World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The only required addon I can even think of is DBM.. and even then, I guess you could play without it. DBM just makes it easier to figure stuff out.

I dont even know anyone that uses a rotation helper.

For some classes weak auras is really handy or something like it. Take demo warlocks nothing in the default guy really gives you a count of how many pets are currently active which is annoying. Some stuffs default animation/sound are hard to see in a scrum and its nice to be able to put more obvious notifications for certain things. Some classed require it more than others. DBM I think especially if you are a tank is a must have. It is just too hard to track the tank swapping stuff you have to watch for in the sea of randoms hit in the default gui.

Overall I play pretty much base UI but my tanks all have DBM setup and some have weak auras if the default GUI does not give me the info I want and a DPS monitor as its nice when trying to figure out what you are doing to fine tune your rotation and gear.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You don't "Need" addon's but the sheer amount of useful information in logical locations with them vs without is night and day difference in performance. There is a reason so many addons move the character and enemy bars to the center middle instead of the top left. It's so you have key important information front and center. Can you play without that sure you can but it's such a basic thing that improves the quality of the game it is baffling Bliz doesn't do it, and that's just one example of many.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I am a fan of addons/WA so no argument from me really.

The way blizzard implemented stagger tracking is dumb. You get a bar that goes to 100% (your health pool) and stops there. Then you have green/yellow/red debuffs letting you know what level stagger you're at. You have to hover that debuff, see how much your stagger dot is at, divide that over 20 (or 10, can't remember) and that's what you're ticking at. It could even be that it just shows you how much it's ticking for. It's so useless Idon't even remember

Or... just a weak aura telling me what real % I'm at is fine...

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Method keeps wiping on G'huun at like 6%.

I wonder if Limit extended their lockout or let it reset.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Of course they extended. They also have a full day to try it with some better gear (mythic cache) and the benefit of watching method stream for the past day and a half. I don't personally think they will kill it, but this is the best chance they will ever have.

Ryoz

<Donor>
We've all met, played with, and played against a few Asmongolds in our time as gamers. I find something incredibly charming about someone like him finding such success through the unhealthy gamer lifestyle many of us have flirted with at one point or another.

He's like an avatar or patron saint of the unwashed mmo rabble.

I couldn’t do it. I mean just look at the guy. He’s making a lot of money but the rest of his life looks horrible.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
So I'll admit I might have misinterpreted your comment. If what you are saying is that Blizzard has done absolutely nothing to leverage their own interface in order to bring new players up to speed I completely agree. However addons are here to stay and its more the failure of Blizzards part to not integrate them into the base game. I mean the coding is already there you lazy fucks what are you waiting for? These idiots literally don't have a clue on how to road map this game.

I'm of the opinion that yes, the default UI sucks especially for new players in "difficult" content and Add-Ons bridge the skill (experience) gap very effectively. Not completely – it won't magically turn you into a World First Mythic Raider, but the difference in competence between Little Timmy and Big Tom is real. Big AH users have a massive leg up. Leveling/quest Add-Ons make the game so easy a monkey could level at the same speed.

Add-Ons are fun. I'm not shaking my fist at the idea of Add-Ons or asking for Blizzard to shut down the API. Blizzard could update their UI, but that takes work ($$$) and would inevitably upset members of their playerbase ($$$); as much as the UI is nearly 20 years old, the game and the MMO genre haven't evolved enough to require change. The fact that the base UI is so static and in situations like Booze mentions, often opts for a casual aesthetic rather than hardcore performance invites players to heavily use Add-Ons.

The base game/UI is fine for leveling and casual content, but once you start entering into "difficult" parts of the game, Add-Ons bring a welcome boost your play.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Of course they extended. They also have a full day to try it with some better gear (mythic cache) and the benefit of watching method stream for the past day and a half. I don't personally think they will kill it, but this is the best chance they will ever have.
I would guess that as of today they go back to normal raiding and don't extend. Those mythic gear upgrades would go a long way.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
This is the first time in years where they have a chance at getting a world first kill. You think they care about gear? There is no way they don't try and extend for that world first.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I don't really follow the world first scene, but doesn't Method streaming all their shit taint anyone else getting world first as everyone is just going to attribute it to being able to crib from them?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I don't really follow the world first scene, but doesn't Method streaming all their shit taint anyone else getting world first as everyone is just going to attribute it to being able to crib from them?
The fight is so insanely AIDS that no one will be able to see the entire thing by watching them. Anyone who can navigate that fight to a world first is going to deserve it.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

They don't discuss strats, you don't get their voice comms for it. If you are able to glean what they are doing then get ahead of them from just that and on top of that manage to beat them to the world first...

more power to ya.

They did lose to Limit on the world first Mythrax kill.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
They don't discuss strats, you don't get their voice comms for it. If you are able to glean what they are doing then get ahead of them from just that and on top of that manage to beat them to the world first...

more power to ya.

They did lose to Limit on the world first Mythrax kill.

Ahh, ok. I hadn't actually checked out the stream, but had seen images of position layouts floating around and assumed comms were in use as well. I'm sure a few fanboys will still use it as an excuse, if my experience with the die-hard guild fans I've come across has shown me anything

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ahh, ok. I hadn't actually checked out the stream, but had seen images of position layouts floating around and assumed comms were in use as well. I'm sure a few fanboys will still use it as an excuse, if my experience with the die-hard guild fans I've come across has shown me anything

Not sure if you're playing right now but the mechanics in the G'Huun fight are nuts. i don't know if Mythic has additional mechanics but even if it didn't the added DPS requirements/etc and bigger damage all around make it really hard to manage. They've resorted to class stacking 4 warlocks just to manage the volleyball tournament (gotta pass a hot potato around the arena in a certain area and dunk it among several players). By comparison Cenarius in Legion was a much easier mythic race.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Streaming is also dollars + notoriety. Between all their people there's 120k+ people watching them. That's a pretty big deal in exchange for someone getting to watch what you do but not hear what you are saying. The guild leader is also at the Redbull Gaming Sphere so you have to figure there's some sponsorship stuff going on as well.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean you can literally see raid cool downs on SCO or Josh's screen so I mean you can garner a lot of information from that alone. They have like 5 or more people streaming so you can see most of the raids position relatively well as well as, most importantly, their comp. They are definitely at a disadvantage streaming and that's just an objective fact.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I got fucked in the ass with the chest. a 370 ring that sucks dick. I have so many 355+ rings now it's stupid.

Also, you can get Azerite from M+. Friend got 355 Mythic 4 Azerite chest a few days ago. I guess it's just extremely rare? Says Mythic 4 right on it.

What is your highest neck? 18 aint shit and you are right you can get it pretty quickly. Everything after, takes for fucking ever. I've had an abundance of playtime since this xpac came out. It's probably taken just about 2 weeks to go from 18 to 21. I could easily see being stuck at 19 if I only played for a few hours a night and only did M+ or raiding most of the time as neither are a particularly big source of AP.

Yeah 26+ ain't happening anytime soon for me and I play quite a bit. But I refuse to do Island expeditions and every single WQ that ever has Azerite. This is not a job. This is a game and this is my free time. It's a bummer that they are funblocking me because I don't want to do tedious shit though. Not that Azerite traits in their current form are very fun for fucksake.

• 1Repost

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Friend got 355 Mythic 4 Azerite chest a few days ago. I guess it's just extremely rare? Says Mythic 4 right on it.

You can only get Azerite Armor from the weekly M+ cache. It does not drop from end of run loot chests.