World of Warcraft: Classic

Rime

<Donor>
Originally posted by Blizzard (View Original)

As we’ve discussed before, the nature of WoW Classic sometimes invokes different memories for different players, and this leads to certain misconceptions for some about what is or isn’t working as intended.

The following is a list of commonly-reported gameplay in WoW Classic that is not actually a bug, and is working as we expect it to:

• Tauren’s hitboxes and their melee reach is slightly larger than other races.
  • Being critically struck while using /sit to sit does not cause abilities like Enrage, Blood Craze, and Reckoning to activate.
  • Using the “Automatic Quest Tracking” option does not auto-track newly accepted quests. (It instead will start to track an existing quest once progress towards an objective is started.)
  • Warrior health Regeneration is working at the expected rate.
  • Quests objectives and points of interests are not tracked on the map or minimap.
  • Completed quests are marked on the minimap with a dot. (and not a “?”)
  • Feared players and NPCs run fast.
  • Standing on top of other players while facing away allows spells and attacks to be used.
  • Creature respawn rates are much slower than in Battle for Azeroth.
  • NPCs which offer multiple quests may inconsistently display them as a dot or a “!” on the available quests list. They were inconsistent in 1.12, and we’ve reproduced the exact inconsistency they had back then.
  • Quests that are too low level for do not show up as a “!” in the game world.
  • Available quests do not display a “!” on the minimap.
  • On level up, the message: “Your skill in Protection increased to 15” was added in 1.12.1, and we’re intending to keep that.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They really should just revoke all the beta access from people who score cheap internet points with those "OMG there's a bug! How dare they be bugs in my beta" short videos, and then didn't even make a bug report. And then give their beta access to me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
Dude I have so many bug reports on my account from PTR and live for that matter and have never been in a beta lmao, blizzard don't care about bug reports

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Reading that was fantastic.

A buddy that hasn’t really raided since MC and was even then a warm body at best. Is notoriously bad at the game and spends most of his time leveling new characters in Elwyn Forest even today got fucking Beta access.

This guy once showed up to a dungeon in TBC specced ret and wearing a sword and shield.

Edit - I guess thinking about it blizzard probably figures he’s the fucking expert on lowbie zones.

• 4Worf

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hope some developers get into beta so they can test the API and port some addons.
I want there to be zero addons allowed, just to watch people quit because they don't want to play without them.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I feel bad for wanting to play but because I'm not subbed, there's not even a chance of getting into beta.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
So this launches 8-27 worldwide but 8-26 in the US. Also there will be a way to reserve up to 3 names on 8-13.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
And we'll find out server names/types a bit before the name reservation date, for planning shenanigans.

Unfortunately, I assume the streamers will all conceal their server choices until after the name reservations in order to prevent their fans from sniping names :D

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I think all servers will have some kind of streamer impact and I think its unavoidable.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Classic does kinda super synergize with the streamer lifestyle. Play one game for 16 hours a day? That's just the high warlord grind, except this time you get paid. Having a chatroom to interact with probably also helps keep you from necking yourself in Winterspring.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
WishI had the time to try for HWL but I would rather pay rent and eat unfortunately.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
Classic does kinda super synergize with the streamer lifestyle. Play one game for 16 hours a day? That's just the high warlord grind, except this time you get paid. Having a chatroom to interact with probably also helps keep you from necking yourself in Winterspring.

Yeah that's what a friend and I were talking about the other day, it's actually the perfect streamer game. There is an absurd amount of downtime.

I think that's why PUBG was so fucking gigantic on twitch because you spend 15 minutes running without seeing people and it gives you time to interact with chat.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The High Warlord stuff is going to be account sharing again 24/7 grinds. As cool as it would be to Rank14 or get the Scepter from AQ trying to compete with the streamer crowd these days is going to be a hassle.

I will laugh my ass off though if streamers can't hit Rank 14 without account sharing, take the risk and end up permabanned.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I like their definition of 'bug' vs 'replicated / as intended'

NPCs which offer multiple quests may inconsistently display them as a dot or a “!” on the available quests list. They were inconsistent in 1.12, and we’ve reproduced the exact inconsistency they had back then.

Sounds more like "We aren't sure how to fix this inconsistency, so its a feature of back then"

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Playing the beta makes me realize how spoiled and lazy I have become. Having to actually explore and look for quest objectives really requires a different mindset. Kind of shitty doing it alone with out any friends getting in but come release it'll be better.

I imagine that there will be plenty of UI addons by release so it won't even have that feel unless you choose to do that. I know I will at least use the addon to give me coordinates so I can find the hard to find shit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m heavily leaning pve server. My casual ass probably isn’t willing to deal with ganking.

• 1Brony
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
The High Warlord stuff is going to be account sharing again 24/7 grinds. As cool as it would be to Rank14 or get the Scepter from AQ trying to compete with the streamer crowd these days is going to be a hassle.

I will laugh my ass off though if streamers can't hit Rank 14 without account sharing, take the risk and end up permabanned.

I'm considering it. Because I'm a fucking loser anyways and I can afford to fuck my life up with nonstop grinding if I really want to make a push for it. I'm just wondering how viable it would be as druid seeing as how I'll be flag running pretty much constantly.

I've pretty much accepted I will absolutely not be getting scarab lord though. We all know that's going to guild leaders 99% of the time. The title isn't even in the game during 1.12 so whatever I guess

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Pve servers are pointless for the Classic experience, the entire point of playing the game with flying mounts removed is the fun it'll be getting to raids/dungeons/world bosses.

• 1Like

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
I mean I played on Doomhammer PvE and there was always people flagged to deny access to raids, especially during Naxx people from both sides would fuck with each other outside the Ziggurat.

I don’t think people will miss out on that experience being on a PvE server.