World of Warcraft: Classic

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
The biggest thing helping fury warriors is the 1.11 agro changes, that guild wasn't wrong about lionheart because at the time any warrior trying to dps would have been turned into a red paste after they pulled agro a minute in. Rogues big advantage in dps wasn't so much that mechanically they were the best it was that they had great agro tools too.

But ya if they give us a no changes 1.12 it will really be hugely different for that reason alone, I hope they realize that in raid beta testing and lock the warrior agro changes until the naxx patch.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
This seems to have moved from a lark of a side project to the principle release for Blizzard for the year...

I mean I can see how people are somewhat curious about it (or nostalgic) but this shouldn't be what you hang your revenue on for the damn fiscal year.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

But ya if they give us a no changes 1.12 it will really be hugely different for that reason alone, I hope they realize that in raid beta testing and lock the warrior agro changes until the naxx patch.

1.12 talents at launch. Makes zero sense to have pre rework classes, talents, abilities etc

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
This seems to have moved from a lark of a side project to the principle release for Blizzard for the year...

I mean I can see how people are somewhat curious about it (or nostalgic) but this shouldn't be what you hang your revenue on for the damn fiscal year.
> Invites streamers individually into classic beta for hype

> streamers spend 90% of their time shitting on blizzard's real product: retail wow

Lordjenkins

Buzzfeed Editor
<Banned>
why are you guys being so pve elitist, the glory days are over. try to fight 2+ rogues in world pvp and tell me they're not worth rolling lol.

also lockboxes

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
1.12 talents at launch. Makes zero sense to have pre rework classes, talents, abilities etc
Except it massively changes the balance of the game to have the change to taunt and shield slam in and will trivialize a ton of content.

The people who want to play fury wars all want it I get it, because without it they really weren’t the head and shoulders best dps

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Except it massively changes the balance of the game to have the change to taunt and shield slam in and will trivialize a ton of content.

The people who want to play fury wars all want it I get it, because without it they really weren’t the head and shoulders best dps

What's the alternative?

Are you suggesting that classic launches with the same talents as November 2004, which means Druid feral form sucks, innervate and hurricane as 31 point talents etc

And wasn't protection spec worthless at the start of Vanilla?

By the end of vanilla all classes were improved and buffed

It doesn't make any sense to intentionally cripple them by giving them their launch talents/abilities

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The problem with vanilla, from what I remember, is there was pretty much only one true viable tank, the rest, while they could get by in 5 mans if they didnt totally suck, were vastly inferior in every way. And second problem with warriors is tons of idiots play them that dont know how to play them, thats how I remember it anyways.

Also 1.13 was right before 2.0, right? So most of that shit got ironed out along the way? Not sure but all that vanilla shit is a distant memory and quite hazy.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The problem with vanilla, from what I remember, is there was pretty much only one true viable tank, the rest, while they could get by in 5 mans if they didnt totally suck, were vastly inferior in every way. And second problem with warriors is tons of idiots play them that dont know how to play them, thats how I remember it anyways.

Also 1.13 was right before 2.0, right? So most of that shit got ironed out along the way? Not sure but all that vanilla shit is a distant memory and quite hazy.
Warriors and Druids to a degree. Paladins had threat, but it was very inferior. Also do you mean 1.12? That was right before 2.0.

I do remember when TBC launched that Druids could be MT's.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Druids were god MTs at TBC launch but that was because of broken scaling with agility and armor with the newly available weapons and trinkets that also gave +armor.

I think there was a druid that had a full set of green +agility gear and actually got to 100% dodge.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
What's the alternative?

Are you suggesting that classic launches with the same talents as November 2004, which means Druid feral form sucks, innervate and hurricane as 31 point talents etc

And wasn't protection spec worthless at the start of Vanilla?

By the end of vanilla all classes were improved and buffed

It doesn't make any sense to intentionally cripple them by giving them their launch talents/abilities
Well one much less drastic alternative is they just roll back the two changes to taunt and shield slam. Those changes massively changed the way the entire game was played for all dps, I think that puts them in a different category from the basic talent revamps other classes were getting.

• 1Picard

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Well one much less drastic alternative is they just roll back the two changes to taunt and shield slam. Those changes massively changed the way the entire game was played for all dps, I think that puts them in a different category from the basic talent revamps other classes were getting.

Do you really want to open the Pandora's Box of balance patches? It doesn't stop there then it becomes 1.13 and so on

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Do you really want to open the Pandora's Box of balance patches? It doesn't stop there then it becomes 1.13 and so on
Yes I really want to because not making that change is going to make so much of the content even more of a joke than it already would be.

And I don’t look at it as Pandora’s box of balance patching because they versions it would revert to is how it was for almost all of classic.

• 1Picard

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't think you'll find anyone to agree with you. Threading the threat needle as DPS is AIDS.

It should be the tank's job to worry about threat, not the raid's.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea, it was changed for a reason. And that reason was because having to stop attacking completely isn't fun or interesting.

nisser

Trakanon Raider
Threat was the main reason why nearly all top guilds were alliance. BOS made a huge difference in every fight.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Warriors and Druids to a degree. Paladins had threat, but it was very inferior. Also do you mean 1.12? That was right before 2.0.

I do remember when TBC launched that Druids could be MT's.

Paladins were/are pretty good strat/scholo tanks on account of hitting undead really fucking hard. They take a lot of work though, and require drinks between pulls. They can also be used on 4HM if you're alpha enough, apparently.

Main problem with paladin tanking is they have no taunt whatsoever so if you can't smite the everloving shit out of some zambies then you're gonna have a bad time.

They can AOE farm amazingly well though.