World of Warcraft: Classic

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I mean I played on Doomhammer PvE and there was always people flagged to deny access to raids, especially during Naxx people from both sides would fuck with each other outside the Ziggurat.

I don’t think people will miss out on that experience being on a PvE server.

It's not remotely the same.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Well sure I can’t say from my experience as I’ve just played PvE and never tried a pvp sever , but it will happen in some form just not as naturally as being on a pvp server.

I’ve been thinking about a class to play and kind of wanted to go with rogue again as that’s what I played and raided with up through Naxx. But at the same time it I was thinning it would be the best time to try a different class and was thinking over mage/hunter or something way different and do druid.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I'm too old for pvp. I simply can't be arsed with annoying distractions, and that's really what pvp is, annoying and distracting.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm too old for pvp. I simply can't be arsed with annoying distractions, and that's really what pvp is, annoying and distracting.
I like the sense of danger and uncertainy PvP provides. Plus nothing beats the rush of crushing your enemies and seeing them driven before you.

• 2Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Vanilla was all about fucking the other faction up. Outplay them, outgear them, outnumber them, outlevel and outcorpserun them. Whenever it happened during leveling, farming, in front of instances or in BGs, your entire point was to fuck shit up enough so people can tear eachother and create dramas on forums, IRC, voicecoms, etc. Preventing people from farming Tyr's Hand or Felwood was the ultimate goal.

When you eventually managed to get the drip on any concurrent guild progress wise, it was most of the time about instance entrance denies, or impending them from gathering mats / consumables. Warfare wise, you'd cut your enemy's supply lines. You wore his morale down. You fucked him enough his guild would eventually collapse, disband or just get the spectator bench, waiting for the war the end before entering the dungeon.

On a PvE server you surely can have world PvP as brutal and sudden as a Barry Lindon duel, and somewhat establish a mats "first-click-first-serve" monopoly. You just couldn't fuck shit up. It's okay, nowadays vanilla people like most of us can't concentrate on the most important stuff because we have to deal with real life filler quests as getting maried, having a career and produce offspring. But back in the day it was all about spending enough time to make the other faction lose its.

• 1Solidarity

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I think I got my first epic mount in AV, that wolf thing, I think it was cheaper.
Vastly cheaper and originally you could get it at 51 or 50, whichever was the level required for AV. Though Blizzard where dicks and not long after adding it made it require lvl60 to use the mount, not just exalted faction. My friend quit WoW over that lol.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Blizz gonna have an interesting issue on their hands. Everyone is loving Classic right now, having to work for your levels, grouping up with people and actually talking to them almost like an actual...MMORPG?

Actual poopsockers are going to have to somehow split time between both versions? lol

xzi

Mouthbreather
I don't know, I think classic is pretty casual friendly. You shouldn't, but you can absolutely raid log that game cause it's going to be so insanely easy now.

I wonder how they're going to balance patch releases with live, like will they launch naxx at the same time as a 9.0 raid? Or do they just not care? Regardless it would only affect like 80 people lol

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The thing that is interesting is how many people are fucking mad about classic, there are threads with people pissed the fuck off at the idea of it.

• 1Seriously?

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Depends what your goals in classic are though, making money for a while isn't going to be that easy. HWL grind? Good luck playing both games. Herding 40 people together, getting them attuned for Ony and MC, that shit takes time. The raids themselves aren't hard until later on in AQ40 but that doesn't mean it won't take time and effort.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This isn't going to be hard and people are absulolutely gonna blast these raids out. Mark my words

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I don't know, I bet naxx will break guilds. Not because the raid itself is difficult but because people are retarded as fuck

Heigan will destroy the lives of everyone that is incapable of listening to their DBM, raid leader, and weakauras yell at them to not move yet

source: every raid I've ever been in

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like the sense of danger and uncertainy PvP provides. Plus nothing beats the rush of crushing your enemies and seeing them driven before you.
What "danger"?

When was the last time you actually played a PVP onlinegame where you had to work for having stuff, and lost said stuff upon PVP defeat?
classic WoW PVP is the ultimate carebear PVP game. You risk absolutely nothing, no matter how often you die, it is absolutely irrelevant. Defeat doesn't even hurt your PVP Ladder ambitions like the arena did later in TBC. No honor lost, and in BGs you even got a participation trophy. Just show up and eventually you'll get there.

Is the beta level cap 30 right now?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When you eventually managed to get the drip on any concurrent guild progress wise, it was most of the time about instance entrance denies, or impending them from gathering mats / consumables. Warfare wise, you'd cut your enemy's supply lines. You wore his morale down. You fucked him enough his guild would eventually collapse, disband or just get the spectator bench, waiting for the war the end before entering the dungeon
wait, what? That actually happened, or is that imaginationland? Back when I did horde in 2005-2006 I was in a small PVP guild, and we teamed up with a larger guild that wanted to raid but didn't have the numbers either. I remember those guys always going on about "ugh can we stop PVPing in blackrock mountain already, we wanna start raiding now"

The moment one side decides to just zone into the instance PVP is over. Kazzak and Azuregos were irrelevant for progression.

But god damnit those level 30 PVP streams in Ashenvale look more fun than anything currently available to me...

Last edited: