World of Warcraft: Current Year

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's a Druid 5 boxer/botter that I always see in Zandalar who had 5 different AH mounts. Shit definitely pays off.

Someone in my guild did Nazjatar multiboxing with 8 toons (7 druids and his main) and he said he reached goldcap in 200 hours. I guess it "pays off" if you're either poor or living in a poor country, otherwise just get a min wage job and buy the mount with tokens. Unless you're really enjoying picking up herbs for hours.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Someone in my guild did Nazjatar multiboxing with 8 toons (7 druids and his main) and he said he reached goldcap in 200 hours. I guess it "pays off" if you're either poor or living in a poor country, otherwise just get a min wage job and buy the mount with tokens. Unless you're really enjoying picking up herbs for hours.
There's a cap of 10tokens a week or some shit, and tokens are worth 100k in the US atm, so takes 5weeks to get it, and 1k$. With a good job that's pretty fast, but it's still a lot of money, and you're actually working, while you can probably gather herbs while watching TV shows, which not every well paying job lets you do on the job.

EU tokens are like 165k so a bit better.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
He said gold cap, not token cap though gold cap in 5 "business weeks" seems impossible, so he must have meant token cap.

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, there's a ton of moonkin bots out in the world, a ton of multiboxers but the botters exist, a good example is this:

What's so special about that area? It's almost always busy on my server when I pass it on my way to kill Nalak.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What's so special about that area? It's almost always busy on my server when I pass it on my way to kill Nalak.
Just a guess, but I would imagine it's the almost immediate respawn time of NPC's there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather

hyperspawns, pretty decent raw gold for effort, quite a bit of isle specific transmogs but those are not always a reliable sell, cloth, and a massive amount of spirits of harmony which always sell

• 1Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's a cap of 10tokens a week or some shit, and tokens are worth 100k in the US atm, so takes 5weeks to get it, and 1k$. With a good job that's pretty fast, but it's still a lot of money, and you're actually working, while you can probably gather herbs while watching TV shows, which not every well paying job lets you do on the job.

EU tokens are like 165k so a bit better.

It's 20 tokens / week and I was specifically talking about EU servers. Right now the €20 token is 170k golds. To people living in countries like France or Germany €20 is not a big deal, while in some eastern countries it's kind of a hefty sum. My post was about how multiboxing is either valuable or not depending of where you live. Some people from let's say Denmark wouldn't give a damn buying 30 tokens to buy the AH mount, while in some other countries 30 tokens is like 3 months salary.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
They added catch up corruption vendor but it’s still on a rotating RNG basis is all that needs to be said. Anyone defending this shit deserves it, you are all addicted faggots.

Haha, the vendor just reset and some of them are dupes from the last time. So it's not even a rotation it's just pure RNG. What a shitshow, my guild pals who actually care about this stuff are pissed.

xzi

Mouthbreather
There aren't any dupes, there are two that are different ranks from last time though which I still don't count because they are significantly different when it comes to ranks

I still don't understand what the fuck is up with the rotation on the vendor though.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Ah ok, I haven't actually looked at the vendor just saw gchat that we got the same one as last time. So not only do you have to hope that the right type you need is on the vendor, you have to hope it's the right rank. Yep, shitshow.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Ah ok, I haven't actually looked at the vendor just saw gchat that we got the same one as last time. So not only do you have to hope that the right type you need is on the vendor, you have to hope it's the right rank. Yep, shitshow.
Blizzard loves its random.

Even when they remove the random, they have to add it back again somehow.

Daidraco

Well, to be fair - out of all the listed corruptions that they said would be on "rotation", that list did have different ranks listed. So it may not be RNG still, to be fair. But why in the hell they made it a rotation to begin with is still beyond me. So lil' Timmy may still eventually get his B rated corruption cause the rest of the games RNG is shitting on him, but he'll be two weeks before the expansion drops to get his A rated corruption. Yippee!

Thankfully, that system doesnt affect me. I got my characters ready for the expansion that I wanted to get ready, and barely log in now. I forgot to cancel my sub when I resubscribed, but I guess it's something to do when I dont want to ruin a single player game with 15 minute intervals. After Shadowland drops, I just dont see where having those essences or any corruptions is going to mean a flying fk. So other than pointing out how Blizzard shits on QoL features just so they can artificially extend subscriptions, I dont see why anyone would care at this point.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm far more okay with the vendor than the previous abortion of a system they implemented. I don't care for the rotation, but uh I was literally never going to get a gushing wounds geti'ikku in my entire life of playing the game so it's pretty dank

Daidraco

HOL UP how have I missed this.. my gods my time has come

TRANSMOGRIFY_RIGHT_SHOULDER (New) - Transmog Each Shoulder Separately

I have to admit that when I saw it, I was negative af and just assumed that they are going to fk it up some kind of way for "reasons". For example, 99% of shoulders will be locked to having both shoulders show and only a few shoulders will be able to be done individually.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
He said gold cap, not token cap though gold cap in 5 "business weeks" seems impossible, so he must have meant token cap.
Na I know what he said I was comparing it to buying it with gold and how it'd take a while to get the tokens to do that because of the token cap, but wasn't aware the cap was raised to 20, the first official article I googled on the subject is from 2015 and says 10.

The comparison was like, 100hours to buy the mount(200hours to gold cap which is 10m but the mount is half), versus the cost to buy enough tokens to have 5m, but with the weekly lockouts on them too, which was an added hassle.

It's definitely better on EU but is still 600euros for a mount, which sounds fucking retarded to me. I could afford it but no way I'd drop that kind of money on a game, at least not for a single mount, even if it does have an AH on it which is pretty convenient since blizzard loves forcing you to take 25portals to get to Orgrimmar to check shit.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They should bring WF/TF back but limit it to 5 and 10 levels respectively.

As much as WF/TF is stupid, having it so the only way to get a 475 crawg tusk or getikku is to pay to get one out of your box is even more stupid. At least with WF/TF you could run the specific dungeon until it popped.

• 1WTF

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They should bring WF/TF back but limit it to 5 and 10 levels respectively.

As much as WF/TF is stupid, having it so the only way to get a 475 crawg tusk or getikku is to pay to get one out of your box is even more stupid. At least with WF/TF you could run the specific dungeon until it popped.

NO

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I should have said for M+ only.

As it currently stands, those M+ WF/TF items still exist, they're just even more impossibly rare.