World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Given how much of a nightmare shit like 40man Thaddius were, which looking back had pretty simple mechanics compared to the fights today.
We had the same issue on all the other polarity-style fights. There was always someone "contaminating" people on Maiden and 7-8 people needing to jump before blowing instead of 3.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Eh I think 10 is too low you really needed 15-20 core raiders, 10-15 competent players, and then you filled in the last 5-10 with people who could push buttons without eating glue.
That depended on the content. When raiding MC (maybe sans Rag, who was faction locked anyway) you needed 10 competent people, but with BWL, AQ40 and finally Naxx you needed more and more skilled + geared people.

What amazed me the most was how the bottom of the barrel players would not only not improve, but actively resist to learn and get better at the game.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
What amazed me the most was how the bottom of the barrel players would not only not improve, but actively resist to learn and get better at the game.

This will never change. Even in Mythic raiding guilds you have people who refuse to download weakauras or DBM/BigWigs. And at that point it isn't about skill or being able to both look at timers/mechanics AND do damage/healing. At that point you are willfully wasting 19 other people's time. It's top tier petulant twat behavior.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That depended on the content. When raiding MC (maybe sans Rag, who was faction locked anyway) you needed 10 competent people, but with BWL, AQ40 and finally Naxx you needed more and more skilled + geared people.

I’ve never been shocked by the uselessness of the average player. Go play any FPS and at least 75% of the players in any game are absolutely terrible. Some combination of not understanding the game at all and just having no eye hand coordination. WoW attracts even worse due to the social aspects and how easy the game is until you raid, dungeon, or PvP.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
They balance Mythic around 20 people, so that is how they make the raid tier. You can raid normal & heroic with 10 people if you like, and mostly succeed. You will struggle on some fights in heroic on occasion due to certain mechanics not being ideal for so few players.

I don't think 10 man mythic raids would be very good. It would be difficult to make them challenging enough. It would also make a few classes completely irrelevant, and I realize that is already the case for some, but it would just further exacerbate this issue.

I dunno. 'Mythic' in mop was plenty fucking challenging and rewarding. My guild collapsed mid warlords because we had to double our roster, after being the second on our server to down garrosh.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I’ve never been shocked by the uselessness of the average player. Go play any FPS and at least 75% of the players in any game are absolutely terrible. Some combination of not understanding the game at all and just having no eye hand coordination. WoW attracts even worse due to the social aspects and how easy the game is until you raid, dungeon, or PvP.

You aren't far off. Any game that requires some skill is always going to have a lot of people taking up space and getting in the way. I play World of Tanks, and 50% of the team not doing anything is common. It's also not uncommon to see 3 people doing most of the work.

s6.jpg

xzi

Mouthbreather
Sounds like something a future FF14 2 day raiding guild (mondays and fridays at 9pm est) guild leader would say

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It would be nice to have active people to play with in FF 14. I pretty much just come back to do the MSQ every couple of patches and to update my crafting gear.

• 1Like

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
They fired the only community rep who ever responded on the forums, so I guess that guy felt like he had to step it up. His posts are really fucking stupid though and I wish he would just stfu.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Maybe it's just me, but boy howdy do I love getting a titanforge or warforge drop because it could have NOT titanforged or warforged! Golly what a great system.

• 1Worf

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's a skinner-boxian treadmill lacking the sufficient artistry that I require to pretend otherwise. The chores themselves that Blizzard has lined up for me to earn the different weighted pulls on the slot machine and earn my food pellet are not compelling.

It's a different issue entirely but I'm also salty that the 370 Azerite shoulders that LFR spat out for me required neck level 40 to max and the 370 shoulders I already had (and were sweet) only needed 30. Again, the artistry is completely lacking. You're going to need to put in way more work than that to get me to care about AP.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tonight I was bored, so I made a newbie Worgen toon to dick around on. I had terrible lag interacting with NPCs and looting mobs to the point I checked my router and even rolled back my video card driver that I recently updated thinking that might be the issue. I ended up just powering through it after other people complained of lag too thinking maybe Blizzard is just having server issues. Finally during the Battle of Gilneas the event bugged out *three* times and reset itself.

At that point I googled “Gilneas lag” and discovered that the entire zone has been broken for at least 3 years and most people recommend escaping it using creative pathing to swim off the edge of the zone and respawn in Westfall or having a warlock summon you out at level 1. I know WoW has been getting a lot of hate this expansion but it really blew my mind they would leave an entire zone broken to that degree for years without a fix.

xzi

Mouthbreather
It's especially disappointing to me because that's probably my favorite zone in the entire game even still, and they've done absolutely nothing with it other than use it as a 1-10 starter zone. The only other worgen areas I can even think of is the battleground and... ? I think there's a small place outside of the dark portal? It has so many unique assets just gone to waste.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Gilneas and Lost Isles were dropped opportunities from the start. They're some of the better made zones in the game (phasing shit in Gilneas aside) and they were just throwaway content for the most part. They were making some quality stuff at the time with the mass Cata content creation, but decisions around some of the process and what to do with some of it was obviously mishandled. How much of that was due to cranking too much out at once though is unknown.