World of Warcraft: Classic

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thought today's stress test started at 11am central. But, it's 1pm central. Now I have to work until then!

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Tried googling the recent system requirements blue post and couldn’t find it. Anyone have the link?

I should be more than fine but just want to look anyway.

PC Minimum Requirements
Operating System: Windows® 7 64-bit (with latest Service Packs)
Processor:Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom™ X3 8750
Video:NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 GT 512MB, AMD Radeon™ HD 4850 51 MB, or Intel® HD Graphics 4000
Memory:2GB RAM (4GB for integrated graphics such as Intel HD Graphics Series)
Storage:5GB available space
Internet:Broadband internet connection
Input:Keyboard and mouse required. Other input devices are not supported.
Resolution:1024x768 minimum display resolution

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So stress test, right? Why the fuck would they do a stress test in the middle of the day when majority of people are working?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It's running for over a day. They're just actively monitoring for the first two hours which is also when all their engineers are probably working.

Jasker

brown please <Wow Guild Officer> /brown please
I don't know if I even have words for this...

Yeah, I apologize. I’ve been having weird issues with what should be a beast of a computer and I’m not really trusting it. I just wanted to see the requirements to tell my paranoid ass I’m fine. I pretty much knew them but just wanted to see.

Again, sorry for the retarded question.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah, I apologize. I’ve been having weird issues with what should be a beast of a computer and I’m not really trusting it. I just wanted to see the requirements to tell my paranoid ass I’m fine. I pretty much knew them but just wanted to see.

Again, sorry for the retarded question.

Requirements of Classic WoW

iu

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
My video card died over 2 months ago, so I'm using a fanless Geforce GT 610 that I bought in 2012 for $35 (before a $25 rebate, so cost me $10) while I wait for 5700 partner cards to launch. I get ~22 FPS in Thunder Bluff in modern WoW with players around me. Classic with features turned down is supposedly less demanding.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I need a new computer pretty badly, but it seems to be running alright at medium settings. This thing is about 5 years old by now.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
When I played actual vanilla WoW on my 14 inch monitor and shitty video card, I played the game at like 30 FPS all the time and probably raided at 8 fps.

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I think the computer I first played WOW on had like a 20 gig hard drive, lol, Pentium 3 800mhz 512 mb ram? I think and a nvidia 8400? PC from Y2K that I played EQ on first. THATS how fucking much PCs have gained in the last 15 yrs. But I did have a 21"CRT back in them days that I got from work (old SUN systems cad station that I got for like $50) I still have the fucker in the basement, I tried selling it at a garage sale one year but people were like WTF is this thing?

sun-microsystem-crt-21in-monitor-x7121a-pn365-1383-01_272126722545.jpg
[

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jasker

brown please <Wow Guild Officer> /brown please
Heh yeah, have a 2018 15’ MacBook Pro with pretty good stats, it’s just been acting really weird lately.

I recognize Mac laptops aren’t gaming machines but it def has the recommended requirements. I’m a coder/remote worker and just prefer the interface over windows so it’s good for me.

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I remember when flat screen monitors were just coming out and I ordered a nice looking one. They had only provided pictures from the front.
When I got it, the "screen" was definitely flat, but it had the huge CRT monitor body behind it and weighed almost 60 pounds. That was definitely a shocker. That's around the time I started learning monitor terminology.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
yeah our first flatscreen monitor was still a crt and still would fucking kill you if it fell on you, but it was yuuuuge

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
lvl 10 UD Mage at 2 hours 56 minutes. Got VERY lucky to get past zombies and skellies before the rush. Lucky by like, a minute or two. Server coming down in 8 minutes now for reset. Hope there will be more layers in first 2 zones for new chars.