World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

xzi

Mouthbreather
was kind of hoping they'd at least replace it with an online thing this year, but they said it will probably not be until 2021. Maybe that's for the better, they can just let sadlands speak for itself instead of over-hyping everyone up?

Missing more d4 is what I'm more disappointed about

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather

tl;dr high elves

I don't know why they're still pushing this idea of having faction locks, at least for instanced content, when they're doing shit like this. I'm fine with them doing this I just wish they would rip the bandaid off already and let me raid with a group full of dwarves.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider

tl;dr high elves

I don't know why they're still pushing this idea of having faction locks, at least for instanced content, when they're doing shit like this. I'm fine with them doing this I just wish they would rip the bandaid off already and let me raid with a group full of dwarves.

Considering what happened in that final Jaina/Thrall cinematic, I can totally see them having some kind of "Champion of Azeroth" setting that is basically what merc is to pvp. They seem to kind of be setting up a faction of people in the lore whose purpose is just to save the planet.

xzi

Mouthbreather
It seems that way, but when asked at blizzcon they said it will never happen and that was like a week after that cinematic. It's retarded it still exists.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Get rid of factions at this point.
They should have done that so fucking long ago but I assume their servers are setup in a way that it's a technical issue to merge all the AH and banks and all that shit and then make sure to tag all the NPCs properly. There might also be a fairly large backlash from some casual people who still identify as "Horde" or "Alliance", and they don't want to group with other people and whatever the fuck.

A neutral faction that you can convert your char to would be nice, but that sounds even more complicated to implement.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
They should have done that so fucking long ago but I assume their servers are setup in a way that it's a technical issue to merge all the AH and banks and all that shit and then make sure to tag all the NPCs properly. There might also be a fairly large backlash from some casual people who still identify as "Horde" or "Alliance", and they don't want to group with other people and whatever the fuck.

A neutral faction that you can convert your char to would be nice, but that sounds even more complicated to implement.

I bet if they did it and charged for it like an expansion people would buy it. Even if that was the only fucking thing in the entire "expansion".

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Most of those new customization options are either scrapped stuff from WoD / Legion or low effort work. Getting rid of factions demands far more work than changing a skin color.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I mean yeah, it would obviously be a lot more work.

But the alliance raiding scene is a fucking joke and dwindles more every single tier and there's a very clear solution to solve that problem that is already solved when it comes to BGs.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I gave up on lvling my Elemental Shaman, and did a Mage. Had quite a bit of fun leveling to BfA content, and had fun going through that content. Now though, as a new player in BfA everything past the release content is kinda trash. Naz and Mech both seem to be zones designed to slow you down, and specifically designed with Flying in mind. Time gated story quests (which might unlock further content), its really off putting. Mechagon seems to especially bad in this sense, plus it seems to based on a gimmick of crafting stuff. Uldum and Vale aren't too bad, but only because they are old world zones where Flying is unlocked via gold rather than achievements.

Edit: Will say that the soundtrack for Zuldazar and Nazmir are fantastic.

xzi

Mouthbreather
pvp servers don't exist anymore, it's an opt-in opt-out system you toggle in your major capitol. Either you're flagged for pvp or you're not regardless of server, it's not the same as the /pvp tag

Honestly I'd love for them to go even more hardcore with warmode and make it all FFA regardless of faction unless you group up. Like some Division dark zone shit

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
pvp servers don't exist anymore, it's an opt-in opt-out system you toggle in your major capitol. Either you're flagged for pvp or you're not regardless of server, it's not the same as the /pvp tag

Honestly I'd love for them to go even more hardcore with warmode and make it all FFA regardless of faction unless you group up. Like some Division dark zone shit

The world FFA PvP areas they did in Legion were some of the best PvP I have done in 4 xpacs. As an Alliance player, I would be much more interested in warmode if I could kill gnomes and all the pandas I see.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As an Alliance player, I would be much more interested in warmode if I could kill gnomes and all the pandas I see.

1589995925649.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
The world FFA PvP areas they did in Legion were some of the best PvP I have done in 4 xpacs. As an Alliance player, I would be much more interested in warmode if I could kill gnomes and all the pandas I see.
Get Servant of N'Zoth and you can.