World of Warcraft: Classic

Shiftyx

Molten Core Raider
Curious what everyone's thoughts on leeway are -

Given that it was a mechanic put in place to adjust for latency issues, it seems reasonable to at least reduce the effect relative to the net reduction in user latency from then to now.

From the WoW Classic "Not a Bug" List blue post:

I’ve updated the original post in this thread with:

• “Melee leeway” is working as intended.
After careful study and testing, we’ve found that for players with low latency, the state of melee leeway is how they would have experienced the game in 2006.
There are more people with low latency now than there were in 2006, so we expect for some it might feel different, but it is working as expected.

I suppose a similar argument could be made in regard to spell batching. /shrug

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I look forward to Mortal Striking a gnome from two continents away as a Tauren.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Buddy in our classic guild charged a gnome in the Lordamere Lake outside Undead City and insta died. Was instant fun as all the warriors in both raids started trying to repeat it and couldn't.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I used to main a warrior in original wow and I dont' remember that happening or at least it was exceedingly rare. Maybe hunters can chime in as they would probably remember better since it fucks them.

It seems to be a combination of leeway and spellbatching on classic. At the end of the day though fuck hunters.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I recall using scatter + trap to aimed shot people but apparently that won't be a thing in Classic either.

But as somebody who spends a lot of time researching an old game, I have to say that memory is too faulty to base conclusions on

xzi

Mouthbreather
I don't mind leeway, you're at a massive disadvantage as melee anyways.

Unless you're a rogue.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I for sure remember scatter into trap to aim shot being the bread and butter of hunters.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
It seems to be a combination of leeway and spellbatching on classic. At the end of the day though fuck hunters.

This time around I've considered a mage or rogue cuz scrong, but it almost sounds like warriors and warlocks are the strongest classes.

I played a Huntard in Vanilla and later a warrior, but having read some of the comments between multiple threads, I guess I'd forgotten how terribly hunters scale.

Last edited:

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
This time around I've considered a mage or rogue, but it almost sounds like warriors and warlocks are the strongest classes.

I played a Huntard in Vanilla and later a warrior, but having read some of the comments between multiple threads, I guess I'd forgotten how terribly hunters scale.

It all depends really. I mean if you see some old videos Hunters can rape clowns in PvP with big ass aimshot crits.. Honestly anything geared in Naxx is gonna shit on faces. All the classes in Vanilla had a place at least.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Honestly anything geared in Naxx is gonna shit on faces. All the classes in Vanilla had a place at least.

True enough.

I'm just a min/max autist and it bothered be that Huntards would be gimped out the gate, haha.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I recall using scatter + trap to aimed shot people but apparently that won't be a thing in Classic either.

But as somebody who spends a lot of time researching an old game, I have to say that memory is too faulty to base conclusions on

It wasn't a thing in vanilla/classic if you're talking about scatter shot to lay down a trap. Couldn't trap while in combat.

But if you meant using the short window of scatter shot to aimed, then yah you could somewhat. But the cast time was usually so long that scatter wore off a little early, but i gave you a little time to do it.

On a different note. I love the huge list of "not bugs" they have to release because people forgot the QOL changes or other things they added over the years. Rose colored glasses starting to crack for a few people I guess.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
The scatter shot would give you plenty of time to FD out of combat and lay a trap, giving you all the time you need with a freezing to do an aimed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In spite of Blizzard's massive screw up with BFA, they are going to make out like bandits with classic. Plus their timing is amazing luck.

With the total lack of new mmos recently, Classic is going to pull in massive numbers. I have friends that have never once been interested in WoW that are actually considering playing Classic because they are burnt out on their current mmos and nothing new is coming. FFXIV, GW2, ESO, etc are going to take huge hits to their sub numbers for a few months.