World of Warcraft: Classic

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Anyone that's gotten in the beta comment on how the UI stuff is all working out? Are people making new (old) classic UI mods or is everything compatible?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
There are a few already made, more to come. Check reddit, they have a thread on it. I would link but no acess to reddit from work.

I guess joana (joanasworld.com) and others are also working on a quest helper type mod for classic too. So thats coming as well.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
You've brought up +harder, a fragmented community, the 0.1% dictating raid design (???). I'm not sure what your point is.

Since I don't want to take the effort to copy and paste 4 paragraphs from 5 posts and I don't find arguing w a wall particularly enjoyable, I'll concede the point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL I guess blizz just had in game announcement that beta phase is over and all characters will be deleted.

Then a min later they said JK, just a server restart.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
LOL I guess blizz just had in game announcement that beta phase is over and all characters will be deleted.

Then a min later they said JK, just a server restart.

Yup. hehe

beta1.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I wonder if the devs for classic are having more fun than the devs for retail. My guess is yes. And my guess that energy is why a few interviews have been slightly happy go lucky about new content for classic.

• 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
Damn I'm getting way too excited about this. It's going to destroy my life (again).

I wonder if there's a way to play this on phones...

Fadaar

That guy
Probably going to play casually just to have something to do on weekends. No point in going hardcore for shit I did 14 years ago, plus I refuse to raid until the patch that adds greater blessings if I play paladin again.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
M+ roxxors, Scaling raid sliders makes my balls hard... why did this game lose 10 million players? Herp Derp. Do people find different games and different content enjoyable? Sure they do but I am guessing by the number of people playing that they didn't buy WoW thinking it was going to end up like Dark Souls, Super Meat Boy, or Insane level DDR faggotry, if that is the style of game design you want why play an MMORPG in the first fucking place?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't know how many different ways I can write it but you do not have to do mythic. There is no obligation

I mean except when I made you guys do it

• 3Worf
  • 1Rimshot
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Times are just way fucking different now. More people are way more skilled and knowledgeable about the game than before. I remember the first shit thing blizzard did, even back then was add in the armory, the precursor to gearscore and shit like that. Im sure they did not think to would become what it was back then, but It became the meta to check every single dude you wanted to invite to your group to check their gear and if they were worthy enough to carry your ass through a run of DM. Then it became, hey why not just do away with all that nonsense and label everyone with a fucking number. I just think all this shit ends up splitting and dividing the player base eventually. Youre no longer playing with buddies and having fun, but playing with NPC with higher numbers because it makes shit easier. It also ruins immersion if you think about it.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I still enjoy raiding heroic with some bros twice a week

And I'm still going to enjoy raiding BWL with some bros twice a week

I just want to kill dragons. I don't give a shit if only 10 people in the entire world can kill them or if 100000000 people can. I'm killing me some dragons.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
you do not have to do mythic. There is no obligation

Do you even hear yourself? What a god awful mentality to have in a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER game.

Dev 1 said:
- Yo bros. We're gonna design some really poopsocky content that I'm personally going to get off to.

Dev 2 thru 10 said:
- But, won't people feel like they're missing out on content if they don't poopsock? Essentially we'd be forcing people to poopsock to experience new content.

Dev 1 said:
- Psh, I mean they're not obligated to play. How stupid are you guys?

When my grandkids ask how and why Blizzard got to the point of having to reboot their entire IP, I'll point to this exchange.

• 1Worf

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I just want to kill dragons. I don't give a shit if only 10 people in the entire world can kill them or if 100000000 people can. I'm killing me some dragons.

Exactly. It's about creating content people want to play. Which, for whatever reason Noodleface Noodleface is being dense about.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
FoH literally fell apart because no one wanted to continue trying to beat on Heroic Rag. I'm sure I'm not the only one that still wanted to keep trying. What I DIDNT want to do though was find a new guild for one fucking overtuned boss.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Noodle is basically Ion and neither can figure out why current WoW is shitting the bed and everyone wants to go back to Classic instead.