizzard didn't like it, so they nerfed it. Also they added level checkpoints at the end of each zone, so you can't progress to the next one if you aren't the right level. Guy in beta did a video about it. Here's the relevant info from Wowhead.

Leveling Speed in Shadowlands

In Shadowlands, leveling will progress about 60-70% faster for 1-50, compared to the time it now takes to get from 1-120.

Levels will also become more meaningful, with something new awarded on every "ding".

Leveling speed for 50-60 takes a huge leap forward, so you will not fly through the levels. In beta, characters could get to 60 by doing only the zone campaign without any side quests, but this has been changed so more will be needed to level up beyond just following the base zone campaign quests.

Here's the video, the level checkpoints are posted at the end.

Edit: Also, something that doesn't make sense to me at all. They say 1-50 will be 60-70% faster than current 1-120. How is this better? With the current double xp buff that's been running a while, plus 45% heirloom and 30% Warmode, it's 175% faster than base right now. So, once pre-patch hits, and double xp goes away, along with heirloom buff it will be roughly the same as heirloom + pvp - 2x. Doesn't seem faster to me. Unless you run warmode it's a little better, but doing that during a new expansion launch will probably negate the bonus anyway.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Don't waste your time. You were able to do that and Blizzard didn't like it, so they nerfed it. Also they added level checkpoints at the end of each zone, so you can't progress to the next one if you aren't the right level. Guy in beta did a video about it. Here's the relevant info from Wowhead.

Leveling Speed in Shadowlands

In Shadowlands, leveling will progress about 60-70% faster for 1-50, compared to the time it now takes to get from 1-120.

Levels will also become more meaningful, with something new awarded on every "ding".

Leveling speed for 50-60 takes a huge leap forward, so you will not fly through the levels. In beta, characters could get to 60 by doing only the zone campaign without any side quests, but this has been changed so more will be needed to level up beyond just following the base zone campaign quests.

Here's the video, the level checkpoints are posted at the end.

Edit: Also, something that doesn't make sense to me at all. They say 1-50 will be 60-70% faster than current 1-120. How is this better? With the current double xp buff that's been running a while, plus 45% heirloom and 30% Warmode, it's 175% faster than base right now. So, once pre-patch hits, and double xp goes away, along with heirloom buff it will be roughly the same as heirloom + pvp - 2x. Doesn't seem faster to me. Unless you run warmode it's a little better, but doing that during a new expansion launch will probably negate the bonus anyway.
It's faster than current 1-120, with xp boosts(current temp one and heirloom). At least on beta it was that much faster for me, and I did the BFA leveling without flying. It's just a shit ton faster and it does feel better since you get new things almost every levels, although sometimes the things are kinda meh(like a passive that makes a skill the way it was to begin with, tons of these).

Raes

Vyemm Raider
It's faster than current 1-120, with xp boosts(current temp one and heirloom). At least on beta it was that much faster for me, and I did the BFA leveling without flying. It's just a shit ton faster and it does feel better since you get new things almost every levels, although sometimes the things are kinda meh(like a passive that makes a skill the way it was to begin with, tons of these).

Cool. Sounds like maybe their math was off. I didn't dig deeper to try to find a blue post or anything. What you're saying sounds more like what I would expect it to be. Now if only they would get rid of this stupid pathfinder bullshit. I know they're removing it from WoD and Legion, but it's so unnecessary. Just let me fly once my main reaches max level for fucks sake.

• 1Like

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
There was a video I was watching that did each expansion 1-50. WoD was the fastest at roughly 6 hours to 50. BFA was around 17 hours 1-50. Legion was 13 hours.