World of Warcraft: Classic

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL fucked.

Oh well Ill take my advice and fuck off till August and drink some beer or some shit.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'd rather there be one mode thats more difficult than heroic, but not something catering to no lifer guilds like Method.

I don't disagree with you, but I can't ever imagine them doing that again. The amount of exposure the game has gotten with the last 2 tiers because method put on streams was absolutely insane. It wasn't just the WoW community watching anymore, actual news outlets were reporting on it and people that haven't played the game in 10 years were checking it out.

I'm kind of convinced that's why blizzard let the current mini raid be so goddamn difficult for 2 weeks, so they could milk it as long as they could before throwing out nerfs.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I don't disagree with you, but I can't ever imagine them doing that again. The amount of exposure the game has gotten with the last 2 tiers because method put on streams was absolutely insane. It wasn't just the WoW community watching anymore, actual news outlets were reporting on it and people that haven't played the game in 10 years were checking it out.

I'm kind of convinced that's why blizzard let the current mini raid be so goddamn difficult for 2 weeks, so they could milk it as long as they could before throwing out nerfs.

And yet more people watched Asmondgold and his fat Pally friend do Deadmines than the entire community watched Method World First combined.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Method had like 300-350 thousand people watching them in both uldir and dazar'alor on twitch for a week+ straight.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Man, I am still actually annoyed I've had a day 1 sub and still nothing QQ

• 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Think the only reason Asmon got 100k was because Sodapoppin wasn't on, all the times they're both on they share the 100k with 5-10k difference between them. BFA kinda dead and the wow community just looking to the 2 big guys for content.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Thing is if they do a progression server how far do they go? Do they stop at TBC and/or Wrath?
I think everyone agrees that the nostalgia pretty much ends with Cataclysm. The problems of LK was mostly the 4 times raiding (you raided 10 normal, 10 hard, 25 normal, 25 hard). But, given the sheer amount of raid, that makes it a very good point to let the server "slowly die".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Two hours level to 5... hey guess what...

giphy.gif

Chris

Potato del Grande
Not a bad idea, but think players would need to collect their own kill currency, so you're not able to just insta-gear any new player. You could still do T2 in blues to get "kill points" to use in conjunction with "T1 mats", maybe even requiring the player to have the related crafting skill, would just lighten the load of needing to do T1 so redundantly.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Still requires effort.

It's not just newer players. I had a situation where I had to run EVERY raid because I was doing AQ40 with a blue chest because literally no epic healing leather chest would drop for me. The one time Neferien dropped Stormrage Chest, a hunter stole all the loot! I think I ended up with something from ZG which still wasn't ideal.

You want a situation where you need to run MC to get gear for BWL, but once you are in BWL you don't need to go back to MC. So there's alternatives in BWL to MC tier gear you missed and you can carry a few new players to get their MC tier gear in BWL.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
You only get 1 account, kind of like PTR. You'd have to get different emails unlinked and hope they all get beta invites.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Still haven't received an email from Blizzard. Well, except the one congratulating me on reactivating my WoW subscription.

• 2Worf