World of Warcraft: Classic

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Yeah, no thanks to that. I remember my gm in vanilla in bwl bitching me out for 5 minutes threatening a gkick because I went to take a piss mid fight after I died a slow death to Chromaggus. I assumed it was a wipe and apparently was 5 to 10 seconds delayed on clicking yes to a battle res.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure if this was posted / linked but the server list is up.

August 12, 2019 3:00 PM , players with an active subscription or game time on their World of Warcraft account can reserve their character names by creating up to three WoW Classic characters. Please note that all of your characters on a PVP realm must be the same faction.

Before creating a character, you’ll choose the realm where you want to play that character. Realms in the Americas will be:

NameTypeTime Zone
AtieshNormalPacific
MankrikNormalEastern
MyzraelNormalPacific
PagleNormalEastern

NameTypeTime Zone
FaerlinaPvPEastern
FairbanksPvPPacific
HerodPvPEastern
ThalnosPvPEastern
WhitemanePvPPacific

NameTypeTime Zone
Bloodsail BuccaneersRPEastern
GrobbulusRP-PvPPacific
Oceanic realms will be:

NameTypeTime Zone
ArugalPvPAustralian Eastern Time
RemulosNormalAustralian Eastern Time
Relative realm population will be visible in-game to help in choosing a realm so you will see “Low,
Medium, and High” in the realm selection screen. If there are high numbers of players congregating on individual realms during name reservation and character creation, we will post warnings about the potential for queues on those realms, giving you time to choose alternate realms.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Mankrik will definitely be PACKED because of the name alone. lol

Thalnos will be called Thanos for sure.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I thought they would have at least double the amount of PvP servers they are showing there. Man were gonna be on layers for a long fucking time unless like 60% of the plebs quit.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So for Chicago do you pick East Coast then? Or West? I honestly don't know which is preferable for someone in the central time zone area.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It's confusing because the time zones for the live servers now are pointless. They have no actual effect other than to suggest people play there if they want to aim for people within the same time zone. For this classic list though, it might be indicating the west coast vs east coast data centers.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
They are either expecting a ton of drop off after phase 1 or are going to have mega servers when people don’t quit. I can’t imagine 4+ layers condensing to one server in P2.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They are either expecting a ton of drop off after phase 1 or are going to have mega servers when people don’t quit. I can’t imagine 4+ layers condensing to one server in P2.

Thats what im saying. It hink they are vastly underestimating the amount of people that want in on this. But then again I could be wrong.

The location i could give 2 shits about. 30 ping vs 60-90 ping in a mmorpg like WOW is absolutely nothing.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
East servers are located in Chicago iirc

The east coast data center is in Chicago, but there is nothing to indicate that the servers on that list tagged as Eastern time zone will be on that data center. The live servers don't keep the time zones to the relative data center locations.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Thats what im saying. It hink they are vastly underestimating the amount of people that want in on this. But then again I could be wrong.

The location i could give 2 shits about. 30 ping vs 60-90 ping in a mmorpg like WOW is absolutely nothing.

That's great for you and probably for many, but for some the difference is closer to 70 vs 150

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Almost want to roll RP to minimize the meme/streamer/trump talk in world chat. The beta was a real eye opener for me as i'm not 16/17 anymore...

I never bothered in the stress tests but did play a bit on one of the more populated private servers for a while and yeah, that shit was pure aids.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
So, dynamic respawns are in!

After Stress Test 2, we were as concerned as many of you were about the inability to find enough spawns in the starting zones, so we double-checked our spawn logic, and it turns out there was a bug.

In the original 1.12 data, different spawn regions have different thresholds at which automatic respawning is triggered, but the bug was causing it to ignore these population thresholds. This affects the starting zones more than other zones because they have very aggressive thresholds for triggering respawns, to make sure that you can always progress through your first introduction to the game.

As you level up throughout the later zones, the respawn thresholds aren’t as aggressive, and you start having to compete more in higher level zones. We have verified that we’ve correctly reproduced the 1.12 spawn rates and thresholds throughout the game now, and while the respawn rates you see in Northshire aren’t the same as they are in Un’Goro, they will both be accurate to patch 1.12.

Thanks so much for your feedback, and for helping us find and fix this bug!”

“The same spawn logic applies to mineral nodes, creatures, herbs, etc. Spawn regions can overlap one another, so that creatures and nodes of different types behave differently in the same physical space, and individual spawns, can all have custom overrides. We’re using all the original data to control this behavior.”

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users