World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
seems so, it's kinda weird. Sometimes shit doesn't end until like 11pm (like world events, darkmoon faire, etc) so curious if that's what's gonna happen.

Either way got a absolute fuckload of rep because it's WQ rep week + the rep buff stacking

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They nerf everything so much, makes one wonder why bother slumming through all the bullshit of any expac, just come back the last 4-5 months and get it all done in like 2 weeks.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Malkav

French Madman
This will let me finish Rustbolt and Order of Embers either today or tomorrow, great.

I'll go the lazy fuck way for Horde BFA allied races and just faction transfer this character afterward, will just have to play the War Campaign to unlock shit then as the rep transfer.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Really solid video.

tl;dw stop withholding obvious systems for 6 months.

• 2Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Really solid video.

tl;dw stop withholding obvious systems for 6 months.

He's saying what's been said here for a long time.

Further, Blizz does get around to iterating on an idea, then they throw it away for the next expac. They are one of the few companies I have seen than willingly go backward from all their good ideas or throw them away in their entirety. This modus operandi will NOT CHANGE until they get rid of Ion and his cadre of bootlickers.

Legion got better from release, BFA got WORSE. SL is going to be one giant screaming pile of shit. It's not even out yet, and they are already fucking it up in big ways.

Someone needs to tell the designers at Blizz that games are supposed to be FUN.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
BFA improved drastically over its life span. BFA was the worst xpack ever at its release. Nothing worked and the classes played like shit.

• 2Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah I don't know what you're talking about, BFA is pretty fucking good right now, saying it got worse is retarded.

Corruptions I guess are a disaster depending on how you look at them but it's purely the RNG nature of acquiring them which is almost entirely solved. (why are they on a rotation? lmao)

Daidraco

He's saying what's been said here for a long time.

Further, Blizz does get around to iterating on an idea, then they throw it away for the next expac. They are one of the few companies I have seen than willingly go backward from all their good ideas or throw them away in their entirety. This modus operandi will NOT CHANGE until they get rid of Ion and his cadre of bootlickers.

Legion got better from release, BFA got WORSE. SL is going to be one giant screaming pile of shit. It's not even out yet, and they are already fucking it up in big ways.

Someone needs to tell the designers at Blizz that games are supposed to be FUN.

By far and large, I'm not white knighting Blizzard. But I really havent seen where Shadow Lands is going to be near as bad as BFA. If you remember back in Legion when BFA was being talked about - their biggest draw was Islands and Warfronts. We knew barely anything about either of them, and for the most part.. a lot of people had wild expectations for them and of course.. when we got the final iteration, it was garbage. The entire development of those ideas and concepts were at the heart of the expansion, along with Azerite gear, and everything else had very little polish (The traditional Blizzard amount of polish). When they changed gears and switched their focus back to other parts of the game, they were ham strung by those very same ideas that they couldnt just outright drop without an entire redesign of other parts of the game.

Again, I'm not apologizing for Blizzards actions in any way - but at least their actions in BFA are understandable. Shadowlands, overall, has already showed how much of an improvement this expansion is going to be over BFA. Not only in game play and story, but cosmetically as well. Their central focus on trying to push content ideas out to testing far before they have made them set in stone. In other words, they may not follow through with what the loudest part of the player base wants - but at least we're getting to see ideas and concepts and talk about them this time with the hope that Blizzard may take note of the discussions. There are people on the dev team I've only ever read about and I see them getting interviewed now. So at least I feel there is a glimmer of hope in this next expansion.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
90042-RJykC.jpg

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I don't know what you're talking about, BFA is pretty fucking good right now, saying it got worse is retarded.

Corruptions I guess are a disaster depending on how you look at them but it's purely the RNG nature of acquiring them which is almost entirely solved. (why are they on a rotation? lmao)

I agree. BFA at it's current point is one of the most enjoyable last patch periods of any of their expansions. There's a ton of shit to do. The biggest problem for me was not making Essences account-wide from the start and how ridiculous getting the right corruptions was.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I don't think a timegated RNG vendor selling 6 of the 52 corruptions available on a 3 day rotation qualifies for "pretty fucking good" to be honest.

And the more I think about it, the more I think adding more "RNG" and "timegated" mechanics at this point shows how out of touch they are, they should fire all their CMs or anyone who interacts with players.

• 2Like

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
Give it two to four years and attitudes toward BFA will change, remember when MoP was shat on cause "lawl kung fu panda" then a few years down the road more people began to come out and proclaim "It really was a pretty good expansion". Been seeing such with WoD now as well where more people in the community at large are willing to come out of the woodwork and list its virtues more willingly.

• 2Worf
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

Give it two to four years and attitudes toward BFA will change, remember when MoP was shat on cause "lawl kung fu panda" then a few years down the road more people began to come out and proclaim "It really was a pretty good expansion". Been seeing such with WoD now as well where more people in the community at large are willing to come out of the woodwork and list its virtues more willingly.

Didn't play WoD, but I always heard the leveling was fun, it was mostly everything else that was shit. I've never seen anyone really waiver on that. Much like there has been praise for some of the raids in BFA. Or have people been flipping their script on the entire WoD expansion?

Leon

<Silver Donator>

Lol not even close

People made fun of MOP when it was announced but once it released very few actually had shit to say about it. It was pretty damn good through and through and recognized as such. It also came after arguably the worst fucking expansion ever released, so it was a breath of fresh air.

BFA has been a steaming pile of shit for most of its relevant time. Making it bearable with 'catch up' mechanics that were a year overdue doesn't change what a giant pile of shit it was.

At least the raids were ok i guess?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Truth!