World of Warcraft: Classic

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Not that I remember, didn't get anything till the honor system was added.

Warlock has a grinding macro that cast the dots and just press it for wanding afterwards makes it pretty easy.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
You guys are right. Went back and Preach did say that it got a LOT better, especially with improved wands talent. He went into learning the flow of your class and mana, where it's much more efficient if you aren't blowing your whole mana load on 1 mob, letting the Wand do damage, and killing "efficiently".

I levelled both mage and priest to 60 in vanilla and this was my experience with them:

Priest levelling = Shield > Mind blast > SWP > wand it to death and repeat, without running out of mana and rarely needing to heal
Mage levelling (non AOE) = spell > spell > spell > Maybe fit a second mob in > Drink for 20+ seconds.

One advantage Mage has though is that it can solo some elite quests if the target can be snared

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I levelled both mage and priest to 60 in vanilla and this was my experience with them:

Priest levelling = Shield > Mind blast > SWP > wand it to death and repeat, without running out of mana and rarely needing to heal
Mage levelling (non AOE) = spell > spell > spell > Maybe fit a second mob in > Drink for 20+ seconds.

One advantage Mage has though is that it can solo some elite quests if the target can be snared
Fuck. Now I'm considering Priest healer. I love healing. Damn it. Lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you're playing with the forum guild, keep in mind the class coverage. I'd check the roster list
Of course, that plays into it probably least of all though, because who knows who will quit, start over, change guilds, etc by the time we hit 60.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Of course, that plays into it probably least of all though, because who knows who will quit, start over, change guilds, etc by the time we hit 60.

Yep. Extrapolating from the expected composition day one to day 30/60/90 is not useful.

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm

The main question I'd ask myself is whether you want to look more at health bars or damage meters. I'm not a competitve person when it comes to PvE, so I'd rather play support. Some people love trying to top those charts though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I'm struggling on class choice too. But, I'm trying to remember that what I find fun and what makes me happy will be more important that if there are a half dozen other _____ class in the guild as well. We will need everything, ultimately. Pick what will be fun and will keep you engaged.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

Mage: Frostbolt > Fireblast > POM > Fireball > Fireblast > Frost Nova > Blink > Fireball > Arcane Missiles when they try to run away. If you go Fire, you wind up a Pyro first.

Higher level you could AOE farm with POM Flamestrike > Frost Nova > Blizzard > Arcane Explosion

Level 1 - 19 is basically Frostbolt, then spamming FIreball and Fireblast on cooldown.

Vanilla mage is 100% more interesting to play than its current iteration. Outside of raids, anyway.

*Edit: Add a solid 45 seconds of consuming water between kills.

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So four of the realms are full? Wtf does full mean?

It's a good indicator of server interest.

Whitemane should be a thriving server, probably home to most of the West coast audience and a few non-West coasters who were trying to avoid the East coast shitshow
Faerlina is anyone's guess, but it really depends what the streamers and their viewers end up doing, also a small population of Spanish speakers
Herod will be the mega-server, always congested and will probably have a thriving raiding and world PvP scene
Pagle will be the official PvE server of choice

1565746170595.png

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
A little more beta testing...

Thanks to your help testing WoW Classic, we’ve fixed many additional reported bugs since the Beta ended last month. To really ensure that these fixes are all functioning as expected and prepare the smoothest possible launch in two weeks, we’ve just re-opened our closed beta realms for additional testing of WoW Classic.

All testers who previously had access to the closed beta are now able to log into those realms. Characters that were previously created on the beta test realms were removed, and level 40-character templates are now available. The level cap has been increased to 45. Characters in this range will find level-appropriate quests to explore in zones such as Stranglethorn Vale, Swamp of Sorrows, Dustwallow Marsh, and Desolace.

As before, please use the in-game Bug Report button to submit issues encountered while testing. If you need more text space to explain an issue you encountered, please take it to our WoW Classic Support and Bug Report forum 18, which is now open for new threads.

This final closed beta test will end on Friday, August 16.

Thanks in advance to everyone who jumps in to test WoW Classic and help us prepare for its worldwide release on August 26 at 3:00 p.m. PDT!

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Crone will still be struggling with class choice 6 months from now :honkler:

That's like Draegan in Guild Wars 2. That dipshit kept changing classes to the Flavor of the Month, he never got a single one of them to max level before everyone quit the game.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user