World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
Didn't play WoD, but I always heard the leveling was fun, it was mostly everything else that was shit. I've never seen anyone really waiver on that. Much like there has been praise for some of the raids in BFA. Or have people been flipping their script on the entire WoD expansion?

WoD leveling was amazing, way better than Legion & BFA. That's about all it had going for it. Raids were solid too I guess but that's just.. always true so whatever.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
\
Give it two to four years and attitudes toward BFA will change
Only morons will look back on BFA with its numerous fundamental mechanics that killed any reason to play an alt except for the last 3-4 months of the expansion will think its good. Even now with all the catch up theyve added alts are still annoying to play.

I feel bad for anyone who played a class that could only do 1 role(rogues, mages etc.)

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The people who praise BFA in the future are the same as the ones praising FF13 today.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
\

Only morons will look back on BFA with its numerous fundamental mechanics that killed any reason to play an alt except for the last 3-4 months of the expansion will think its good. Even now with all the catch up theyve added alts are still annoying to play.

I feel bad for anyone who played a class that could only do 1 role(rogues, mages etc.)

Don't feel bad for Rogues. They were kings for most of the expansion.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They added catch up corruption vendor but it’s still on a rotating RNG basis is all that needs to be said. Anyone defending this shit deserves it, you are all addicted faggots.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

They added catch up corruption vendor but it’s still on a rotating RNG basis is all that needs to be said. Anyone defending this shit deserves it, you are all addicted faggots.

I quit some months ago, so, I am no longer addicted, but, like you, I might still be a faggot.

• 4Worf

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Something can be said for paying for classic and enabling the biggest faggot of all, blizzard

• 2Worf
  • 2Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are boomkins the go to bot class in WoW atm? While going through Legion and now BFA, I've seen several either running in a scripted loop casting / looting, or standing still in a corner of an area. Their aoe's seem to be fairly large. Reminds me a lot of the zerker bots in BDO that changed the radius of their spin to win skill.

xzi

Mouthbreather

Still infinitely better than what was in place. It's fucking stupid, but I'll take a 3-4 day rotation over getting +vers corruption for 2 months in a row. On top of still randomly getting corruption.

Nobody likes it, but it's WAY fucking better. You can build your character exactly how you'd like. It's exactly the correct direction they should be going, it's just retarded it's on rotation.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are boomkins the go to bot class in WoW atm? While going through Legion and now BFA, I've seen several either running in a scripted loop casting / looting, or standing still in a corner of an area. Their aoe's seem to be fairly large. Reminds me a lot of the zerker bots in BDO that changed the radius of their spin to win skill.
Probably. Instant cast flight, armor near tank levels for durability, strong self healing, ability to harvest in a form that lets you move at full ground or air speed? Really if your goal is to bot they probably have the most tools going for them to assist various forms of bot farming.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Probably. Instant cast flight, armor near tank levels for durability, strong self healing, ability to harvest in a form that lets you move at full ground or air speed? Really if your goal is to bot they probably have the most tools going for them to assist various forms of bot farming.
Most of the bots seem to stand around or run in circles while blasting, I think they loot with boomrang or some shit cause they don't seem to bother going to corpses. There's massive trains in pretty much every legion zone and some in BFA too but less so(the legion bot farms have 120s there too not just 110 non BFA accounts, I guess it's just easier in legion areas so as long as the spawns keep up one shotting stuff is more efficient).

There's a bunch of BM hunter farms too but not nearly as many as druids.

Made me laugh when I remembered people in FFXIV telling me how wow didn't have bots anymore and while I hadn't played in a while I was sure they still had a fuckton, even if only in dungeons. Which they also do, sometimes you see constant streams of people going in and out of instances.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Those are probably multiboxers, not botters. I'm sure there are botters too, but if you're seeing multiples of the same class all relaying the same actions it's probably a multiboxer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Those are probably multiboxers, not botters. I'm sure there are botters too, but if you're seeing multiples of the same class all relaying the same actions it's probably a multiboxer.
I think it's more people botting rather than "pros" botting, because while they're definitely multiboxing, they're also running set patterns, which unless you're a robot is not gonna happen. They're probably alt tabbed or whatever doing something else so they can see any GM alert in case they get reported, and just generate gold on the side. Since you can buy tokens, they basically pay for themselves and more, which isn't a terrible idea.

I've seen plenty of "normal" multiboxers too, like druids farming plants in Nazjatar and shit like that but the ones I checked out in Suramar were just running straight lines then turn at weird angles to cover a bunch of the area and repeating over and over in a perfect "circle".

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah, there's a ton of moonkin bots out in the world, a ton of multiboxers but the botters exist, a good example is this:

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Most of the bots seem to stand around or run in circles while blasting, I think they loot with boomrang or some shit cause they don't seem to bother going to corpses. There's massive trains in pretty much every legion zone and some in BFA too but less so(the legion bot farms have 120s there too not just 110 non BFA accounts, I guess it's just easier in legion areas so as long as the spawns keep up one shotting stuff is more efficient).

There's a bunch of BM hunter farms too but not nearly as many as druids.

Made me laugh when I remembered people in FFXIV telling me how wow didn't have bots anymore and while I hadn't played in a while I was sure they still had a fuckton, even if only in dungeons. Which they also do, sometimes you see constant streams of people going in and out of instances.
If they are botting like that you also have starfall which is a huge AOE radius that you can basically keep up permanently if you can pull enough mobs to keep it going.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If they are botting like that you also have starfall which is a huge AOE radius that you can basically keep up permanently if you can pull enough mobs to keep it going.
Yeah that's what they were using I didn't look at spells but it was some shit just raining damage everywhere around and on legion mobs with lvl 120 chars shit was just getting one shotted instantly all over the place. They did it in a couple of place in Suramar where monsters basically respawn instantly over and over. Luckily no quests there, just saw them passing by. There were smaller groups in other zones in a few areas.

Anyway it wasn't a big deal I just thought most bots sticked to instances since I heard several times from different people how wow "had no bots" anymore, when complaining about FFXIV bots who warp under the ground and shit. And granted the warping around is a lot worse and it can be really fucking annoying at times cause they follow scripts to do the MSQ to be able to farm lvl 50 dungeons(only starter edition bots almost, very rarely see any bots at max level) so you can have to wait for respawns and fight the bots for them too. But in the end I saw some like a week in, so people who were arguing wow had no bots either didn't check very hard or didn't play very much I guess. Just doesn't make sense there'd be no bots anyway, those gold selling websites aren't going waste a ton of money paying players when they can just run farms and generate the gold themselves.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I saw a group of 4 boomkins at the murloc spot in Aszuna running a loop always casting that big ass aoe, the respawn was so fast that they were always killing groups. Couldn't even kill the rare that spawned there since it would get hit, or aggro'd hard enough that it would chase one of the bots until it leashed. The other spot was in Drustvar at some field with spikey moles. This time they would sit in a corner opposite where a rare spawned and their aoe would cover the entire field. Funny thing with that, they had a DH with them. I stood in front of them for a minute, looking at the huge clump of corpses and the boomkins stopped casting, but the DH was still going at it, casting a set of skills on cooldown, over and over and over. Bots.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think it's more people botting rather than "pros" botting, because while they're definitely multiboxing, they're also running set patterns, which unless you're a robot is not gonna happen. They're probably alt tabbed or whatever doing something else so they can see any GM alert in case they get reported, and just generate gold on the side. Since you can buy tokens, they basically pay for themselves and more, which isn't a terrible idea.

I've seen plenty of "normal" multiboxers too, like druids farming plants in Nazjatar and shit like that but the ones I checked out in Suramar were just running straight lines then turn at weird angles to cover a bunch of the area and repeating over and over in a perfect "circle".

There's a Druid 5 boxer/botter that I always see in Zandalar who had 5 different AH mounts. Shit definitely pays off.

Daidraco

There's a Druid 5 boxer/botter that I always see in Zandalar who had 5 different AH mounts. Shit definitely pays off.

If that's not the same multiboxer I saw in Nazjatar weeks back, then I would be surprised. Dude would fly around fast af and would fly straight to the next herb/node. I followed him for a bit cause I thought it was cool looking. But botting is just so obvious now that I cant imagine anyone wouldnt be able to tell. Honorbuddy had some really sophisticated routines that would at least give them the benefit of doubt, but whatever is filling the void that HB left.. It has to be a hack job piece of shit program. Cause the routines I've seen so far look like shit. Multiboxxing is a bannable offense too, isnt it?

xzi

Mouthbreather
multiboxing is not bannable, but I wish it was until I at least get my brutosaur

nazjatar is a no-go zone for herbing unless you're multiboxing