World of Warcraft: Classic

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
What about millennials that know they are technically millennials but do everything they can to dissociate with that group including willful denial?

You can't deny who you are. This is your life.

13b.gif

StJesuz

Graybeard Lurker
Definitely an achievement. Only thing that leads me to believe that it wont be done is the whole 30-40 people thing. I could see 10 maybe even 20 fo them getting together and grinding it out, but getting more than that is gonna be a challenge. But knowing my doubt, it probabaly WILL happen for sure.
I'm gonna go on the record and say no way in hell. The world record to gain level 60 is almost 5 days played. That's under ideal conditions for leveling, which we won't be seeing at the shitshow that will be Classic launch. Add ganking to the mix because I bet there are 10 people who would like to spoil a world record attempt for every one that wants to put that sort of time in.
That's probably getting to 60 in all greens. How long will it take to get a decent set of gear for the main tank alone?

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Most of these guys will be dungeon leveling though, so it won’t be all greens it will likely be pretty decent blues from BRD/UBRS etc

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I don't know why or how people born in the 80's-90's are somehow boomers it's probably because kids these days are really that stupid they can't even tell generations apart. Although the boomer v zoomer meme's are some funny shit.

9117aa883b6cbfa3e820a44c93670289d10fe6212693ea557b8404d50eaf5c3c_1.jpg
Fuuuuuck

Someone did the math based on how long it took people to get to 30 or 40 and iirc they're guessing 3ish days played to 60

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I can see the joana record get squashed. But still its gonna be close to maybe 4 days? That's 96 hours which is about 13 hours per day in a week, definitely doable, maybe even with some 20-24hr sessions. I'm an old man now but I can still do up a 24hr. The problem comes in when you need an entire guild of 30-40 to do this.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I can see the joana record get squashed. But still its gonna be close to maybe 4 days? That's 96 hours which is about 13 hours per day in a week, definitely doable, maybe even with some 20-24hr sessions. I'm an old man now but I can still do up a 24hr. The problem comes in when you need an entire guild of 30-40 to do this.
I'd agree except.method and limit did this shit raiding for world first for two weeks straight

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Someone I follow on Twitch is looking at a little over 17 hours played to get to level 29. He's a pretty competitive speedrunner using a tailored questing route as a Troll hunter. I know it's not the full picture and that the levels continue to ramp up a bit, but maybe it gives an idea of what is possible.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Someone I follow on Twitch is looking at a little over 17 hours played to get to level 29. He's a pretty competitive speedrunner using a tailored questing route as a Troll hunter. I know it's not the full picture and that the levels continue to ramp up a bit, but maybe it gives an idea of what is possible.

Roughly 20 hours to 30 is in line with Joana's old speed run guide. His old record was 4 days 21 hours played time. Let's assume people can cut a day off that and we're talking roughly 4 days played. That is still 96 hours out of 168 available hours in the week. Unless these turbo cucks are going to account share and pull all nighters I don't see how they are going to manage to hit 60 gear up, farm consumables, and kill Rag.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Roughly 20 hours to 30 is in line with Joana's old speed run guide. His old record was 4 days 21 hours played time. Let's assume people can cut a day off that and we're talking roughly 4 days played. That is still 96 hours out of 168 available hours in the week. Unless these turbo cucks are going to account share and pull all nighters I don't see how they are going to manage to hit 60 gear up, farm consumables, and kill Rag.

This guy is doing everything as well. He's got the insta turnin/accept quest addon, the instaloot addon, he kills things while moving to the next area or quest objective, if he hits a hurdle he completely restarts, and he's trying to beat Joana's time. I'd say he is pretty hardcore with the leveling. Of course that doesn't take into account AoE and/or dungeon leveling, which I have no idea about, but it seems like dungeon grinding is fairly competitive if not slightly better with a perfect group. I guess it really depends on how much dungeon lockouts factor into it. Because a nice AoE group can single pull most of SM and down them all, but they should be locked out a while before the dungeon limit is reset. I guess the optimal would be to single AoE pull the entire dungeon until the lockout, hearth to go quest following a guide, have a warlock sit at the instance to summon you back when the timer resets, get summoned back and repeat. I doubt anyone is going to do that though, but you never know.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Due to extremely high demand, we will be establishing the following new WoW Classic realm at approximately 20:00 CEST (19:00 BST) on Wednesday, August 14:

• Gehennas – PvP – English

We suggest that players choosing a realm consider this one, as we expect that other English PvP realms may experience severe queues at release.

• 1Worf

StJesuz

Graybeard Lurker
I think dungeon leveling is significantly slower than questing. Maybe there are some tricks that I don't know about. I'm sure that the best dungeons will not be open in phase one even, like Dire Maul.

Even if you had the characters being played in shifts, it will be super hard to break away from the massive hordes of people gaming that first week.

Wow new realm announced already!

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Due to extremely high demand, we will be establishing the following new WoW Classic realm at approximately 20:00 CEST (19:00 BST) on Wednesday, August 14:

• Gehennas – PvP – English

We suggest that players choosing a realm consider this one, as we expect that other English PvP realms may experience severe queues at release.
Sooooo severe queues WITH layering. Maybe we just need more servers and lower caps. (That's EU btw)

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

And thats being at top efficiency for that 96 hours too. Which will be hard to do.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
As long as at least one of these guilds is going hard for world first is on a PvP server and loses the race because of PvP I'll be happy. Just looking for a couple complete streamer freakouts over their time being wasted while the race is on.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Might be hard to hit 60 week one with "severe queues" and typical shit Blizz servers.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
As long as at least one of these guilds is going hard for world first is on a PvP server and loses the race because of PvP I'll be happy. Just looking for a couple complete streamer freakouts over their time being wasted while the race is on.

Yeah this is what I am most looking forward to seeing. It would almost be worth switching to the streamer server just to go to Blackrock Mountain at the end of the week and wreck these faggots with Sapper Chargers until they break their monitors.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
3 days would be hard to pull off. Im sure you can shave some time here and there from joanas shit done in 2006, but youre not shaving 40+ hours, lol. Extrapolating time is hard to do from like lv20-30 because it exponentially gets harder (time wise).

The dungeon leveling thing has me intrigued though. Im not sure this has been ever done in classic times.